Zoroark in Sablelock?

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Now you may be thinking "Why Zoroark?" Well I say this because I think about the good points of it.
1. Search my deck for any one card?! Heck yes!.
2. If I don't use foul play I can simply copy one of my opponent's attacks.
3. I already have 4 dark, 4 special dark and 4 DCEs in there anyways so why not?

Please remember to include card scans when looking for combos/ideas. Thanks! ~Gliscor

Zoroark

I think you should just focus on locking your opponent because:
A. Sableye sets up just fine for you through Impersonate.
And B. With Sablelock you should be locking your opponent and (if done Correctly) shouldn't have set up. This means that you would be Foul Playing useless attacks that won't be very useful to your opponent or you.

Test it for sure but to be safe I'd stick with 2-2 Honchkrow.

Yeah I would stick with big daddy krow...
I mean I can see the merit in having Zoroark as he would help greatly agasint zekrom (OHKO) but if you think about it, your krow will most of the time to (although it will have weakness) But they will generally have Zek acvtive, pachi, shaymin so thats 30dmg on there side of the field for krow (40 if they have two zek's out which is the norm)

Then 50 from your side of the field, so thats 80-90 then 30 from the attack so thats 110-120, then +10 from special dark which takes you up to 130, or ten short (which can be solved with Brobat G)

I think sticking with the krow will be better for match up's accross the board, especially SP matchups (all the basic's in play) and krow's poke-power can really help get the extra damage, and he's a great machamp / g-dos counter...

And as said above, sablock is about destroying there setup, while setuping your side of the field..

It would seem alright, but here are my problems with it:
1. Conistency: adding a 2-2 (or whatever) Pokémon line to an already fully loaded Sabelock seems like it would seriously damage the consistency, it's just two more cards to keep you from getting the right opening hand.
2. Space: I've played Sabelock before, and it is a tight list, it's often very hard to add techs to a Sabelock while keeping all the necessities.

But hey, BR's is likely your last chance to play this deck, so you may as well have some fun.

I can see what you all mean about consistency, setup, and stuff like that, but I only have one more league day before battle roads. (My league day is thursday and battle roads is next sunday.) At the league I go to it's generally jam packed with people who want to battle, but the problem is they are already battling someone else :headbang so I may only have one or two (depending on if one of my friends comes over before battle roads) chances to test this. Would someone else who plays Sablelock mind testing this for me?

Back