TCG Fakes Zero's Text Based Fakes

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Zero Umbreon's Text Fakes Thread!

I will be posting fakes once in a while, starting with...

Umbreon! (Obviously.)

Umbreon/Dark/120 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Eevee

[Ability] Moonlight Restoration
Once per turn (before your attack) you may heal 10 damage from this Pokémon for each of your [D] Pokémon in play.

[D][D][C] Lunar Cannon 50
This attack does 10 damage to one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon for each card in his or her hand.
Weakness: [F] x2
Resistance: [P] -20
Retreat Cost: [C]

I will also be taking requests!

Last edited:

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Anime Psyclone's Jirachi GX request!

Jirachi GX/Psychic/180 HP

[Ability] Stardust Barrier
Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by your opponent's [D] type Pokémon.

[P][P] Celestial Storm 50
Reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a [P] energy card, this attack does 80 damage to one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

[P][P][P][P] Starfire GX 80
This attack does 30 damage to all of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. Your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Burned. (You can't use more than one GX Attack in a game.)

Weakness: [P]
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

Hope you like it!

And some Trainers.

Leftovers/Trainer/Item/Tool
Once per turn, (before your attack) you may heal 20 damage from the Pokémon this card is attached to.

Whirl Islands/Trainer/Supporter
Once per either player's turn, that player may search their deck for a [W] type Pokémon and add it to their hand. If they do, flip a coin. If tails, shuffle this card into your deck.

Ghost Ball/Trainer/Item
Search your discard pile for a Pokémon and add it to your hand. Then, you may search your deck for a Pokémon and discard it.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Decided to make a Gengar GX.

Gengar GX/Psychic/210 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Haunter

[Ability] From the Shadows
If your active Pokémon is knocked out, if this card is in your hand, you may play it as your new active Pokémon. If you do, at the end of your turn, return this card to your hand.

[P][P] Poison Trick 20
Your opponent's active Pokémon is now Poisoned. If that Pokémon would retreat during your opponent's next turn, place 4 damage counters on that Pokémon .

[P][P][C] Ghost Call 50
You may put a Basic [P] type Pokémon (excluding EX's and GX's) from your discard pile onto your bench. If you do, this attack does damage equal to that Pokémon's HP to one of your opponent's Pokémon (do not apply weakness and resistance for benched Pokémon).

[P][P][P][P] Echoes of the Past GX
For each Pokémon in play, shuffle a Supporter card or a Pokémon card from your discard pile into your deck. (You can only use one GX attack per game)
Weakness: [D] x2
Resistance: [C] -20
Retreat: [C][C]
Not sure about the wording on Echoes of the Past GX. And I know that TCG ghost cards don't have Resistance to Normal, but I liked the idea.
EDIT: Echoes of the Past GX wording fixed, thanks to @The Last Shaymin!

Last edited:

The Last Shaymin

Floof
[P][P][P][P] Echoes of the Past GX
For each Pokemon in play, shuffle a Supporter or a Pokemon card from your discard pile into your deck. (You may only use one GX attack per game)

I think this should be the proper wording. Not so sure, however.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Time for a totally random Cryogonal!

Cryogonal/Water/100 HP
Basic Pokemon

[W] Ice Chain 20
The Defending Pokémon cannot retreat during your opponent's next turn.

[W][W] Chill Wave 40
If you used Ice Chain during your last turn, this attack does 20 damage to all of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [M] x2
Resistance:

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
I wanted to create a new game mechanic, so here it is. Pokémon Unity. These are Pokémon that have a special "Unity Rule" that will signify them out for other Pokémon Unity's effects. These first few have Unity of the Blademaster. Also, they don't count as regular Pokémon, (and they evolve from Unity Pokémon if they evolve) so you can have 4 Bisharp Unity and 4 Bisharp in your deck if you want.

Pawniard Unity/Dark/50 HP
Basic Pokémon - Unity of the Blademaster

[D][C] Call The Army
Search your deck for a Pokémon Unity with Unity of the Blademaster and add it to your hand.

Resistance:

Bisharp Unity/Dark/120 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Pawniard Unity - Unity of the Blademaster

[Ability] Gathering Forces
This Pokémon's attacks do 10 more damage for every Pokémon Unity with Unity of the Blademaster on your Bench

[D][D][D] Midnight Cutter 50
You may switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon Unity with Unity of the Blademaster.

Scyther Unity/Grass/100 HP
Basic Pokémon - Unity of the Blademaster

[Ability] Blade Training
Once per turn, (before your attack) you may discard an energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, choose one of your Pokémon (excluding Pokémon Unity). That Pokémon becomes a Pokémon Unity with Unity of the Blademaster until the end of your turn.

[G] Quick Cut 40
If you do not have a Pokémon Unity with Unity of the Blademaster on your Bench, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance:

Not sure if I'll continue with these, but I might.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Here's some randomly generated Pokémon:

Cleffa/Fairy/40 HP
Basic Pokémon

[Ability] Tiny Power
The attacks of your Pokémon with 60 or less total HP do 10 more damage.

[C] Star Smack 20
If the Defending Pokémon is a [D] or [N] type, this attack does 10 more damage.

Weakness: [M]
Resistance:

Hoopa (Confined)/Psychic/110 HP
Basic Pokémon

[P] Chaotic Ring 80
If the Defending Pokémon's total HP ends with 20, 40, 60, 80, or 00, this attack does nothing.

[P][C] Hyperspace Distortion 20
This attack does 10 damage to one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon times the number of damage counters on that Pokémon. (Don't apply weakness or resistance for benched Pokémon.)

Resistance:

Slowking GX/Psychic/200 HP

[Ability] Mental Distortion
Once per turn, (before your attack) you may move all damage counters from your active Pokémon to this Pokémon. If this Pokémon would be knocked out by this effect, draw 2 cards.

[P][P][P][C] Telekinetic Punch
Place 6 damage counters on one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. If that Pokémon has a [F] weakness, place 4 more damage counters on that Pokémon.

[P][P][P][P] Brainstorm GX
Search your discard pile for up to 6 cards and add them to your hand. Then, discard that many cards from the top of your deck.
Resistance:

These were fun - I'll probably do more randomly generated Pokémon.

I think I'm going to start my first fake set soon!
Drumroll please...

Brightest Origins!

The set will be based around Kanto, and I have no idea how many cards will be in it. I hope to start it as soon as possible.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Wow. One week later, and I still haven't posted the first cards. Well, here they are!
Bulbasaur/Grass/60 HP
Basic Pokémon

[Ability] Delayed Bloom
Once per turn, (before your attack) you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, at the end of your opponent's next turn, you may search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokémon and put it into your hand.

[G] Petal Bomb
This attack does 10 damage to all Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent's) except Bulbasaur.

Resistance:

Ivysaur/Grass/80 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Bulbasaur

[Ability] Poison Ivy
If this Pokémon is damaged by an attack, the attacking Pokémon becomes Poisoned.

[G][G] Vine Tangle 40
The defending Pokémon cannot retreat during the next turn.

Resistance:

Venusaur GX/Grass/250 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Ivysaur

[Ability] Poison Roots
Whenever your opponent's active Pokémon is damaged by Poison, heal that much damage from this Pokémon.

[G][G] Poison Storm
Your opponent's active Pokémon is now Poisoned. If your opponent's active Pokémon is already Poisoned, that condition does 30 more damage between turns. This effect can be applied more than once.

[G][G][G] Hostile Forest GX
Your opponent's active Pokémon is now Poisoned. If your opponent's active Pokémon is already Poisoned, that condition does 200 more damage between turns. (You can only use one GX attack in a game.)

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

Also, though I will still be working on this set, I will still be taking requests and posting random cards.

The Charmander line!

Charmander/Fire/60 HP
Basic Pokémon

[R][C] Burn Off 10+
If the defending Pokémon has a Pokémon Tool card attached to it, this attack does 30 more damage. Then, discard that Tool card.

Weakness: [W] x2
Resistance:

Charmeleon/Fire/90 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Charmander

[Ability] Smokescreen
If this Pokémon has any [R] Energy attached to it, prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks to you or your hand.

[R][C] Re-heat 60
If the defending Pokémon was not damaged by a [R] type Pokémon's attack during the last turn, this attack does nothing.

Resistance:

Charizard GX/Fire/230
Stage 2 - Evolves from Charmeleon

[R][R] Fuel the Fire
Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a [R] Energy and attach it to this Pokémon. If tails, during your next turn, this Pokémon's Magma Tempest does 50 more damage. If the opponent's active Pokémon is a [G] type, you may flip the coin again once per turn.

[R][R][R] Magma Tempest 180
This Pokémon cannot use this attack during your next turn.

[R][R][R][R][R] Worldfire GX
This attack does 100 damage to all Pokémon in play (except Charizard GX). If any Pokémon are knocked out by this attack, neither player draws any prize cards. (You can only use one GX attack in a game.)

Resistance:

Do you think Worldfire GX is overpowered?

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Obviously, since Venusaur and Charizard GX are in my set, Blastoise GX will be too.

Squirtle/Water/60
Basic Pokémon

[C] Shell Up
If this Pokémon does not have a Tool card attached to it, search your deck for an Tool card and attach it to this Pokémon.
[W][W] Wave Smack
Your opponent switches their active Pokémon with one of their Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:

Wartortle/Water/100
Stage 1 - Evolves from Squirtle

[Ability] Shell Lock
If this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, neither players active Pokémon can retreat.

[W][C] Cloudburst 50+
If this Pokémon was damaged by an Ability during your opponent's last turn, this attack does 30 more damage.

Resistance:

Blastoise GX/Water/240
Stage 2 - Evolves from Wartortle

[Ability] Shell Reverse
If this Pokémon is knocked out by damage from an attack, the attacking Pokémon takes damage equal to the amount of damage it dealt to Blastoise GX.

[W][W][W][W] Shellshock 200
Flip a coin. If tails, discard 3 Energy attached to this Pokémon.

[W][W] Grand Cannon GX
Your opponent's active Pokémon is Knocked Out. (You can only use one GX attack in a game.)

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

I'm not sure about the wording on Shell Reverse. (I'm almost sure it's wrong.)

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Some of the Psychic Types

Ekans/Psychic/70 HP
Basic Pokémon

[C] Coil Up
Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all damage dealt to this Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

[P] Lunge
If you used Coil Up during your last turn, this attack does 50 damage.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:

Arbok GX/Psychic/200 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Ekans

[Ability] Terrifying Eyes
If this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, your opponent's Basic Pokémon can't attack.

[P] Swift Serpent Strike 90
This attack does 30 damage to all of your opponent's Pokémon with a [C][C][C] or more retreat cost.

[P][P] Apocalypse Fang GX
Each player flips a coin for each of their Benched Pokémon in play. Then, each player discards a Benched Pokémon for each tails. (You can only use one GX attack in a game.)

Resistance:

Drowzee/Psychic/60 HP
Basic Pokémon

[P][C] Hypnotic Spiral
Search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokémon and put it onto this Pokémon. (This counts as evolving this Pokémon.)

Resistance:

Hypno/Psychic/100 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Drowzee

[Ability] Bewitching Pendulum
While this Pokémon is your active Pokémon, this Pokémon gains the Ability of the opponent's active Pokémon. (In addition to this one.)

[P][P][P] Midnight Mayhem 100
If the only Pokémon you have in play are [P] or [D] types, look at your Prize Cards, add one to your hand, then add a [P] energy attached to this Pokémon to your Prize Cards. If you have one Prize Card left, this attack does nothing.

Resistance:

Some more Psychic types to come soon! (Hopefully :rolleyes:)

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Some more Psychic Types! These really mess with your opponent!

Grimer/Psychic/60
Basic Pokémon

[C] Sludge Slide
The defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. Switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Muk/Psychic/130
Stage 1 - Evolves from Grimer

[Ability] Toxic Wasteland
When a Poisoned Pokémon retreats or is moved to the Bench, do not remove that Special Condition from that Pokémon.

[P][P][P] Corroding Acid 50
The defending Pokémon is now Poisoned. If it is a [M] type, this attack does 20 more damage.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

Mr. Mime/Psychic/100
Basic Pokémon

[Ability] Clear Reflection
When a Special Condition is placed on this Pokémon, flip a coin. If heads, place that special condition on your opponent's Active Pokémon. (This Pokémon is still affected by that Special Condition.)

[C] Impersonate
This attack becomes the same as the last attack the defending Pokémon used until this Pokémon leaves the field. (Excluding GX attacks)

Resistance:

Vileplume ♢/Psychic/160
Basic Pokémon

[Ability] Disastrous Jungle
Your [G] type Pokémon deal 20 more damage and take 10 less damage from attacks.

[P][G][C] Cruel Blossom 50
Your opponent's active Pokémon is now Poisoned, Confused, and Burned. Discard all energy from this Pokémon.

Resistance:

Only a few Psychic types left... Maybe I set my sights too high for my first set... :p

Last edited:

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
The final Psychic types... finally.

Abra/Psychic/40 HP
Basic Pokémon

[P] Vanish
Shuffle this card into your Prize Cards. Then, draw a Prize Card.

Resistance:

Kadabra/Psychic/90 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Abra

[P][P] Card Trick
Search your deck for a card, shuffle your deck, then put that card on top of it.

Resistance:

Alakazam GX/Psychic/200 HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Kadabra

[Ability] Incantation
If this Pokémon is knocked out, both players discard their hand. Pokémon on the field cannot have their Abilities negated.

[P][P][P] Curse 100
Your opponent cannot attach any energy to the defending Pokémon during their next turn.

[P][P][P] Precise Mindstrike GX 200
Choose a Pokémon in play. Until the end of your next turn, that Pokémon has [P] weakness.

Resistance:

Mewtwo/Psychic/120 HP
Basic Pokémon

[P] Annihilate
Put damage counters on one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon equal to the number of damage counters on this Pokémon.

[P][C] Awaken
Put a Basic Pokémon from your discard pile onto your Bench. Until that Pokémon leaves the field, it has no Weakness and its attacks do 10 more damage. When it leaves the field, put it into the Lost Zone.

Resistance:

Mew GX/Psychic/140 HP
Basic Pokémon

[Ability] Ancestral Ties
Both players must play with their hands reveled. This Pokémon can use the attacks of any Pokémon in either player's hand. (It still must have the necessary energy for each attack.)

[P][P] Foresight
Put a Basic Pokémon from your discard pile on top of your deck.

[P][P] Mind Bond GX
Discard both active Pokémon. (You can only use one GX attack in a game.)

Resistance:

Yes!! Got them all finished! Next, I'll probably do the Fighting Types.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Looking good Zero! You can already see how your cards are improving in your recent exploration of new design spaces, such as in Mew-GX and Alakazam-GX, which is neat. If you're looking to make your text-based fakes even more reaisticl, you may like to look into making your capitalisation of certain words more consistent. For example, "Defending", "Active", "Pokemon", "Energy", "Knocked Out" and the like are all always capitalised. Additionally, when referring to any numerals (such as in "Choose one..."), the numeral should be written in numeric form instead of word form (i.e. "1" over "one"). You might find the "Common Wording Errors" Compilation helpful for this.

In regards to Prism Star syntax, most of us will just copy and paste this diamond symbol: ♢. Alternatively, you just type {prism@} (without the "@" symbol), and it will automatically convert into the diamond, like so: ♢. If both of those don't work for you, I'd recommend just using * or <*>.

Last edited:

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Thanks! That’s really helpful! I know I don’t always capitalize correctly :(, but I’m trying to improve! I hope that my fakes are getting slightly less OP.

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
Zero Umbreon's Text Fakes Thread!

I will be posting fakes once in a while, starting with...

Umbreon! (Obviously.)

Umbreon/Dark/120 HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Eevee

[Ability] Moonlight Restoration
Once per turn (before your attack) you may heal 10 damage from this Pokémon for each of your [D] Pokémon in play.

[D][D][C] Lunar Cannon 50
This attack does 10 damage to one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon for each card in his or her hand.
Retreat Cost: [C]

I will also be taking requests!
The ability should probably say "Once during your turn"