Discussion Zoroark (BreakThrough) / Target whistle

Mao999

Aspiring Trainer
With the new set finally some cards will get a new life, like the target whistle from Phantom forces!

I was thinking that the new zoroark will definitely take an immense advantage from this card,
filling the bench of your opponent and boosting the damage output!

What do you think guys?

XY4_EN_106.png

Zoroark – Darkness – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Zorua

Ability: Impersonate
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may switch this Pokemon with your Active Pokemon.

[C][C] Mind Jack 10+ This attack does 10 damage plus 30 more damage for each Pokemon on your opponent’s Bench.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

The main problem that I often find with things like Target Whistle is that you actually need your opponent to have basic Pokemon in the discard. Whenever I've play-tested Training Whistle, early on there is rarely Pokemon to use the whistle on. This hindrance makes the card pretty much dead early on. However, if you could combo the whistle with a sort of mill card (Ninjask?), there is potential to make a Zoroark/Target Whistle/Mill deck viable.

The main problem that I often find with things like Target Whistle is that you actually need your opponent to have basic Pokemon in the discard. Whenever I've play-tested Training Whistle, early on there is rarely Pokemon to use the whistle on. This hindrance makes the card pretty much dead early on. However, if you could combo the whistle with a sort of mill card (Ninjask?), there is potential to make a Zoroark/Target Whistle/Mill deck viable.

Maybe it will make a nice combo with the old durant (A very nice mill by itself :D )
Thank you for your suggestions :)

I only like target whistle in some decks, it's a great card to play when your opponent is keeping there 5th slot open for either more draw power or another attacker, so basically against vespiquen it's that niche card to play like hex maniac. And against other decks it's not so much about getting a pokemon in the discard pile as much as knocking out a useless active that isn't going to do them much of a favor late game.

Otherwise target whistle in mega latios is strong, bench that shaymin, blow it up.

Back