• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zoroark Gx + Lycanroc Gx + Lucario Gx

AcePlayz

Just call me, the Pokemon Master!
I attend a very small Pokemon League, in Kamloops B.C. The decks people play are not meta, so I have a zoroark, lucario, and lycanroc deck list, how well does it do against lost march and stuff?
Here is the address if you would like to come, (250 3 Ave, Kamloops, BC V2C 3M3)

Pokemon:
4 Zorua
4 Zoroark Gx
2 Rockruff
2 Lycanroc Gx GRI
2 Riolu
2 Lucario Gx
1 Alolan Grimer
1 Alolan Muk SM
2 Tapu Lele Gx
1 Oranguru ULP

Trainers:
4 Lillie
2 Guzma
2 Acerola
1 Cynthia
1 Judge
1 Mallow
4 Ultra Ball
4 Nest Ball
4 Communication
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 Pal Pad
1 Field Blower
1 Choice Band
1 Counter Gain
2 Viridian Forest

Energy (8)
4 Double Colorless Energy
3 Fighting Energy
1 Rainbow Energy

Lost March is a 50/50, Just try and use just the Zoroark's, LM can hit weakness on on the lycanrocs and the lucario. Pikarom in an autowin and you have a good matchup against most rogues but watch out for stall. I've been playing a similar list the past 2 weeks or so, it does pretty well.

Looks good. Anything you’re having trouble with?
You might need more energy, I’d do something like -1 Pal Pad for an Energy.
Also, consider Magcargo. ‘S a good card.

Looks good. Anything you’re having trouble with?
You might need more energy, I’d do something like -1 Pal Pad for an Energy.
Also, consider Magcargo. ‘S a good card.
Pal pad is too good to get rid of, Guzma recycling without needing to attack is amazing. But 3 basic is fine because of the Viridian.

The pal pad has helped, but the rainbow energy is useless.
-1 Rainbow energy
-1 Oranguru
+2 Fighting energy

How does that sound

Because you're living in an area where not many people are playing meta decks, your list should be fine.

I personally dislike playing 5 basic fighting because you should have the Oranguru to be able to recycle it (you shouldn't cut Oranguru), and I like the 1-of Rainbow Energy so you can Acerola Lucario the turn after you use Aura Strike. The one reason I don't like it, however, is because Pikarom can just one-shot you back with Tag Bolt without any damage modifiers (but they run Band and Electropower anyway so it doesn't affect you that badly). I personally play just the 4 straight basic fighting.

Edit: i take that back i like 4 communication

Last edited:
Since you dont face a lot of meta decks, I would use a more straightforward zoroark lycanroc list, without the lucarios (since they're much more useful against pikachu zekrom decks)

Back