• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Zoro Box for Portland

RoboSensei

I hate Greninja
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 24

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 4 Zorua DEX 70
* 1 Zoroark NXD 102
* 4 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 2 Slugma CES 23
* 2 Magcargo CES 24
* 2 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 2 Alolan Grimer SUM 57
* 1 Mewtwo-EX NXD 98
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 155
* 1 Alolan Muk SUM 58
* 1 Seismitoad-EX FFI 106

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
* 1 Acerola BUS 142
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177a
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Xerosic PHF 110
* 2 Colress PLS 118
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Brigette BKT 161
* 1 Field Blower GRI 163
* 1 N NVI 101
* 3 Sky Field ROS 89
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy GRI 166

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I've been playing with this a lot at league and online and I feel like I either want to play this or BuzzRoc at Portland. Here are some thoughts, concerns and considerations I have made regarding shaping the deck up before the event.

I haven't done much testing with 2 Exeggcute instead of 3, but I feel like 2 is fine to deal with even if one of them gets prized.

Oricorio GRI56 may be a niche tech for Night March. You can bait them into playing down their Dimension Valley by abusing your own Sky Field and making them want to replace it. I'm unsure of Night March's use of Field Blower or Delinquent.

Seismitoad-EX + Karen will shut down Night March. I'm not sure how much of a threat it will be at Portland but I want to come prepared.

Regarding coming prepared, I would like to find space for a Giratina XY184. I know Zoroark already has a relatively easy time against Trevenant BREAK, but my most hated deck of all time, Greninja BREAK may show up and I want to make sure I give them the harshest time possible.

Sometimes I feel like I need more than 1 gusting supporter, whether it be a 2nd copy of Guzma or adding in a Lysandre.

Professor Kukui sometimes sounds like it could come in handy. It will allow Mewtwo-EX with a Choice Band to 1-shot a Buzzwole-GX that only has 1 energy attached to it, where it would normally require a 2nd energy on the Buzzwole or a 2nd DCE to itself, which would be sub-optimal. It also allows Zoroark to 1-shot a Sylveon-GX provided you have a full bench and a Choice Band attached.

Regarding Buzzwole, would I need more things to sway the matchup in my favor? Perhaps Mewtwo EVO51 or the aforementioned Oricorio GRI56? Maybe even Weakness Policy? Foul Play Zoroark with a Choice Band can copy Knuckle Impact for knockout, and even Absorption GX and Dangerous Rogue GX. Using either of these as your GX attack is fine, considering the deck has no primary GX attack of it's own to use.

More Zoroark? I have seen lists that play 2 Foul Play or 1 Foul Play and 1 Mind Jack. Would it be this beneficial to run this much Zoroark?

2/1 Alolan Muk line - I feel that a lot of the time, a piece of this line gets prized, making it significantly more difficult to recover from Sudowoodo GRI66, so I decided that 2 Grimer would be enough initial setup while keeping only 1 Muk.

I have just now made the change from Computer Search to Dowsing Machine as my ACE SPEC. I feel like with having access to Magcargo every turn (maybe even 2), Computer Search doesn't seem as good as it is for decks that don't already have free deck search. Now with the absence of Puzzle of Time from the format, it is now much more difficult, if not impossible to get non-Pokemon/energy cards out of the discard pile. Useful targets to retrieve with this card are Sky Field, Choice Band, Float Stone, VS Seeker, Rescue Stretcher and Special Charge (in case of Wailord-EX who will force you to go through 8 DCE).

Regarding Wailord-EX, what's the strategy here? Choice Band Quaking Punch and hope they don't have Acerola then swoop in with a big enough Riotous Beating? That's really the only strategy I can think of. I am not sure of it's potential popularity at Portland. I have been hearing talk of using Rough Seas over Tropical Beach in favor of Steven's Decision.

A hot tech in my local scene is Iris. What's the take on the viability of this slot? Can it really sway the game for you that hard later on?

Thanks in advance for any advice, tips and suggestions you may have. As changes are made, I will be updating the list in this original post and will try my best to reply to your comments as soon as possible.

Last edited:

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Following are a few thoughts for your considerations:

Alolan Muk will be only be useful in certain match-ups; so, it may have very limited effectiveness. I would think key Abilities to be played will be Deluge (Blastoise), Forest's Curse (Trevenant), Smooth Over (Magcargo), etc. vs. Basic Pokémon Abilities like Setup (Shaymin EX), Wonder Tag (Tapu Lele GX), etc. So, countering the Stage Pokémon Abilities might be more important, IMO. Lastly, Alolan Muk would intefere with your play of your own Shaymin EX and Tapu Lele GX. So, is it worth dedicating those 3 card slots?

Further, your Alolan Muk, when in play, also counters your Sudoowoodo' s Road Block.

Would not your deck would benefit from Weakness Policy since Buzzwole (and other F Pokémon) should be well represented at that tournament?

Given the extra supplemental car-draw power you have, why not utilize opponent's hand disruption with cards like Delinquent and/or Judge?

Given the above comments, I'd suggest:

-1 Sudowoodo
-2 Alolan Grimer
-1 Alolan Muk

+4 Delinquent / Judge / Timer Ball

I hope you find my comments helpful.