Zelda: Skyward Sword Delayed until 2012?

Inigo Montoya

Hatman/Imakuni?/Not Not-TDL
Before commenting here, watch this for details.

:smashcomp

Now, keep in mind this is only a rumor, but it still seems very possible. While Link in HD would be cool, I sorta want to play it now. As stated in the video, if the game is worth the wait, then I can take the wait, but if they delay it again, I'll be mad. Discuss!

I heard about this a long time ago. It makes sense for Nintendo to do so. It would also be a good release game for the Wii 2.

I'd rather they don't delay it... I'd like it by the end of this year, and it's not like Twilight Princess was improved for the Wii, it just got different (and arguably worse) controls. I personally liked the GameCube Twilight Princess better than the Wii one. I wouldn't be surprised if the "Wii 2" version was hardly better than the Wii version...

Delay this game? We've been waiting since E3 2006 or something! I think they should do like they did for Twilight Princess. A Wii version and a Wii 2 version.

This game was only announced a couple years ago...

I really wouldn't be surprised if they delayed this game. They've done it before, they can do it again. I don't think this is the right move though, but it may just be the boost the next console needs.

dmaster out.

^ I think that could be one factor. Maybe they want more attention on the 3D game and don't want SS to overshadow the remake.
Its a possibility.

....That's no good,this is about the only Zelda game I have anticipated...EVER...and now its delayed...:headbang

I doubt Nintendo will delay Skyward Sword. For one, the the release of the "Stream" is probably going to be sometime mid/late next year whereas the ETA for SS is October this year. Also, the controls for SS are designed specifically for the Wii Motion Plus, so why would they downgrade it for the Stream controllers, which are basically Wii Classic Controllers with touch screens?

I really hope Nintendo doesn't delay this, because there's no way I'll be buying the Wii 2, and I doubt Wii 2 games will work on the Wii. I've been looking forward to this since they announced it (whenever that was), so if they hold it back and make it on a different console... I will not be very happy.

I'm not really into the Zelda series that much, but really, Nintendo, WHY?!!? This game should be worth my hard earned money, because i'm thinking about getting it. If they make us wait this long, they should be using that time wisely.

Wii 2?!?! What the heck is a Wii 2....

They better not delay it like SSBB. And I sure hope they don't delay whatever new SS game they got coming.

Skyward Sword can't be delayed.
This was the end of the argument between me and Lime Raven about whether Twilight Princess or Windwaker was better - it combined some aspects of each, from what we could see.

This is going to be one really long wait. I've already had my fair share of Twilight Princess. The game was fantastic, but I've otherwise completed it.

If the fact about Skyward Sword taking place before OoT is true then I REALLY can't wait for it. I hope the plot amazes me once more.

I'd say SS is almost certainly coming in 2011.

For one, in January the game had almost been finished [Source]. Nearing five months later it can only be closer.

And then just recently, in reference to the rest of the Wii's life, Nintendo of UK mentioned that SS is coming this year, with more surprises down the road for the Wii [Source]. While nothing is set in stone, of course, this indicates that Nintendo has not expressed interest in releasing it for the Cafe and intend to keep it on Wii.

Cafe ain't comin' till 2012 anyhow; that's a long way off to delay a near-completed game when they could simply release it, then work on a new Zelda game for Cafe. Similar to what they did with Majora's Mask. They went ahead and released it at the end of the N64's life, instead of porting it to Gamecube, and then began work on Wind Waker.

AnimeUSA said:
I'm not really into the Zelda series that much, but really, Nintendo, WHY?!!? This game should be worth my hard earned money, because i'm thinking about getting it. If they make us wait this long, they should be using that time wisely.

Wii 2?!?! What the heck is a Wii 2....

They better not delay it like SSBB. And I sure hope they don't delay whatever new SS game they got coming.

i also am not that interested in the zelda games but this one looked worth while
i hope SS isnt delayed but if it is i hope they make the game better in that time

yeah, i havnt heard of a wii 2
whats the difference between it and the normal wii?

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=95781

In a word? Better.

I wouldn't mind seeing SS ported to both systems tbh. I'm interested in what the Wii 2 would have to offer.

dmaster out.

Back