• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard ZoroGren

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
2 Carvanha (UNB 110)
2 Sharpedo (UNB 111)
3 Greninja & Zoroark-GX (UNB 107)
2 Naganadel (LOT 108)
2 Poipole (LOT 107)
1 Ditto Prism Star (LOT 154)
1 Blitzle
1 Zebstrika

13 Darkness Energy (SM 170)
3 PokéNav (CLS 140)
1 Judge (FLI 108)
2 Viridian Forest (TEU 156)
1 Red's Challenge (UNB 184)
2 Choice Helmet (LOT 229)
2 Escape Board (UPR 122)
2 Pokémon Fan Club (UPR 133)
1 Energy Switch (CLS 129)
3 Lillie (UPR 125)
3 Pokégear 3.0 (UNB 182)
1 Black Market Prism Star (TEU 134)
4 Cynthia (UPR 119)
3Acro Bike (CLS 123)
4 Pokémon Communication (TEU 152)
2 Cherish Ball

Last edited:

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Been testing this practically all day and this has been really good. Choice Helmet has come up so clutch against other GX decks and even though the Pokemon lineup seems clogged, the only piece of deadweight is actually Jirachi believe it or not. Might cut it for another Forest or Judge Whistle because it has done nothing but eat space on my bench.

HoustonHammerhead

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly I play a version of this deck that doesn't have Naganadel or Jirachi and play Nanu, Darkrai Prism and a couple copies of Darkrai GX and the deck runs so much smoother. Focus on getting Darkrai Prism out to get 2 energies right off the back, and once you get a Darkrai GX in the discard you can really get rolling. Restoration & Nanu for 4 turns.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
This is for after the rotation so Darkrai-GX is out of the picture. I did consider Nanu and Darkrai Prism but just couldn't make it work for what I was going for. Jirachi is going bye-bye for probably another Forest and going to get rid of Spinner for either another Darkness Energy or Energy Recycle System. I will say that nothing sucks worse than missing on Sharpedo, especially in the early game where you have energy in the deck but Sharpedo's attack is good when it works. I mean it's Hydro Pump basically.

Naganadel has been really good since I can use Forest to discard an energy to search an energy then recover it with Nag.

NaganadelIsBeast

Pun Intended
If this is post rotation, then I strongly suggest the Incineroar GX/Alolan Ninetales GX variant. You can search your basics work Elm, and everything else with Cherish Ball.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I did consider Incieroar but just couldn't get it to work for me. Not a fan of useless bench sitters like Alolan Ninetales unless I ran Unit Energy for the GX attack.

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
Is it worth keeping the single copy of Judge + 2 Judge Whistles when you could be playing Reset Stamp + 2 Acro Bikes? I've been testing a lot of decks using combinations of Judge Whistle/Order Pad/Acro Bike and Judge Whistle is easily the worst of the three.

Also like you said, Jirachi is pointless. You don't have Guzma anymore and you also don't run Switch so why bother with it. I'd honestly cut that too in order to max out Acro Bike. That or a Dedenne GX because I noticed you play 2 Pokemon Fan Clubs, which means you can turn those into a pseudo draw supporter as well.

I've done zero testing with PokeNav. How's that working for you?

This is a small point but I think 2 PokeGear + 4/4 Cynthia/Lillie is slightly better than 3 PokeGear + 4/3 Cynthia/Lillie. Your "outs" to a supporter stay the same but your 2 PokeGears become a little better with the additional supporter card.

Tl;dr
2 Carvanha (UNB 110)
2 Sharpedo (UNB 111)
3 Greninja & Zoroark-GX (UNB 107)
2 Naganadel (LOT 108)
2 Poipole (LOT 107)
1 Ditto Prism Star (LOT 154)
1 Dedenne GX

1 Black Market Prism Star (TEU 134)
1 Viridian Forest (TEU 156)

4 Pokémon Communication (TEU 152)
3 PokéNav (CLS 140)