• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Zoroark / Sky Field

Rakkis157

Aspiring Trainer
This is a deck I've been running (and enjoying) on Expanded format in PTCGO, and I'm hoping to improve the deck's performance a little further.

Pokemon: 17
  • 4-4 Zoroark DEX
  • 3 Sableye DEX
  • 3 Spiritomb LTR
  • 3 Yveltal XY
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 3 N
  • 3 Colress
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 2 Repeat Ball
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Evosoda
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Dark Patch
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Silver Bangle
  • 4 Sky Field
Energy: 10
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 6 Darkness Energy

Changelog:

16/6
  • -3 Absol PLF
  • -1 Ultra Ball
  • -1 Repeat Ball
  • -1 Lysandre
  • -1 N

• +3 Yveltal XY
  • +2 Darkness Energy
  • +1 Dark Patch
  • +1 Evosoda
Strategy:

What this deck aims to do is basically set up a Zoroark as quickly as possible and use its Brutal Bash to hit for 20 damage per Darkness Pokemon you have in play. With Skyfield, each of your attacks cap at 180 damage (210 with Silver Bangle).

Absol PLF is your secondary attacker to fall back on if you can't get Zoroark up and running, hitting 120 (180 with Sky Field) if your opponent has a full Bench, which is usually the case against Raichu and M Ray Colorless decks. Spiritomb LTR serves to lock out ACE Specs, as well as provide you with early draw power if you get a bad start. Sableye lets you recycle Items such as your various Pokeballs, Dark Patch, Sacred Ash and VS Seeker, and its first attack *could potentially* help you by making a Quaking Punch fail.

4 Level Balls because it is the best search card for the deck, letting you get your basics in play quickly. 2 Ultra Balls to primarily fetch out Absol or Zoroark, or to discard energy for Dark Patch. 3 Repeat Balls work quite well in this deck as you run multiples of many Pokemon, making it a good card to build up your Bench. I'm considering Pokemon Communication, but I am not sure if it would perform well in this deck.

I am trying to figure out the best ratio of DCE and Basic Energy to run in this deck. Darkness Energy can be recycled with Dark Patch, but DCE is crucial to have multiple Zoroark up and running from as early as turn 2, and under item lock is your only means of charging up a Zoroark in a single turn.

Would like to hear your thoughts and advice on this.

Edit: (16/6)

I made a couple of changes to this deck. The most notable is the swap from Absol PLF to baby Yveltals, which I'm finding quite useful is many situations. I haven't gotten around to trying out Yveltal EX yet.

Added in a third Dark Patch, and to support that change, I increased the Basic Energy count to 6. I cut out a Repeat Ball and an Ultra Ball to add in an Evosoda, and thinned out a Lysandre and an N for it. The reason I chose to take out the N is because once my deck gets set up, it serves no purpose but to clog up my hand, as the deck takes prizes very quickly and Colress is superior in nearly every situation except for when I am behind.

I'm trying to fit in a second Lysandre, but I'm honestly not sure on what to cut.

Last edited: