PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
I think the art is really cool. I just wished it was a real card.
It is a good art but it is not a must have for you. And this is to all materials, I am trying to be less materialistic but I will keep very very little of my collection and move on. Perhaps they will make it into a TCG, most likely.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Forgive my ranting, but I felt that it was a rub on my face. Let's rewind back at the Wizards days. Wizards made it very difficult to pull holos by making a non-holo version and in the gym set certain exclusive cards were given rare. My luck wasn't pretty, many rare cards I had were either non-holo or the ones I didn't want. Combining both gym sets I only pulled Misty's Golduck (it was about 25 boosters combine) for holo. Blaine's Arcanine and Brock's Rhydon were from the theme deck. It was because of my pull my interest in pokemon tcg dwindled. I somewhat regain interest in Fall 2006. And it was a little on and off interest since. When Celebration was announced, I was literally happy because I wanted all three starters, and that Rocket's Zapdos. Unfortunately, I didn't like the pikachu stamp and decided to skip Celebration. Hopefully they do reprint them in high resolution, I apologize for causing any trouble.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
Why wouldn't they make this a card?
Because they'll have to pay him royalties. Probably the same reason like every artist in the tcg is Japanese or living in Japan. They probably don't wanna screw around with the compensation required by other countries when they know just how much or little they can get away with.

But yeah it especially sucks since I don't think we've had a comic artist since Benimaru Itoh

Fireball27

The only Scarlet player
It is a good art but it is not a must have for you. And this is to all materials, I am trying to be less materialistic but I will keep very very little of my collection and move on. Perhaps they will make it into a TCG, most likely.
Good point. I was more just exaggerating.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Forgive my ranting, but I felt that it was a rub on my face. Let's rewind back at the Wizards days. Wizards made it very difficult to pull holos by making a non-holo version and in the gym set certain exclusive cards were given rare. My luck wasn't pretty, many rare cards I had were either non-holo or the ones I didn't want. Combining both gym sets I only pulled Misty's Golduck (it was about 25 boosters combine) for holo. Blaine's Arcanine and Brock's Rhydon were from the theme deck. It was because of my pull my interest in pokemon tcg dwindled. I somewhat regain interest in Fall 2006. And it was a little on and off interest since. When Celebration was announced, I was literally happy because I wanted all three starters, and that Rocket's Zapdos. Unfortunately, I didn't like the pikachu stamp and decided to skip Celebration. Hopefully they do reprint them in high resolution, I apologize for causing any trouble.
I mean, listen, I totally get where you're coming from and hear you – Wizards was terrible for the Pokémon TCG. Just, you know, really bad. Awful. But it's impossible to go back in time and fix that stuff. The EN TCG follow's the JP TCG's lead – and there's no cause for JP to go back and reprint old sets, because Media Factory (think WOTC but Japanese, kind of) did a good job of working with Nintendo the old sets.

The best thing Nintendo/TPC did for the card game was end their contract with WOTC at the first legal opportunity they had. You can't ask for much else. Nobody who worked on the art gallery gave WOTC a second thought. That's a long time ago now.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
I mean, listen, I totally get where you're coming from and hear you – Wizards was terrible for the Pokémon TCG. Just, you know, really bad. Awful. But it's impossible to go back in time and fix that stuff. The EN TCG follow's the JP TCG's lead – and there's no cause for JP to go back and reprint old sets, because Media Factory (think WOTC but Japanese, kind of) did a good job of working with Nintendo the old sets.

The best thing Nintendo/TPC did for the card game was end their contract with WOTC at the first legal opportunity they had. You can't ask for much else. Nobody who worked on the art gallery gave WOTC a second thought. That's a long time ago now.
I agree, thanks. I wasn't trying to blame Nintendo. I just wish they never gave WOTC such opportunity.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
I agree, thanks. I wasn't trying to blame Nintendo. I just wish they never gave WOTC such opportunity.
They had no choice. I really recommend reading https://www.matobadesign.com/jamboree as a long-delayed afterword on WOTC. Why Nintendo was legally required to work with them to release a TCG in North America, why the working relationship was so difficult, and why, in the end, anyone who speaks positively of WOTC is off the beaten path.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
They had no choice. I really recommend reading https://www.matobadesign.com/jamboree as a long-delayed afterword on WOTC. Why Nintendo was legally required to work with them to release a TCG in North America, why the working relationship was so difficult, and why, in the end, anyone who speaks positively of WOTC is off the beaten path.
Wow, speechless. COMPLETELY SPEECHLESS. I wished I knew better. GOD DAMN IT, BUT I WAS A STUPID, NAIVE KID BACK THEN! My friend pressured me but I resist. My brother's friend pressured him but he gave in, then I did. One of the dumbest decision in my life. Is there a good reason for me to keep any generation I and II English cards? I wish I can sell them all and give the money back to my mom, but my collections are complete garbage.