BW/BW2 Zomg dudez it's a Black Nuzlocke (Delayed until further notice, see latest post for details)

Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
I decided to try another Nuzlocke...but I'm not doing Sapphire again. That was painful. Oh, the Daycare...

Rules:

No legendaries. Legendaries are broken and therefore make for an easy game. The ONLY exception would be at the end of the game where you catch Reshiram/Zekrom to defeat Ghetsis...I believe you're forced to use it.

Fainted Pokemon can never be used. Ever.

You may only catch the first Pokemon you see in an area. Found a shiny Timburr with guts? Too bad.

Chapter 1:

I picked Tepig. Yeah, haters, Tepig. Tepig is the BEST starter. Snivy gets hit by everything for weakness and Samurott is useless early game. I don't care that I've never picked him. I made it all the way to the Pogeymanz semi finals in Sapphire, so I'm PRETTY SURE I know what I'm doing. Don't listen to Smogon, he could easily be OU in competitive play.

I beat Cheren easily, but had trouble on Bianca. Due to the CPU's terrible strategy choices, I barely won. Those two battles are the best in the entire game.

When I had the opportunity to nickname Tepig, I wondered what my theme would be. I decided to go with Pokebeach names, but make them with puns about the Pokemon. So Tepig became Tepigel after [member]Nigel.[/member]

I headed on, found a Lillipup...decided to name it LilliPMJ. Last time Electrode was named after [member]PMJ[/member] and he was PRO, so the acronym is blessed...except when Muks ooze all over it. But there's no Muks in this game, so I'm PRETTY SURE I'm gonna own.

I had to rematch Cheren and Bianca again, but they were pretty underlevelled compared to my Pokemon so I swept with LilliPMJ and Tepigel. There's really not much to say at this point of the game.

In Striation, I defeated N with somewhat ease, spamming the usual Tackle.

I went through the Dreamyard in the city I forgot the name of, (Which reminded me of Nugget Bridge in Red/Blue) and claimed my Pansage. He looks like he has a little afro on his head so I named him Afro-S.

Grinding was boring so I decided to run straight into the Gym. Bad idea. I levelled up to 12, but the Lillipup was annoying. After spamming Potions, I finally finished it off with Ember, then Vine Whipped dat Panpour. Sorry, but there's only room for one nooby afro monkey in this town.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/Pokesme12/lol.png

Chapter 2:

After my win, I ran over to the dream yard and whooped those Team Plasma grunts so hard. But I won't diss them for being scubs cuz their music is awesome. After a long series of button mashing, I picked up this thing with squares on it and went on to the next route.

I was probably just the right level for these trainers, as I was able to beat them all with ease while still getting a decent amount of EXP. Then Chinhair decided to challenge me again. Afro-S whipped his Oshawott to a pulp, and his other Pokemon was so underleveled that I could just spam Tepigel's Ember.

Oh no! Some little girl's having a tantrum over some lame Patrat! I beat 4 more Plasma Grunts in that one cave, then I went to see who the Pokemon would be for this area...Woobat. I caught it and named it WooBippa. I then tried to catch a Pokemon for the current route, and that ended up being a Pidove I critted. Onto the other part of the route with truck loads of trainers! At least I could grind for the second gym.

Speaking of the second gym, I remember in my original run I caught a Timburr in the Pinwheel forest entrance so I decided to try my luck...TIMBURR! I caught it and named it Purrassion after [member]~Passion~[/member]. I also battled the nurse lady, but she critted my Afro-S. First one to die :\ I spent a looong time grinding to level 20 off of the trainers here and in the gym...but I finally did it. Tepigel and LilliPMJ evolved as well, making my life so much easier. This was a good call, because I as totally prepared for the gym leader.

Her first Pokemon was a Herdier. I entered with Tepigel and used Arm Thrust like three times and beat it. However, Intimidate and Leer happened, so he was physically too weak to beat her Watchog. I switched to Purrassion and used Wake-Up Slap twice for game!

Picture coming soon.

evolving: http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/Pokesme12/rofl.png

Lenora: http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/Pokesme12/xd.png

Chapter 3:

Sigh, time to whoop Team Plasma now...I took it as a moment to grind like mad. I was already hitting everything for easy KOs, however. I felt like 3 Pokemon wasn't enough for this area if I'm already overlevelled. After all of that, I went through the best part of the game, Skyarrow Bridge. It just looks so awesome...I spent hours exploring the next city, and grinded on the trainers (Evolving Purrassion while I was at it). Turns out I'm already over the gym leader's levels, so I decided this would be the time to get a new Pokemon. I looked up the possible Pokemon I could get from the next route: Sandile, Scraggy, and Darumaka. I could use anything BUT Darumaka. Scraggy and Sandile are nice because they hit STAB Dark, and Sandile is even more boss for the 4th gym. I landed the odds, a Scraggy! I caught it with ease, gave it an EXP share, and headed onto the gym. Oh, and I also named him Scrammy, based on [member]Spammy.[/member]

I forgot about the Plasma scene! I had to trash some grunts after running around, some key plot points happened involving Plasma, mostly junk I don't care about. I've already played through the game once...NOW the gym was unlocked. I wrecked everyone with double weakness + STAB Fire Charge or whatever Pignite uses and talked to Burgh.

I believe he lead off with Whirlipede, which was quite annoying. He used Super Potions to buy time, but eventually I got it. I then had to battle his Dwebble, which was quite hard to hit for weakness...Unless you can throw rocks! Finally, his trump card, Leavanny. This was probably the easiest Pokemon to beat, because I had a fire Pogeyman. Yayz, easy badge is easy!

Bianca is like the noobiest trainer in the world, so that battle was easy. Scraggy Faint Attacked Munna, Tepigel hitted the Serperior for weakness and STAB, and LilliPMJ handled the rest. Cheren was a bit more difficult, but not by far. I knew he would start of with Pidove, so I put Herdier in front just in case. Then I just swept without a problem.

I equipped some of the items I recently picked up. I gave Tepigel Eviolite, Purrassion Quick Claw, and LilliPMJ a Scope Lens. Looking at my team, I realized I had a problem--3 Pokemon are weak to Flying! I would have a lot of trouble with Emolga. I went onto the Dessert Ruins and caught a Sigilyph named Sigiblade, and almost wanted to cry. He's not bad, but in that gym...no. However, I managed to pick up a Yamask named Yameaty, and a Sandile named Sandeus to make up for it. With Sandeus, I would triumph over the gym!

At Nimbasa, I grinded on the two routes next to it and obtained Trope the Trubbish and Gothyle the Gothita. Kinda meh, but I'll take it. Onto the N battle!

This was actually a pretty tough battle. Sigilyph is like the answer to beating my team, but I had LilliPMJ, which landed off a nice Crunch. He did significant damage, but I pulled through without breaking a sweat.

I grinded a bit more on some trainers, encountering some dude with a Sigilyph. I sent out LilliPMJ and used Crunch after taking a Psybeam. I took a decent amount of damage, but if I switched out, I might've lost something. So I attempted to Crunch for game, hoping that no Critical would happen.

Air Cutter, Crit.

The sharp wind sliced LilliPMJ's skin to shreds. He lay on the ground, tattered. Dead. Scrammy luckily avenged him.

Without a key component to the team, could Team Tea still win? Stay tuned...

The gym: http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/Pokesme12/firething.png
Frands: http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/Pokesme12/newfrands.png
Death: http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/Pokesme12/cring.png

Chapter 4:

I decided now would be a good time to revive my fossil. I went AAAALLL the way back to Nacrene City and let my Tirtouga sit in my party with an EXP Share. His name's Tealtouga. I'm not exactly sure if this was a good play or not...I only like to have defensive Pokemon on my team for Nuzlockes, so yeah...Plus, I'm a Pokemon League semi finalist, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing.

I evolved Purrassion and Sandeus...I felt like I've prepared enough. I walked into the gym. Elesa was just no match for Sandeus. He single-handedly swept her whole team. What a boss.

Next up, gym 5...Goodbye Nimbasa! I'll miss your Ferris wheel! Well, first, I have to get through Chairhen. I tried not to use Sandeus, or else I would win too easily...I still won without too much of a scratch, though I found it somewhat challenging. After that, I met the Champion. Pretty cool guy. He told us to battle preschoolers though. Seems kind of weird, but OK, thanks for the EXP.

Some young lad on the Driftveil bridge said that I could find a wild Pokemon under the shadows of birds every now and then. I decided to try it out. I encountered Ducking the Ducklett! Well, doesn't this seem like an autowin to gym 5!

But first, the cold storage. Once again, I took this as a grinding opportunity. All the trainers were extremely easy except for the Asthma members. Some of their Pokemon actually packed a punch, but I pulled through. After that, I found another Timburr. Goodie. I caught it...not sure if that's legal in a Nuzlocke but just in case Purrassion dies, I have her son! I named him...Yolkburr.

I grinded everyone good for the gym but Scrammy. I decided to work for the extra level. Big mistake. I didn't know Deerling could learn Jump Kick...so yeah, that was the end of Scrammy. Getting Jump Kicked by a Deerling. Yup.

/me facepalms

Anyway, that scared me out of grinding. I already lost two good Pokemon while grinding, LilliPMJ and Scrammy! I decided to just head straight into the gym.

So Clay just gave away our hostages. I have no idea what just happened even. He was just like "You look creepy, Ghetsis, I don't mess with people who have an eyepiece that looks like a Scouter. Here are your hostages that my slaves worked their butts off for, not that important cuz I just sat there drinking a root beer while they worked for zero an hour."

Let's go! I lead with Purrassion, and OHKO'd Krokorok, but took a Swagger to the face. Now would be the time to switch! I switched into Ducking. He sent out Palipitoad and started off a really interesting fight. We both had Aqua Ring, but I had resistance to Water...we both did the same amount of damage each turn. The only difference was that I had Roost on my side to do more epic stalling. We went back and forth so much than he ran out of Muddy Waters and had to resort to Bubble Beam. By then I had already KO'd. I went back to Purrassion for Excadrill. I was a little scared because of speed, but other than that I thought I had it. I HAXXED. Quick Claw activated, Wake Up Slap...almost a KO. He used Hone Claws. Crap, a crit could be really powerful. I still think I had a good chance. Quick Claw activated, Chip Away, GG!

Purrassion is just broke, even with Sheer Force.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/Pokesme12/elesa-1.png
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/Pokesme12/son-1.png
http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt322/Pokesme12/quickclawpwn.png

RE: Zomg dudez it's a Black Nuzlocke

Coolie. I'll be watching this thread. You need to name a Pokemon after me. :p
DARUFINITY

your artwork is beautiful and radiates with attractiveness. :0

Matryoshka said:
The ONLY exception would be at the end of the game where you catch Reshiram/Zekrom to defeat Ghetsis...I believe you're forced to use it.

Actually, using Reshiram/Zekrom is optional. Before the battle with N, you can choose whether or not you want it in your party. However, unless you have a very powerful Pokemon at a high level that can super-effect Dragons (ex. Beartic, Haxorus, Scrafty w/Dragon Claw) , Reshiram is advisable. But anyway, good luck on the Nuzlocke.

Infinity said:
Coolie. I'll be watching this thread. You need to name a Pokemon after me. :p
DARUFINITY

Because we all need another Fire/Fighting type :p

ComfortEagle said:
your artwork is beautiful and radiates with attractiveness. :0

Thanks, I practice every day. :]

Dialkia198 said:
Actually, using Reshiram/Zekrom is optional. Before the battle with N, you can choose whether or not you want it in your party. However, unless you have a very powerful Pokemon at a high level that can super-effect Dragons (ex. Beartic, Haxorus, Scrafty w/Dragon Claw) , Reshiram is advisable. But anyway, good luck on the Nuzlocke.

Oh OK. I might make an exception for that then. Maybe one legendary only, so I can choose not to use Zekrom but I can use Terrakion or something like that instead.

Update with the next gym!

About Reshiram and Zekrom, you aren't forced to use them if I recall correctly. The game gives you the option to box them.

Looking good so far Mr. Tea. :] You should name me after something. :p

I beat 4 more Plasma Grunts in that one cave, then I went to see who the Pokemon would be for this area...Woobat. I caught it and named it WooBippa.

Unfortunately, I forgot to mention that you died XP But you were soooo broke in the last one so this kind of makes up for it lol. Also forgot to mention I also got a Patrat named JoeyPatrat, he died too.

That second pic...is truly stunning...
...I still feel honored that I get I be a Pokemon ;]

Thanks :] You're literally the best Pokemon on the team...except for the fact that you have the bad ability. Doesn't matter though, still good.

Updaaaate!

Wait, I'm confused. If you caught Scrammy on Route 4, Sigiblade in Desert Resort, and Yameaty in the Relic Castle, where did you find Sandeus?

Wow, 3 gyms already? You're on a roll. Now let's see you wipe to Elesa.

But dang, so many deaths. R.I.P. LilliPMJ

And in all honesty, good luck with the electric types. It took Ice Fang and lots of revives to beat that gym in my Scramble Run, and you have neither. But, with some good ol' fashioned grinding, you will undoubtedly triumph.

Boddy903 said:
Wait, I'm confused. If you caught Scrammy on Route 4, Sigiblade in Desert Resort, and Yameaty in the Relic Castle, where did you find Sandeus?

Other relic castle floor. I count each area map as a new area, not the names.

@Dialkia: Yeah, working on it. I won't grind for hours just cuz that takes away the fun of it, but I mean if I'm not over levelled I'm screwed for this gym.

The ONLY exception would be at the end of the game where you catch Reshiram/Zekrom to defeat Ghetsis...I believe you're forced to use it.

Actually, you have the option to transfer it to your PC. Personally, I transfered him.

Update :]

OK guys, unfortunately I'm going to have to delay this. Bippa is hosting a Nuzlocke contest of which I am a part of, so I won't have time to be doing this. If you're still fixin' for Nuzlocke action by yours truly, check out the thread that will be up shortly! (And root for me ;])

Back