• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

ZebEels (Zebstrika/Eelektrik)

corabed

Consistency is Key
This is just a deck I'd heard about a while ago and thought I'd have a laugh building it. Thanks for any help :)

~Pokemon-18~
4-4 Zebstrika (NV--NXD)
4-3 Eelektrik (NV--NV) (Free Retreat Tynamo)
1 Mewtwo EX
2 Tornados EX

~I/S/S-28~
4 PONT
3 Juniper
2 Bianca
1 Collector
1 Twins
4 Level Ball
3 Catcher
3 Junk Arm
2 Ultra Ball
2 Switch
2 Revive
1 Communication

~Energy-14~
11 {L} Energy
3 {C}{C} Energy

~Strategy~
Hopefully start with a Blitzle or Tynamo-Free Retreat into one. Then a T2 Trainer Lock with Zebstrika's Disconnect, continue taking cheap prizes with Catcher/Disconnect until it becomes more advantageous to begin going aggro with Lightning Crash. Eelektrik powers up Zebstrika's after they are KO'd and to keep a continuous loop of Lightning Crashes going. Mewtwo EX is for Mewtwo EX and Tornados EX is for Terrakion.

I have considered running Zekrom but I find it a dead starter and doesn't fill any purpose other than a sweeper, which can be fulfilled by Mewtwo EX (in theory) and Tornados EX, also I ran 10 energy before but it is considerably less consistent than 12 and if this deck doesn't get the T2 Disconnect it was almost always lose. However I will replace the Judge for Tynamo as Judge is only there for Hand-Refresh and the fact that in this deck I prefer it to N.

Okay. Then stuff Zekrom and add another Junk Arm, it is a very good card for Trainer recycling.

Thanks, my deck list has now been edited:

-1 {L}
-1 Judge

+1 Junk Arm
+1 (Free Retreat) Tynamo

It says 15 energy.
And I'd probably take a Level Ball so you can max energy discarding with Junk Arm, this is the smallest one, but will help with Eels.

Sorry, changed it...
And I'm not sure about that change as I find Level Ball almost always more useful than a Junk Arm, as alot of the time I will be using Junk Arm to get a Level Ball anyway and 3 Junk Arm is the amount I usually run anyway...

Well three works, but four is better, but it is your choice, I mean I am just recomending stuff to you.

I've played a few games with it after the changes and it is running considerably smoother than before, however I have decided that the 3 Collector is unneccesary and keeps resulting in dead draws, but I'm not sure on what to replace them for... Also I want to keep 1 of the Collectors as it can be useful, even late game for grabbing Mewtwo a Tornados...

You could take two of the Collectors for two Sage's Training, they are good as you can discard energy and choose other pokemon.

Try
-2 communication (not needed)
-1 PONT (I find N very useful for hand refreshment and disruption)
-1 electric energy (10 is enough)
-1 revive (1 will be enough)
-2 judge (don't think it's really too necessary)
+3 N (explained already)
+1 junk arm (4 is needed for discarding and trainer reusing)
+1 juniper (good discarding)
+1 tornadus EX (another is needed)
+1 super rod (needed for recycling)

Though i know that you dont want zekrom, I still think zekrom would be a great addition to this deck and it isn't worth 2 prize cards if your opponent KOs it. It's also really great against Durant.

@Blui129
That's exactly what I needed, thanks!

@Jirachi
The communication are extremely useful in any deck, in this one it changes useless pokemon like the 3rd and 4th Tynamos into Pokemon that are actually needed. Also it is the only way other than the single Collector to get Mewtwo's and Tornados'
Also I really don't like N in this deck, my initial list ran 4 and they were useless in every game I played with it. Early game you give your opponent a fresh hand of 5/6 and late game hurt yourself. Also I don't like having too many Juniper as early game they are out-classed by Shuffle/Draw supporters that don't require discarding resources.

From your advice I will make these changes:
-1 Revive
-1 Judge

+1 Tornadus EX
+1 Super Rod

EDIT: Decided I needed Revive more than Judge so:
-1 Judge
+ 1 Revive,

I'd run the new Tynamo from Dark Explorers. It snipes a Pokémon on the bench for 10, so in the mirror you can snipe their Eels with Zebstrika for a OHKO later on. In that vein, I would also run Minun DEX, as that 10 damage spread is amazing for putting pressure on your opponent early

I ran this deck for quite some time with a lot of success so I'll give some input.

Since you're already running switch, Zekrom is not that much of a dead start. He's able to punch out some damage without threatening a two prize return. (In the case of Mewtwo EX and Tornadus EX)

Sages is a bad card and I'd recommend Bianca's before Sage's. I understand you not liking N in here, but it definitely is more advantageous than Sages and Judge. Giving your opponent a new hand of 5-6 isn't as bad as it may seem. In the case that they are going first and they spend time setting up things in their hand for next turn drop, such as rare candies or the right pokemon, N can be very helpful at setting them back a turn. On the plus side, you run a single twins, something that you can only use when you're behind. If that were an N in the same case, perhaps late game, N can definitely be the tide turning card that you need. I don't see Twins getting you two cards that something else in the deck couldn't have gotten you otherwise.

My list had quite a few more collectors, but I was considering opting for a ball engine instead (Dual Ball, Level Ball and Ultra Ball) because it's faster and I can keep my supporter for the turn to Juniper, Oak, etc. I see that current list kind of crapping out when you need to get Eelektriks in play, but you have to instead use the Level Ball for a Tynamo or a Blitzle.

Ultra Ball over Communications. Obvious discard of lightning energy is obvious, thins your deck out of bad things you don't need in the situation and searches for any pokemon. Too good not to run, but definitely not 4 of them because you'll be discarding too much between Junk Arms, Junipers and Ultra Balls.

The Tynamos, you might want to consider different ones because of Darkrai EX being able to snipe them down. If he's a non issue to you, continue using them but like it was mentioned above, the 10 damage snipe Tynamos are a solid choice.

Honestly, had it not have been for Zebstrika's low damage output, this would be the deck for me. Trainer Lock is kind of a big deal if you can get them locked early. But Eviolites and fatty basics make Zebstrika very weak. When you also consider that Torndaus EX one hits this now, it makes things look bleak for Zebstrika. But if you're really liking the deck and want it to work, I'd encourage it.

So from both your suggestions:

-2 Sage's
-2 Communication
+2 Bianca
+2 Ultra Ball

I run this Tynamo because of the Free Retreat mainly, also I don't have any of the sniping one's and i'm too lazy to proxy them, even for testing :p
As for Dual Ball, I find it a very flippy card, which I don't really like, also I'm not sure what to take out for it...

I also highly suggest Dual Ball, if not collectors so you don't have to waste level balls getting basics.

If you run collector, add PokeGear to help you find supports.
If you don't run collector, add Random Receiver to guarantee draw supporters.

N OR Bianca would be better than Sage. My emphasis on N.

Find a way to put in two Zekrom to the deck since you already run switch.

How about
-1 Revive
-1 Super Rod
-1 Collector

+2 Dual Ball
+1 Random Receiver

Does this look ok? However I'm not sure what to replace with Zekrom, any suggestions?

Back