'Zacian V League Battle Deck' Revealed!

jWaSiMhE

Aspiring Trainer
It's a great product but there is nothing there to grab the attention of any seasoned players.

Will any Jirachi's be holos? There were some holo Volcs in the Reshizard one. Maybe Perserrker instead.

The Binder Guy

Aspiring Trainer
Eh... I’m not a big fan of the way this one’s been built. But then again the ReshiZard and PikaKrom decks weren’t exactly perfect copies of their respective competitive decks at the time of their release either.

Will any Jirachi's be holos? There were some holo Volcs in the Reshizard one. Maybe Perserrker instead.
It’s unlikely, the Jirachis for the Pikachu & Zekrom League Battle Decks were nonholo.

treeckonation

Treecko is a good pokemon
As centralizing and as powerful as ADP is and how that affects the game's health as a whole, don't let this get in the way of the fact that for people wanting to get into playing the game, this is a pretty damn solid product, probably the best of these Battle Decks which have always been pretty solid anyways. The Pokemon lineup aside, the Trainers are what I find to be really nice. 4 Marnie, 4 Professor's Research and 2 Boss's Orders (especially this) in one package is really nice. Plus Quick Ball and all that.

I love seeing stuff like this that actually makes those staple Trainers relatively easy to get started on in one big package. I've said it before, but I think it's a very good idea to make products that do this simply because it's getting people a jumpstart into the game, which can promote a healthy playerbase.

And even though we're in a situation where we can't play as many IRL matches, remote play still exists and you're getting all these resources on PTCGO as well. If I find one of these I'm picking it up-I could use those trainers if I want to get into the game, and I don't own either Zacian or ADP for the collection yet.
i should buy this just for ADP and zacian

Eh... I’m not a big fan of the way this one’s been built. But then again the ReshiZard and PikaKrom decks weren’t exactly perfect copies of their respective competitive decks at the time of their release either.

It’s unlikely, the Jirachis for the Pikachu & Zekrom League Battle Decks were nonholo.
would the non holos be rarer?

SoFarSoGood

Porygon enthraller, and enthusiast
This product isn't for you then. It's great for new and returning players to get a bunch of staples in 1 purchase.

yeah very true, I just miss the hype for these things having mass reprints of all manner of cards, rather than say, current standard ADP domination. Also, I find the idea of a bunch of new players all playing ADP/Zacian from the get go hilarious. Step right into a top tier deck.

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
yeah very true, I just miss the hype for these things having mass reprints of all manner of cards, rather than say, current standard ADP domination. Also, I find the idea of a bunch of new players all playing ADP/Zacian from the get go hilarious. Step right into a top tier deck.

Yeah agreed. What a crazy start for a new player. XD

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Just like the Reshizard / PikaRom League decks, there weren't any holo cards except for the GXs/Vs. I don't think I recall any official PTCG deck like these breaking the mold and including more holos like that, so I think it's safe to assume it's not just going to be Jirachi to be non-holo, but the Oranguru too if that's the one from Sword/Shield (That'd be pretty cool if they did though, but I don't think it's too necessary)

jWaSiMhE

Aspiring Trainer
Just like the Reshizard / PikaRom League decks, there weren't any holo cards except for the GXs/Vs. I don't think I recall any official PTCG deck like these breaking the mold and including more holos like that, so I think it's safe to assume it's not just going to be Jirachi to be non-holo, but the Oranguru too if that's the one from Sword/Shield (That'd be pretty cool if they did though, but I don't think it's too necessary)
There definitely was a holo version of Volcanion UNB in the Reshizard one. It had the GX texture too. The Tapu Koko Prism was the one which had the equilavent treatment in the other. Most likely it will be Perrserker or Oranguru that will get this I would expect.

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
I haven't bought products for a while, are the rulebooks still playmats too?

TheTempest

Aspiring Trainer
No, that is reserved for theme decks, but the Darkness Ablaze theme decks didn't have them. I think they are moving away from that style of playmats all together.

Last edited: