• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Zekeels deck

Will groudon EX see a lot of play?

• No. Not at all.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • yes. definitely

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Random Numbers

creeper FTW!
Need help with this deck. Recently pulled a Groudon EX so I decided to put it in.

2 Zekrom
1 Zekrom EX
1 mewtwo EX
4-3 eelectrik
1 terrakion

5{L} energy
4 {F} energy
2 {C}{C} energy

2 pluspower
2 bianca
3 eviolite
2 random receiver
2 revive
4 juniper
3 PONT
2 level ball
3 N
4 switch
1 pokemon communiation
2 ultra ball
1 skyarrow
4 cheren
1 super rod
1 heavy ball

Any ideas?

RE: Zekeels HG/SS-on (Using Groudon EX)

Is this list deliberately bad because this list reflects what cards you have in your possession or are you unfamiliar with the basics of deck building?

I think your deck should resemble something more like this:

Pokemon (17)
4 Tynamo (DEX 45/NVI 38)
3 Eelektrik (NVI 40)
2 Zekrom (NXD 50)
1 Zekrom EX (NXD 51)
1 Groudon EX (DEX 54)
2 Mewtwo EX (NXD 54)
1 Tornadus EX (DEX 90)
1 Smeargle (COL )
1 Shaymin (HGSS )
1 Raikou EX (DEX )

Trainers, Supporters, Stadiums (31)
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Junk Arm
2 Random Receiver
1 Switch
2 Eviolite
2 Dual Ball / Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
1 Super Rod
1 Energy Search

4 Professor Juniper
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 N

2 Skyarrow Bridge

Energy (12)
9 Lightning Energy {L}
3 Fighting Energy {F}

Plus Power was removed because of space. Plus Power is so useful in a Mewtwo war because it only takes 2 DCE and a PP to KO an opposing Mewtwo. It also helps a bit with Tornadus' first attack, killing off Smeargles and stuff where you otherwise wouldn't get the KO. It's an overall decent card in general, but usability outside of those situations is limited.

I really don't have enough cards to make such a deck, but I will be able to Friday, at my pokemon league.
Update on the deck!

Definitely try and get the cards I recommended you put in. By the way, since it is a single Pokemon tech two energy search is definitely unnecessary, I would personally use the space for something else.

Another Update on the deck! I do have lightning energy. Lots of it!
I still only have 56 cards in the deck.:(

RE: ZekeelsHG/SS- on ( with Groudon EX)

Milky said:
Definitely try and get the cards I recommended you put in. By the way, since it is a single Pokemon tech two energy search is definitely unnecessary, I would personally use the space for something else.
Like what? How about 1 more skyarrow bridge and another PONT? I can easily get those Friday. What about those 4 cards I need to put in?

He gave you a 60 card deck that you can try to emulate with your cards once you get them.

I would strongly recommend that you try Terrakion instead of Groudon EX because you can respond better to Darkrai or an electric Pokemon knocking you out much better with an attachment from hand+Dynamotor. Groudon's first attack pales in comparison to Terrakion's first, so that's why I would recommend you replace it and try it out.

dmaster out.

Good idea. What about 2 terrakion? If one gets prized, and if I only have 1, I could be in major trouble. If so, what about 4 {F} energy?

2 Terrakion with 4 Fighting Energy is perfect. That's what I've been playing with the deck and I find it a nice balancing number.

I do agree with having two because of the prize issue. I suggest taking out a Tornadus EX and a Zekrom EX from Milky's list for another Terrakion and another Fighting simply because those cards benefit more from having DCE and you don't want those in the deck along with the Fighting Energies as that can really muck with your consistency.

dmaster out.

I approve of dmaster's posts. He has some good advice. So we've decided in Terrakion instead? Here's a list.

Pokemon (15)
4 Tynamo (DEX 45/NVI 38) (SOME people run 3-3. 4-3 is for consistency Eels. 4-4 for speed eels. 3-3 for space eels.)
3 Eelektrik (NVI 40)
2 Zekrom (NXD 50)
2 Mewtwo EX (NXD 54)
1 Smeargle (COL )
1 Shaymin (HGSS )
2 Terrakion (DEX )

Trainers, Supporters, Stadiums (32)
4 Pokemon Catcher (You can run 3, but in next format run 4.)
4 Junk Arm
2 Random Receiver (Some people run 3-4 if they have low supporter counts or crave for more consistency)
2 Switch (Some people run 3-4 because you can only manually retreat once p turn)
2 Eviolite
2 Dual Ball / Ultra Ball (Some people run 4 in speed eels.)
2 Level Ball (Some people run 4 in speed eels.)
1 Super Rod
1 Energy Search (More is just plain preference. 1 is a good start though.)

4 Professor Juniper
4 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 N

2 Skyarrow Bridge

Energy (13)
9 Lightning Energy
4 Fighting Energy

Once again, I'm having difficulty with space. Heavy decks like ZekEels and Vileplume are difficult to build correctly and less space really slows them down. The trainer line is spread out across a number of different trainers but still clocks in at a consistent 32. You might want to change some things like reduce catcher amount if you can't get four and add in more ultra ball or random receiver. I've marked everything that can be changed and probably should be IF you can find space. I still recommend 4 catcher and keep it how it is.

You'll notice I took out Tornadus EX because of the loss of DCE and Zekrom EX because it isn't as good in the current format. Also gone are some tech options like Raikou and some consistency boosters like Thundurus. The deck simply doesn't have enough space for one. This means your only attackers are Mewtwo, Zekky and Terrakion.

With Garchomp/Altaria and Darkrai/Hydreigon coming out, I really think Raikou is very nescesary. With shaymin and eelectrik, I can use Volt bolt every turn because I can use dynamotor and then shaymin's pokepower to recharge raikou EX every turn!

593462 said:
With Garchomp/Altaria and Darkrai/Hydreigon coming out, I really think Raikou is very nescesary. With shaymin and eelectrik, I can use Volt bolt every turn because I can use dynamotor and then shaymin's pokepower to recharge raikou EX every turn!

By the time Altaria/Garchomp and Hydreigon/Darkrai are out Shaymin will be rotated, so you shouldn't include Raikou + Shaymin combo just for them. I'd say the lists posted are very good, and should serve you well.

You are pretty much right. There is pokemon catcher so I guess I'll have to agree with you, but junk arm, PONT, and smeargle will be out of format.
Should I make it BW-on?

Back