• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard ZoroSquids With Techs (Malamar/Zoroark GX)

Wechselbalg

brb
The basic concept of the deck:

Malamar fixes Zoroark's DCE problem, Giratina, Necrozma-GX (mostly b/c of the GX attack) and Spell Tag help with the numbers for Zoroark, Sigilyph's ability also helps out by walling things like Blacephalon while its GX attack can also get you an OHKO if you didn't have to/couldn't use Black Ray. All secondary psychic attackers are useful in the Buzz MU while Onix is against other Zoroark decks. (Maybe also against Zeraora? It doesn't seem to be much of a thing yet.)
Due to having energy acceleration and potent non-GX attackers/attackers that require 2+energy to attack, special e. walls, Shuckle-GX and GX walls and hammers shouldn't be to much of a problem either. Treasure and Ultra Ball numbers are interchangeable I guess? Altough UB is the only way to search Zoroark so I might swap those numbers. No Mallow right now because this is quite different compared to my ZoroDeciTales build and on the turns where I'd need to Mallow I'd probably have to Guzma as well and this build needs to be played aggressively. Altar is not important but I want something that can remove Prism Stadiums.

I love the new Ditto.

Pokémon - 17

1 Ditto {*}
2 Zorua
3 Zoroark-GX
1 Onix LOT
1 Giratina LOT
2 Inkay
3 Malamar
1 Necrozma-GX
1 Sigilyph-GX
2 Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers

3 Spell Tag
1 Rescue Stretcher
2 Lillie
4 Mysterious Treasure
3 Ultra Ball
1 Pal Pad
3 Nest Ball
4 Cynthia
3 Guzma
2 Altar of the Moone
1 Judge
3 Choice Band

Energy - 13

4 DCE
9 Psychic

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Last edited:
Why Onix? I get the 120 but losing 2 DCE's for it doesn't really seem worth it

Edit: Since your running Ditto PS, I would look at cheap stage 1 Fighting types(If your looking for weakness damage)

Examples could be : Toxicroak (able to do 120 if one of your psychic's gets knocked out- that's 240 weakness) - 1 DCE

Mudsdale (Switchs Active with bench and 120 with weakness) - 1DCE/Basic or counter gain

Pupitar LST can Tank for 1 turn in case you need to set up.

If it is just for 1 prizer maybe Sudowoodo or Minior for disruption

Last edited:
The Toxicroak actually sounds interesting but it doesn't work if the opponent targets Zoroark. Still, I might try it out, nice idea, thanks!

*bump*

If anyone is interested, I completely revamped the list after some testing and looking at Rukan's metal Zoroark build - turns out that the 1 Cynthia, 4 Lillie, 3 Guzma, 2 Kukui supporter count is pretty good for offensive Zoro lists right now. Removed the Sigilyph and Onix because the former was very situational and the latter is only good against Zoro mirror which you can also fix with a Black Ray-GX instead, which is also pretty good in other MUs as well so I upped the Necrozma count to 2. Removed 1 Giratina and added a Shining Lugia which is petty basic for Malamar decks and it still works.
I also changed the stadium count to 4, 2x Lysandre Labs (which is basically a superior Field Blower in this format as most tools used right now are passive and it also removes prism stadiums) and 2x Devoured Field.

Pokémon

4 Zorua
4 Zoroark-GX
2 Inkay
2 Malamar
1 Shining Lugia
1 Giratina LOT
1 Ditto {*}
2 Necrozma-GX
2 Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers

1 Rescue Stretcher