Zoroark Promo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukeo

Skitty is so cute! <3
Hello.

I though maybe the promo Zoroark from the new Black and White Collection is pretty good with its second attack Counterfeit, which copies an Attack without its attackcost, with a DCE, its all of your opponents Active Pokemon's attack for a DCE.

Spoiler:
Zoroark - Darkness - HP100
Stage 1 - Evolves from Zorua

[D] Nasty Plot: Choose any 1 card from your deck and put it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[C][C] Counterfeit: Choose 1 of your opponent's Active Pokemon's attacks, and use it as this attack.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1
103-double-colorless-energy.jpg

I think its a great card. Would be interesting to see in combo with Broken Time Space to allow your opponents to evolve fast for once and to see how well it stands up or whether it can get enough damage output to kill off their good pokemon.

Steelix=dead. Jumpluff=Maybe dead.
Apart from that, there's really not a whole lot that it really just destroys. In this metagame, people run off of 1- or 2- energy attacks for he most part, so Zoruark won't really give you that much much of an advantage. Take Scizor Prime, for example. 30 damage for DCE, which is probably going to be lowered to 10 mid-game or even 0 if Scizor has enough Special Metal attached to it. Then there's Magnezone Prime. This deck would not be based off of lots and lots of energy, which you would need to beat Maggy. The problem is that most decks are based on their main attacker's attack and build a deck around it; the problem with Zoruark is that you don't know what the attack will do. Sure, you can add, say, rainbow energy, but that'll help with Scizor and not much else. You'd have to tech against too many decks, and a good rogue that you're not prepared for would just wipe a deck based on Zoruark out.
There are two ways I can see this card being used: as a starter and as a tech (but not in its own deck). If it were a starter, any card you want for 1 {D} isn't bad, particularly if you're running a deck already with dark energy (eg Umbreon). Its 2nd attack, too, isn't that bad, particularly against Donphan Prime or Steelix Prime (of course, Donphan OHKOs Zoruark for 1 energy, which isn't good). You just need to keep in mind that it is a stage 1. As a tech, it would be useful against Steelix Prime, but there's already Blaziken FB X for that, so I'm not sure how much play this card will see.

@Scizorliscious: Dude, you got this all wrong. First of all, Steelix is not dead it's just not played a lot, Jumpluff on the otherhand, is pretty much dead, the loss of Claydol was just to much for Jumpluff.
Secondly, Zoroark is only good as a tech anybody who tries to make a deck around just Zoroark is not very smart.
Also, you mentioned Zoroark only against some rouge decks, I think Zoroark is decent against SPs, after Garchomp C Dragon Rushs you, you can bring up Zoroark attach a DCE and snipe whatever you want to, and against Blaziken FB if they Jet Shooted you last turn you can easily just Jet Shoot right back for the KO.

All in all I think Zoroark is a good card. I think it will definitely see play. (If they release it outside of Japan. :/)

Nonononono. I meant a deck WITH Zoruark would kill Steelix (Steelix is still going strong, and perhaps even getting better) and maybe win against Jumpluff (sorry I was vague with what I meant there).
And yeah, no deck with Zoruark as a main attacker is going very far.
It takes space to tech in, though. If you're already running DCE, that's fine, but it's not really going to give you a huge advantage against anything. Zoruark is only as good as the Pokémon it's playing against attack-wise, and while it does have some good matchups, it still doesn't give a huge advantage against SP. GCX's attack still requires you to discard the DCE and Zoruark has 10 less HP than GCX. Sniping is fine and dandy, but you can only use it once every 2 turns, so you get to snipe once before your opponent KOs that Zoruark or just keeps sniping away with Pokéturn and removing the damage from your sniping by placing down Garchomp again. LuxChomp and DialgaChomp are built around sniping, so they'd do it a lot more effectively than a deck not built around sniping every single game (such as one with a Zoruark tech).

Using a Dragon Rush is extremely useful to a Zoruark tech. Obviously you are not going to dragon rush a Pokemon that can be healed/Poketurned next turn. Remember that your deck is an entirely different deck. So doing an 80 snipe is an extremely added bonus. It like having a Garchomp C X, without the Pokeradar/Energy-Gain/Poketurn/Cyrus Conspiracy business. ya dig?

True. The problem is, any Pokémon on an SP player's team can be Pokéturned. Including GCX, which your opponent then plays and heals every one of their Pokémon (assuming they're running an SP engine). And, of course, you still have to discard the DCE, which is either painful if your main attacker uses it, or sort of a waste of space in your deck if you have multiple ones only for Zoruark. OHKOing a benched Crobat G is fine, but get ready to be sniped back and not be able to use Drangon Rush next turn, while your opponent just Pokéturns or retreats and starts laying out damage.

Or you could snipe a benched luxray gl or garchomp c that hasn't been leveled up yet..?

You could. Still, though, prepare to get sniped back after using that DCE up and not being able to use Dragon Rush that turn. Any Garchomp deck is prepared to build around sniping.
Keep in mind, if your opponent sees that Zoruark, he/she will tend to either level-up the Garchomp/Luxray or keep it in his/her hand instead of leaving it there for sniping. It's pretty obvious what it'll be used for...

@Scizorliscious: I disagree with you on the subject of Zoroark kills Steelix, it may sound cool doing 100 Damage for 1 energy, but with the combination of Steelix's 140 HP and Special Metal Energys you can't OHKO Steelix, but Steelix can OHKO you.

I really like the idea of Zoroark vs Gengar, you can Shadow Room the active Gengar so when it gets KO'd Fainting Spell doesn't activate. (Of course you can snipe whatever you want as well.) You can also use Poltergeist and hit Gengar for weakness. Then to top it off Zoroark has resistance to Gengar.:)
Zoroark could give SP players the edge against Vilegar.

The thing is, if you copy snipe Dragon Rush you can snipe out a benched Lux gl or Gar C. Which is a huge blow to an SP Player. If they revenge snipe your Zoro, then you go back to your main attacker because remember, Zoro is just a tech.

Zoroark is legendary. I love this card. Sure, going up against Luxray GL LV.X isn't always the best, but there's a pretty darn good chance that you'll be seeing Dialga G LV.X or Garchomp C LV.X to follow suit. I agree with your YourP1MP in the fact that I'd run Zoroark as a tech and nothing else, primarily because it's risky. You're not always going to get to copy the attack you want, and Zoroark has average HP. Nonetheless, it's a card worth teching in.

@Afro-G: Yeah, there's no chance of OHKOing Steelix, but it's a lot faster. You'll usually 2HKO it, unless it has a good number of Sp. Metal Energy/E-Belt on it. Even so, Zoruark's faster.

Reversal/Poké Blower + would be good with Zoruark for sure. Not so much Circulation or Warp Point (Uxie's attack isn't THAT good...).

number one luxchomp doesn't deserve to oppose zoroark because
sp=turds and jumpluff is amazing and doesn't need stupid claydol
stop living in the past there is magnezone prime for draw power now
but jumpluff alone=weak you have to pair her up with someone which
I have already accomplished and I will not reveal my decklist btw steelix isn't that great once rotation happens and even now I've beaten Healix
with my deck I run HGSS and up. Steelix may become useful but with reshiram floating around people might not play him.

How is Garchomp a basic?!?!?!?!? I <3 the new format and rules.
ps. I defeated 5 luxchomp decks at regionals with my HGSS and up deck
omg vespiquen no sniping for Garchomp
omg metapod no weakness sorry Luxray
Oh, NOEZ they bright looked my vespiquen with 3 retreat cost
oh well attach rescue energy or switch

I can proudly say I've beaten Luxchomp mutiple times with my own decklist. One match though we both had 1 prize and he bright looked vespiquen thinking he would hinder me but I just swithched and mass attacked for 120 however jumpluff isn't the main attacker in my deck. ;3

You guys do realize that the Zoroark Promo is the same as the one you pull in the Black & White Packs only difference being they both have different illustrations and the second attack is called Foul Play not Counterfeit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back