• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zoroark/Latios (BKT-FLI)

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon - 19
4x Zorua-SLG
4x Zoroark-GX
3x Latios-SLG
1x Kartana-GX
1x Dusk Mane Necrozma-PR
1x Sudowoodo-BKP
1x Shaymin-SLG
1x Mew-EX
3x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers - 32
1x Professor Sycamore
2x Cynthia
3x N
1x Professor Kukui
3x Brigette
1x Mallow
2x Guzma
4x Ultra Ball
3x Field Blower
4x Puzzle of Time
1x Enhanced Hammer
1x Rescue Stretcher
3x Choice Band
1x Float Stone
2x Parallel City

Energy - 9
3x Psychic Energy
1x Unit Energy LPM
1x Counter Energy
4x DCE

In many ways, it's a pretty standard Zoro build, inspired a bit by the older Zoroark/Counter variants, but I think Latios is a v. strong attacker in the current format, and it helps a lot in setting up KOs for Zoroark in the mid to late game with its spread.

Could this have potential, or is there too much going on here? Should the Unit Energy be a Rainbow, or is there merit to keeping a potentially game-changing damage counter off the board? I would be pretty interested to hear what everyone else thinks. Thanks!

Following are a few thoughts for your consideration:

Zoroark (Stand In) is another 1-prize, solid attacker that can be used.

If your intent /primary strategy is to setup opponents' Pokémon for eventual KO by Zoroark/Zoroark GX, then your deck could be revised a bit more to support that strategy. For example, Tapu Koko (Flying Flip) is a great, fre-retreating Poké that can spread damage onto all of your opponent's Pokémon.

IMO, your Kartana GX, Sudowoodo and Shaymin are "situational" and can dilute the overall effectiveness of your strategy and deck. As a result, your energy mix and count are highly dependent upon having the right energy at the right time which can be quite cumbersome given the current mix and count.

Following are some suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-1 Zoroark GX
-1 Kartana GX
-1 DM Necrozma GX
-1 Shaymin
-1 Tapu Lele GX - 2 should be quite sufficient
-1 Brigette - 2 should be quite sufficient

+2 Tapu Koko
+1 Zoroark
+2 Counter
+1 Special Charge

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I think Kartana, DMN and the LPM Energy don’t add enough to justify having them. Maybe toss in a draw supporter or two and some more energy?

Back