Help Zoroark/Lycanroc

Francisco Marin

Aspiring Trainer
I know this deck is popular, but I'm a bit confused as to why this variant is preferred to other Zoroark variants.

What exactly is the best strategy when playing this deck as I seem confused as to why people like this deck?

What other Zoroark variant do you think is better than ZoroRoc?
Lycanroc is great because
- it hits Zoroark for weakness
- it can score an OHKO with Dangerous Rogue GX
- it has a great ability that can be used to disrupt opponents, bringing up supporting/low-HP/unevolved Pokémon and KOing them or leaving Pokémon hard to retreat in the active position
- it has no weakness that is common in the metagame
- it can't be OHKOed easily
- it hits the magic 130 with Diancie

There is no reason not to prefer this variant. Here is a short strategy summary:

VS Mirror Match
It's a Lycanroc-focused match. Whoever gets first to knock out the opposing Lycanroc GX with Dangerous Rogue GX wins almost every time. The mirror match is a close match and it really depends on who has more luck.

VS Shrine of Punishment
Setup: Lycanroc GX, Diancie, BabyBuzz/Sudowoodo, Zoroark GX with Weakness Policy. KO their active each turn with Claw Slash. Kill potential threats such as Trubbish fast enough with Bloodthirsty Eyes. Replace Shrine with Devoured Field. It's in my opinion a 60/40 matchup.

Against other decks the strategy is basically 2HKOing GXs, get one Dangerous Rogue OHKO, killing pre-evolutions or supporting Pokémon such as Vikavolt, trying to go first and disrupt their setup with early KOs.

What other Zoroark variant do you think is better than ZoroRoc?
Lycanroc is great because
- it hits Zoroark for weakness
- it can score an OHKO with Dangerous Rogue GX
- it has a great ability that can be used to disrupt opponents, bringing up supporting/low-HP/unevolved Pokémon and KOing them or leaving Pokémon hard to retreat in the active position
- it has no weakness that is common in the metagame
- it can't be OHKOed easily
- it hits the magic 130 with Diancie

There is no reason not to prefer this variant. Here is a short strategy summary:

VS Mirror Match
It's a Lycanroc-focused match. Whoever gets first to knock out the opposing Lycanroc GX with Dangerous Rogue GX wins almost every time. The mirror match is a close match and it really depends on who has more luck.

VS Shrine of Punishment
Setup: Lycanroc GX, Diancie, BabyBuzz/Sudowoodo, Zoroark GX with Weakness Policy. KO their active each turn with Claw Slash. Kill potential threats such as Trubbish fast enough with Bloodthirsty Eyes. Replace Shrine with Devoured Field. It's in my opinion a 60/40 matchup.

Against other decks the strategy is basically 2HKOing GXs, get one Dangerous Rogue OHKO, killing pre-evolutions or supporting Pokémon such as Vikavolt, trying to go first and disrupt their setup with early KOs.

I can't really say what other variant is good as I'm not a Zoroark player, but something about this variant made me want to play it and I couldn't figure out the fuss, but you definitely answered my questions!

Thank you I really appreciate it and Im gonna consider trying this deck out in the near future.

Back