• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zoroark-GX/Banette-GX (Post-Rotation)

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Looking for some feedback on my Zoroark/Banette post-rotation deck. I think it has a lot of potential but feel like it can be optimized, especially the Supporter/Item counts.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 4 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 3 Shuppet CES 63
* 2 Banette-GX CES 66
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 1 Buzzwole FLI 77
* 1 Oranguru UPR 114

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Judge FLI 108
* 2 Acerola BUS 142
* 1 Apricorn Maker CES 124
* 1 Copycat CES 127
* 1 Tate & Liza CES 166
* 1 Mallow GRI 145
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 1 Multi Switch BUS 164
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Weakness Policy BUS 126
* 2 Altar of the Moone GRI 117

##Energy - 8

* 4 Rainbow Energy SUM 137
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Shikageru

Aspiring Trainer
My main issue here is that a well timed Xurkitree completely dominates this deck. You literally have no option but to scoop if they play down Xurkitree GX. Yes, you can Guzma around it and they might fear a regular energy coming in, but with none in deck, in a Bo3, you're done. Even if they lose game 1, then their entire focus becomes getting Xurkitree out and walling you. And sure, Xurkitree GX isn't exactly the most common card played, but Ray CAN play it. Beast Box CAN play it. And we're getting even more lightning support in November, meaning it's going to see play then as well.

Don't get me wrong. I've been trying to test this deck as well. And there are other issues. But that is my biggest concern besides not being able to keep up with the other Zoroark decks out there. But maybe I'm just crazy. Ho hum indeed.