Zeraora-GX from SM7a Revealed!

• Shuckle - good in energy Accel decks. Latias have now a basis to Accel energy. Malamar have now a basis. There are so many possibilities. 5 Geodudes
  • Onix - Wait for Steelix
  • Electivire - do we have an energy Accel for L energy. 190-250 can be possible with Thunder Mountain and Electrical Plus Power, but I am worried for the spamming stuff. 3-4 Geodudes
  • White Kyurem - 160-190 for 2 types of energy can be suspicious. 3 Geodudes

Wow, shuckle and kyurem look like absolutely fantastic cards. Love how their mechanic design encourages creative deck building, and this on top of being cool (if a little strange) looking single prizers! Shuckle is stupid good for rayquaza, you could feasibly attach 7 energies in one turn with a wombo combo of 2 shuckle, 3 ray, and latias prism. The kyurem looks good enough to be a deck of its own, with focus on aqua patch and rainbow/counter energies to fulfill damage requirement

Shuckle sucks in Malamar, you should add it only if you like being at the bottomest of bottom tables.

I feel that Shuckle can see play in random grass based decks since they do not have any energy acceleration at the moment besides playing Venusaur. maybe grass torterra from Ultra Prism will finally see some league play? haha

Wow, that Shuckle is actually busted. Immediate basic energy discard for a variety of things like Malamar, Metagross (probably not a good idea but gonna mention it either-way), Alolan Exeguttor, maybe even Mt. Coronet to get the energies straight out of your deck, but my favorite personal use for this guy will probably be the new Rayquaza-GX coming out. Get energies in your discard pile, use Latias PS (or Zeraora-GX since it's coming in the same set as this one) to charge up multiple Rayquazas and murder. And on top of all that, it's an energy accelerator in itself. The same kind of attack that Lurantis-GX has, except it's basic and it's prize one. Just like Forbidden Light will do to Buzzwole, this Shuckle will do to Rayquaza, mark my words.

As for the other cards, White Kyurem's a pretty neat little tech for any deck using DCE. It's a water attacker that can destroy stadiums, not the worst thing I've ever seen. Electivire would get knocked out before it even has all the energies on it, and that Onix better evolve if you're gonna make me play something that does 120 flat for 4 colorless energy (Steelix-GX would be dope though).

Okay. Here is a farfetched idea. If you cant afford Battle Compressors, (even though they aren't that expensive lol) use Shuckle, then use Blacksmith, and put the energies you just discarded onto a Flareon EX (or any other energy ramp pokemon). There is my "How can this work with Flareon EX" for the day :D:D:D:D:D

Okay. Here is a farfetched idea. If you cant afford Battle Compressors, (even though they aren't that expensive lol) use Shuckle, then use Blacksmith, and put the energies you just discarded onto a Flareon EX (or any other energy ramp pokemon). There is my "How can this work with Flareon EX" for the day :D:D:D:D:D
Or you just play Kiawe

How Ironic: The Divine Dragon God and the Dumb Rock Turtle are now the BDIF.(rayquaza GX + shuckle)

Lurantis GX is the most underrated GX card in the format and i am one of those players that plays all kinda of variants with it, my favourite being Lurantis GX/Zoroark GX, Shuckle will be another option to accelerate energy to your Lurantis GX or Zoroark in desperate situations.

That Shuckle! First three decks that comes to mind, Rayquaza GX, Exeggutor (Forbidden Light) and Malamar.

That Onix artwork...lol. The really cool thing about this artwork is that is drawn by the same artist who did the Diglett and Dugtrio cards from Skyridge where their noses were pointed outwards. You can see this has returned with some of the Digletts in this Onix card. Who would've thought it would return 15 years later.

Onix will be interesting because Steelix is going to be one beefy Stage 1. My guess is that Steelix will have 210 HP to just keep it below Wailord levels.

How is it so bad?

It's dead weight if you start with it, it's dead weight if you prize it, and if you don't play it down turn one it gets a lot less useful as you start drawing through cards in your deck. Even in the best-case scenario, you discard 3 Energy... and then what? You're playing with a Bench of 4 for the rest of the game, congratulations. With Acerola requiring damage and Parallel City rotating, there is no way to get it off your field once it's down other than hope your opponent plays Sudowoodo.

Oricorio is better, it's sturdier and can actually attack if for some reason you had no other option. And I would still rather just play more Energy instead of using Oricorio. Don't use Shuckle.

Back