Ruling Zoroark and S&E Legend

Broken Pokemon EX

Aspiring Trainer
Just wrapped up a match on playtcg where their Zoroark copied my S&E Legend's Torrent Blade, and as far as I knew he would have to return 2 {W} energy to his hand just like the attack says in order to use it. But he claims he didn't have to do so. I just got back into the tcg recently so I really didn't want to argue over a ruling I was potentially ignorant to. Can someone clear this up for me?

This is from the sticky...

Q. If I use Zoroark's Foul Play and copy an attack that requires me to discard Energy, e.g. Magnezone LV.X's Cyber Shock, and I cannot discard that Energy from Zoroark, what happens? What about if I copied Emboar's Flare Blitz?
A. If Zoroark has that kind of energy attached to it, you must discard it if you are able. However, if Zoroark doesn't have that energy, the attack will still do its damage even if you discard nothing, as Foul Play does not require you to do everything else to perform that attack. (If a Metronome-style attack says "You must still do anything in order to perform that attack" and the target attack has a discard requirement, it must be fulfilled or the attack will do nothing. Zoroark's Foul Play, however, does not require this.)

dmaster out.

Back