• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Zekrom [HGSS-on} UPDATED

#1weavile

I'm still alive =)
Pokemon: 14
4 Zekrom
2 Pachirisu CL
2 Shaymin UL
3-2 Yanmega Prime

Energy: 12
10 electric
2 rescue

Trainers: 34
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon communication
4 Professor Juniper
4 dual ball
3 junk arm
3 energy search
3 super scoop up
3 energy retrieval
2 revive
2 switch
2 seeker
1 flower shop lady

STRATEGY:

Start with either Zekrom or Yanma. If you start with Yanma, search out Zekrom and retreat for free. Use all of the resources to search out 3 energy, 1 pachi and 1 shaymin. Then attach 1 energy to zekrom, bench pachi, use his power to attach 2 electric energy to him, and finally use shaymin to switch the energy over.

Yanmega Prime for countering donphan Prime. I originally had a 3-3 yanmega prime line but I would never use 3 yanmega ever against donphan. However, the third yanma is beneficial to good starts.

RE: Zekrom [HGSS-on}

You will need to put your deck strat in your post, as soon as a mod see's this thread they will ask you to do the same...I am guessing you obviously are going for first turn 120dmg? with lanturn as backup attacker?

-1 Pokemon Collector
-1 pokemon communication
-1 Judge
-1 SSU

Add another
1-1 line of lanturn prime
And add in 2x DCE (for lanturn prime)

Please do not mini-mod. Thanks! ~Gliscor

Don't drop a collector; 4 is a requirement, especially running only 3/2/2 zek/pachi/shaymin. Going to 2-2 Lanturn for Donphan is also a good idea. Personally I would drop the Cleffas and the Twins (you should be taking first prize with this deck _all the time_) and run 4/4/4 with a 2-2 Lanturn line.

^ agreed you want to make sure that you can start swing turn one. Its really hard to KO Zekrom and Reishra. And personally I would add in more energy and more interviewers question I dont know what you should take out

Interviewers are a mistake in this deck; you want to chew through with Junipers or collect for your pokemon, not drop an IQ. Energy Searches to thin your deck and Energy Retrievals to get stuff back are a good idea; you'll probably want 1-2 Flower Shop Ladies to reset as well, if you lose too much energy. 8L, 4 Search, 2-3 Retrieval, and 4 Rescues is a good energy base to help ensure an early setup.

This is similar to a deck I'm building, only I've put in Magnezone Prime for draw, instead of Lanturn.

Cleffa's an interesting choice. You could use Dunsparce, Manaphy or Jynx, too. Stantler will also work to help out a single basic start.

-2 Revive
-2 IQ
-1 Communication

+2 Flower Shop Lady
+3 Energy Search

You need to do at least a 2-2 line a lanturn reason why is because we lose azelf and if run into donphan and your prime is prized you might as well scoop. You could in in Rotom-Alph4 Combo

cole said:
You will need to put your deck strat in your post, as soon as a mod see's this thread they will ask you to do the same...I am guessing you obviously are going for first turn 120dmg? with lanturn as backup attacker?

-1 Pokemon Collector
-1 pokemon communication
-1 Judge
-1 SSU

Add another
1-1 line of lanturn prime
And add in 2x DCE (for lanturn prime)

I'm not so sure if I want lanturn anymore because it was made to counter donphan, but then donphan OHKO's it with 1 energy. Not worth it IMO. Do you think I should still take out the other cards? Thanks

Kittymew said:
Don't drop a collector; 4 is a requirement, especially running only 3/2/2 zek/pachi/shaymin. Going to 2-2 Lanturn for Donphan is also a good idea. Personally I would drop the Cleffas and the Twins (you should be taking first prize with this deck _all the time_) and run 4/4/4 with a 2-2 Lanturn line.

I was thinking about all the search supporters I have, and cleffa kind of looked appealing. Smeargle would have just made me search way to many times. Read the above quote for the lanturn. 4/4/4 is a bit extreme don't you think? I have seeker and super scoop up to reuse the pachi and shaymin. I will think about the twins. If I no longer run a starter, then twins will definitely be out. Thanks

Tiftonhotchild said:
^ agreed you want to make sure that you can start swing turn one. Its really hard to KO Zekrom and Reishra. And personally I would add in more energy and more interviewers question I don't know what you should take out

I'm leaning toward adding more energy. I'm also thinking about taking out interviewers. Thanks

Kittymew said:
Interviewers are a mistake in this deck; you want to chew through with Junipers or collect for your pokemon, not drop an IQ. Energy Searches to thin your deck and Energy Retrievals to get stuff back are a good idea; you'll probably want 1-2 Flower Shop Ladies to reset as well, if you lose too much energy. 8L, 4 Search, 2-3 Retrieval, and 4 Rescues is a good energy base to help ensure an early setup.

Makes sense, I will take out both of the interviewers. I will add energy searches and flower shop ladies, just not sure how much. I don't want my starting hand to be filled with recovery cards. I'm trying to make this HGSS-on so no rescues. and the 4 search, is that energy search? How does 2 retrieval, 3 energy search and 1 flower shop lady sound? I might also add vs seekers. Thanks

pokedad37 said:
This is similar to a deck I'm building, only I've put in Magnezone Prime for draw, instead of Lanturn.

Cleffa's an interesting choice. You could use Dunsparce, Manaphy or Jynx, too. Stantler will also work to help out a single basic start.

-2 Revive
-2 IQ
-1 Communication

+2 Flower Shop Lady
+3 Energy Search

I'm not sure if magnezone would help my deck so much. but I haven't tested anything yet so :p

I will remove the IQ, not sure about revive and maybe the communication. Thanks

Tiftonhotchild said:
You need to do at least a 2-2 line a lanturn reason why is because we lose azelf and if run into donphan and your prime is prized you might as well scoop. You could in in Rotom-Alph4 Combo

That is true, if I end up running lanturn I will make sure to run 2-2 thanks.

Yanmega is definitely an option as a Donphan counter, though it's a 3hko both ways, and evening out hands is a big part of making it work, requiring a lot of trainer support. I'm not so sure this is where it belongs...

Dr. Mason said:
Another good Donphan counter is Yanmega Prime.

Kittymew said:
Yanmega is definitely an option as a Donphan counter, though it's a 3hko both ways, and evening out hands is a big part of making it work, requiring a lot of trainer support. I'm not so sure this is where it belongs...

Yanmega would be a nice addition. I do already play 4 judges for disruption, so yanmega would fit nicely. I already have 2 spaces. See anything else to take out for a 2-2 line?

I'd still be scared playing this with only 2 and 2 Shaymin/Pachi, as it's a supporter drop to bring them back if they get KOed. A savvy Blastgatr player will snipe your Shaymins and potentially only have to KO one or two zekroms, which could make the match winnable as Feraligatr can really mess you up.

Still, we all know this is a great deck, that only makes the matchup less in your favour. I like your build, overall, and will likely test something similar as cards start coming in or I get some apprentice buddies.

Kittymew said:
I'd still be scared playing this with only 2 and 2 Shaymin/Pachi, as it's a supporter drop to bring them back if they get KOed. A savvy Blastgatr player will snipe your Shaymins and potentially only have to KO one or two zekroms, which could make the match winnable as Feraligatr can really mess you up.

Still, we all know this is a great deck, that only makes the matchup less in your favour. I like your build, overall, and will likely test something similar as cards start coming in or I get some apprentice buddies.

That is true. What do you suggest I take out? I'll probably only add max 1 more of each though since I do have seekers and super scoop ups. Thanks

Back