Zoroark from Black & White (#71) [5/19]

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
cotdcopy.png

71-zoroark.jpg

Guiding questions:
1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
2. What popular metagame decks could it be used in?
3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).
5. How's the artwork?

Posts MUST be several sentences long with proper grammar and spelling or they will be deleted - this forum is to discuss specific cards so other people can learn about their potential in the current metagame.

1. How does the card stand on its own? Is it good, bad, or have potential? Is it worth being played?
This card is not a good card on its own. A low 100 HP makes it an easy target, though I see this card being used as an excellent Reshiram/ Zekrom tech.

I've seen this card teched in a number of HGSS+ decks including Reshiboar.

You can use it to KO Reshiram and Zekrom (with one pluspower, that is.)

4. Give it a rating, and explain why you have given it that rating. You can also rate the card by rating the thread itself (out of 5 stars).

3.5/5 Great tech, though not good on its own.

5. How's the artwork?
4/5 If it had more of a background, it would be a little better. Though Zoroark is in a cool pose, so ^^

Not great on its own. Amazing potential. Definitely worth it.
Any deck that plays DCE should play a 2-2 of this
.3. What combos can you use it with? How so?
Is should be a tech in a ton of decks. It can be used to one should the HGSS-on BDIF attacker reshiram with a plus power. Deadly with reversal as well.
4.5 because it is a good counter to many decks and it can abuse DCE 100 HP is average for a stage 1. The weakness is terrible for it.
5. How's the artwork?
Amazing artwork. Looks sharp and cool.

1. Can't stand on it's own, as it ironically needs the opponent's help. Nasty plot is a good start. I'd play it.
2. I play rogue so I'm not very familiar with many meta builds so besides reshiboar to counter another reshiboar I don't know.
3. Vs Reshiram it doesn't need to discard fire energy for blue flare so with plus power reshiram or zekrom (although that hurts more) is dead
4. 4.7/5 great in the HS-on format
5. good, this was picked out of a contest right?

-- I think it has trouble standing on its own because it needs the opponent to have something out there. I do like Foul Play and it may be that is how I will use it more.

-- So far, I've only used it in my Tyranitar Prime deck. It helps with getting the Stage 1 & 2 cards out.

-- Just in my Tyranitar deck, to help the evolutions along, though you have to wait until your next turn to play the evolution card. :(

I give it a 4/5, mostly because it has potential to help evolve and also knock out some big pokemon while they are still powering up.

5. How's the artwork?
I like it! Nothing special about it though, but it shows the whole pokemon.

Back