Zarude, the Rogue Monkey Pokemon, Revealed!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
And your point is?
Like @Luplayz said, it's happened before, so it's not really surprising that it happened again. With that said however, I agree with you that I think they should've done something different, typing wise at least. A combination of Dark, Ghost or Fighting (and to an extent Fairy or Psychic) are all types I could see fitting for Zarude (hate the name btw).

To me it kinda looks like it was supposed to be in a trio with Oranguru and Passimian, got cut and then they decided on a Tarzan'esque movie, needed a Mythical, went through some old designs and picked that one. I don't think it looks bad, but I just don't think it looks special either.

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
Rillaboom looks more Mythical than Zarude if we’re talking aesthetics that one would assume a Mythical Pokémon to have.

But I like the design. It’s growing on me.

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
Arceus and Meloetta are both Normal types though they also had their gimmicks with type changing/Meloetta also being part Psych/Fighting. Your idea reminds me though, I always wondered why they haven't yet done a Ghost/Normal Pokemon. I always imagined it'd be the typical ghost under a sheet type of deal. Totally plain but you could really do something with it.

Melloetta is always normal type, Psychic is replaced with fighting in its pirouette forme, therefore, we always have had a mythical pokemon with the normal type in all of its forms since gen 5

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Melloetta is always normal type, Psychic is replaced with fighting in its pirouette forme, therefore, we always have had a mythical pokemon with the normal type in all of its forms since gen 5
Maybe I didn't word it right, if I didn't then I'm sorry. I know Meloetta is always part normal. I mentioned her being part Psychic or Fighting depending on her form. Mentioning those two is just to differentiate them from what would be a pure Normal type 100% of the time, regardless of secondary typings or form changes.

Luplayz

The Master of bad Pokemon
Maybe I didn't word it right, if I didn't then I'm sorry. I know Meloetta is always part normal. I mentioned her being part Psychic or Fighting depending on her form. Mentioning those two is just to differentiate them from what would be a pure Normal type 100% of the time, regardless of secondary typings or form changes.

yeah i think you just worded it wrong, and thats alright!

aaron2310

Aspiring Trainer
Your idea reminds me though, I always wondered why they haven't yet done a Ghost/Normal Pokemon. I always imagined it'd be the typical ghost under a sheet type of deal. Totally plain but you could really do something with it.

I would absolutely love that! At first it sounds kind of uninspired, but it's just pure brilliance!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I would absolutely love that! At first it sounds kind of uninspired, but it's just pure brilliance!
Not to mention Normal/Ghost would be a really interesting typing. Immunity to Normal, Fighting, and Ghost, and a weakness to only Dark. Every new gen I want them to jump on this idea, lol.