• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ZPS - Zekrom/Magnezone

Nigel

Extra Spicy
4 Zekroms (BW)
3 Pachirisu (CL)
2 Shaymin (UL)
1 Cleffa (GS/CL)
2-1-2 Magnezone Prime (TR-TR-TR)
2 Tornadus EP (TR-TR)

3 Pokémon Collector
4 Dual Ball
2 Plus Power
3 Junk Arm
3 Professor Oak´s New Theory
2 Professor Juniper
2 Seeker
2 Pokémon Comunication
2 Switch
2 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon Catcher

13 Lighting Energy
2 DCE

The strategy of this deck is to T1 set up Zekrom, and donk if possible. Magnezone is for Drawpower and late game KOs. Yanmega Counters Donphan, and is great if I don't get set up fast enough.

Advice?

I'd run the new Tornadus over Donphan. Only because you have no space to run hand adjusters for Yanmega. Plus, Tornadus is a basic and uses the same energy engine. Don't forget, he can also two shot Donphan, while Yanmega does a 3 shot. Tornadus is also a lot cheaper, as I know you probably don't have Yanmega anymore :p

-2-2 Yanmega Prime
-1 SSU (I wouldn't run just one, especially with only one Junk Arm.)

+2 Tornadus
+1 Lightning (Consistency)
+2 Junk Arm

or

+2 Tornadus
+2 DCE
+1 Junk Arm

The choice is yours. If you want to focus on Tornadus a bit more, the second option works better, as you'll be able to power it up a lot easier.

@Tyraniking - Thanks for the advice.

Any cards from Emerging Powers you think I should add?

Maybe some more Catcher?

-1 Communication
+1 Catcher

Because 4 Communication is a bit too much for an almost all-basic deck. I'd be considering lowering it to two and adding ANOTHER Catcher, or another PlusPower. PlusPower helps a lot in this deck because 130 can one hit Reshiram, Beartic, Gothitelle (even though Magic Room prevents playing the PlusPower) and more. Catcher is a staple for a deck like this, it's what makes your Magnezone matchup decent.

Do you think running a 1-0-1 line of magnezone might work for this deck a little better? I had a similar idea but I really like your magnezone tech. I just think this deck should try and get that fast set up as quickly as it can, and now with trainer lock TRYING to make a come back magnezone might be dead cards in your hand. Just a suggestion but you should test with it and tell us how it goes, I just think Magnezone should be used for either super-late-I-don't-know-how-I'm-going-to-win-this-game or a tank shield.

IMO Magnezone isn't doing anything there. It gives u drawpower. Sure. Juniper gives it too. Late game? Just focus on Zekrom and u have late game. U should use only Tornadus and focus on turn 1 Set-Up cuz ur only threat is Donphan.

With the possibility of people running trainer lock -and I say that not thinking its going to be good in the format but that it will be played until people realize otherwise- do you think 4 dual balls are absolutely necessary?

I think that Magnezone Prime only should be played if you are also able to attack with it (it's not even a bad attacker in my opinion) (or if it's drawpower actually helps alot (i'm not playing zekrom dunk yet so I got no real experience with the deck)) because of Pokémon Catcher and Magnezone's high retreat cost (3) or you could of cause just put 1 or 2 more switch in the deck since Magnezone got 140 hp after all.
Also i think that the number of "basic-pokémon-search-cards" is too high.

@FlamingDriscoll09
Ok i see your point, but is the chance of setting up in T1 low enough to be worth using it? i just thought that the chance of getting the basic pokemons is big enough with 4 dual balls (and 3 pokemon collecters) and if the energies are the problem then I would run interviewer's questions.

Put in some super scoop ups in for Pachirisu and Shaymin, plus, attacking with magnezone wouldn't be too much of a bad idea :)

Back