Yveltal-GX from SM6 'Forbidden Light!'

Dudes the first attack is pretty good, you make it pretty tanky in the first or second turn of the game with a choice band, too bad the second attack is extremely underwhelming and the GX needs to be as @uncleyuri described to be any good.
Potential with decidueye is low since you had a very tight deck in CIN, and now to play him you need to find space for the rainbow energy, himself, Cynthia and maybe a pal pad.

Personally, I’m not surprised that both Yveltal and Xerneas GX are not fantastic (to say the least) considering how much attention they got with Yveltal EX and Xerneas BREAK decks...

He meant that since the japanese cards have the same text this should be a mintraslation, and yveltal needs 4 or more it seems.
20151019080610%21GengarBREAKthrough60.jpg

Exactly, as far I can tell, Creep Show and Death Count-GX has the same characters in the effect of the attacks. The only difference I can see is the number.

Of course, it could mean that Creep Show has been mistranslated all this time.

Edit: I think I missed the character just after number. So I'm doubting myself now. Feel welcome to clarify the difference for me, however.

Last edited:
Very disappointed....I absolutely loved playing yveltal ex and was hoping for a playable gx....oh well at least the card will not cost more than a few dollars (maybe a bit more since Yveltal is collected more than Xerneas).

Exactly, as far I can tell, Creep Show and Death Count-GX has the same characters in the effect of the attacks. The only difference I can see is the number.

Edit: I think I missed the character just after number. So I'm doubting myself now. Feel welcome to clarify the difference for me, however.
Checked, they don't have the same characters.

Yveltal-GX

• First attack, pretty bad, but better than Xerneas's first IMO

• Second attack, pretty bad, worse than Xerneas's

• GX Attack: This is just BKT Gengar's Creep Show attack but worse and once per game
Overall 2.5/5

This will be played as a 1 of in Turbo dark variants possibly. Gx attack very achievable with Flying Flip.

They are not the same, Gengar says "sanko ijou" which means 3 units(dmg counters) or more.
Yveltal's just says "yonko" which is 4 units, there is nothing that indicates a value higher than 4, so it means exactly 4.
Other than the section refering to the amount, the rest of the attack description is the same between the two cards.
That being said, you could do some flying koko flips early and have the set up for whenever you want! Shame you can only use it once though.

They are not the same, Gengar says "sanko ijou" which means 3 units(dmg counters) or more.
Yveltal's just says "yonko" which is 4 units, there is nothing that indicates a value higher than 4, so it means exactly 4.
Other than the section refering to the amount, the rest of the attack description is the same between the two cards.
That being said, you could do some flying koko flips early and have the set up for whenever you want! Shame you can only use it once though.
Thanks for the clarification! Much appreciated :)

Also one can use the Frogadier revealed the other day. Two Frogadier and no Pokémon the opponent has in play is safe.

They did Xerneas and especially Yveltal dirty this time around. Both are 1-of techs at best. Even then that's a stretch.

you could set up one turn with the first attack+muscle band and then knock out next turn, though i guess that's one extra turn necessary than most other strategies? Plus that's expanded

Yeah, they both are garbage. At least the old Yveltal EX was great; Xerneas has yet to get an EX or GX worth using.

• Yveltal-GX - This card is underwhelming. Too bad. Their basic atks are super bad as a whole. The GX atk can be sniped in with Tapu Koko (sniped in huh!). 3 Geodudes
    • Pikachu/Mimikyu - I don't know if we'll gonna see this on the US. 2 Geodudes

This ain't actually all that bad. It'll get really good when the new pseudo-Dusknoir that allows you move damage counters around gets revealed. Mandibuzz maybe?

you could set up one turn with the first attack+muscle band and then knock out next turn, though i guess that's one extra turn necessary than most other strategies? Plus that's expanded
Couple flying flips to spread 40 everywhere, then they can't heal everything and you could Guzma for 2 prizes on a Lele or a 2 prize attacker; using your strategy of using Yveltal to hit 40, Kukui+absorb life turn one, death count turn 2; you could use the new Gengar that damages with energy attachments; like most people are saying, Decidueye; there's more options, these are just the best ones that are coming to my mind right now

Back