• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Yveltal EX / Seismitoad EX

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Pokemon: (9)

• 3 Yveltal EX
    2 Seismitoad EX
    2 Yveltal XY
    2 Darkrai EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (38):

• 4 N
    4 Juniper
    2 Lysandre
    2 Colress

2 VS Seeker
    1 Computer Search
    2 Bicycle
    4 Crushing Hammer
    2 Energy Switch
    2 Enhanced Hammer
    2 Switch
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Head Ringer
    1 Jamming Net
    2 Muscle Band
    1 Hard Charm
    3 Shadow Circle
Energy: (12)

• 4 DCE
    8 Darkness Energy

Strategy:

Standard Yveltal EX deck.

Any help is appreciated! :)

My Little Keldeo

Submarine Reflection!
Advanced Member
I think your Trainer line is a little eclectic, as I'm not sure what you're going for with it. It seems you're trying to do the defensive / disruption build. Two Crushing hammers isn't going to cut it for this. That card is only good when you play four of them, since you need to maximize your chances of removing energy. I'm also not a fan of Malamar-EX myself. The Ability will only matter 50% of the time (if your opponent gets tails between turns) and will do you no good against VirGen. Even then, Sleep can be nullified by a Switch, Keldeo, etc. The attack is also not very reliable. I'm not a fan of flip cards because they have a tendency to fail at the worst moments. Pokemon Center Lady is really inferior to other healing cards, and you only need one Switch since you can free retreat with Darkrai-EX. Keldeo-EX can also be used in combination with Dark Cloak for Rush In / Retreat, and is more reliable than Switch. Since it seems you're going the defensive Yveltal route, I'm going to suggest changes to improve that. Alternatively, you could go with the "Classic" / "Speed" build, and run Laserbank.

-1 Malamar - EX
-1 Pokemon Center Lady
-1 Switch
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Shadow Circle

+2 Keldeo-EX
+2 Crushing Hammer
+1 Muscle Band

You can also opt to remove the Energy Switch in favor of draw / consistency, maybe an Escape Rope, depending on your playstyle. I think Energy Switch is best played in counts of 3 or more, and only if you plan on attacking with Darkrai-EX. All in all, the list looks pretty solid aside from Malamar. The changes I'm suggesting are mostly minor tweaks to maximize your odds of success, other than adding the Keldeo which I think will be helpful all around. Best of luck to you!

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Thanks for the suggestions! I was thinking of using this deck in the future. Played some matches on TCGO and it really isn't much of my play style. I will play around with this deck though to see if I can make it fit my style of play.

My Little Keldeo

Submarine Reflection!
Advanced Member
Pyroar's really not as much of a thing as it used to be, as Donphan, Toad / Garbodor and M-Manectric counter it well. Unless Pyroar is especially common in your area, it's better to take an autoloss against it and be consistent in your other matchups than to tech for it and ruin your consistency. If Pyroar is still common in your area, I'd suggerst restructuring your deck to include a 2-2 M-Manectric line, Spirit Links and some Lightning energy. You just need to react to your local metagame. If you don't expect to see much Pyroar, then don't worry about it.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
My Little Keldeo said:
Pyroar's really not as much of a thing as it used to be, as Donphan, Toad / Garbodor and M-Manectric counter it well. Unless Pyroar is especially common in your area, it's better to take an autoloss against it and be consistent in your other matchups than to tech for it and ruin your consistency. If Pyroar is still common in your area, I'd suggerst restructuring your deck to include a 2-2 M-Manectric line, Spirit Links and some Lightning energy. You just need to react to your local metagame. If you don't expect to see much Pyroar, then don't worry about it.

Good point. I won't put in a tech yet. During this weekend when I play my other deck, I will look at the meta game.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Going to start getting the cards for next weekend's cities. Any more changes? If I see a lot of Pyroar on Saturday then I'll add Zoroark

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
If you have a strong Pyroar presence at your location use Beartic. It can get a OHKO on Pyroar 100% of the time. That is pretty good for just a DCE. Also I don't think you will need a counter. Pyroar has fallen more and more off the map with every set

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Mr.Muffin said:
If you have a strong Pyroar presence at your location use Beartic. It can get a OHKO on Pyroar 100% of the time. That is pretty good for just a DCE. Also I don't think you will need a counter. Pyroar has fallen more and more off the map with every set

Ok cool. Didn't think it would be a problem

totodile_it_down

Rogue Life
I'd consider dropping a Toad and adding a Keldeo EX. Rush-In and remove Sleep, Poison, etc...and no need to add Float Stone, just use a Dark Energy along with Darkrai's Dark Cloak ability. Pretty easy to splash in and is enormously useful.

Is it common in Defensive Yveltal decks to sort of split the Tools like you have? Seems like it would be more consistent to go all in on Hard Charms and Jamming Nets instead of splitting the difference, especially with no Skyla to ensure that you can go get your one Muscle Band. Lysandre's Trump Card seems unnecessary because you aren't recycling Lasers, and may as well leave the energy you've removed in your opponent's discard pile. That spot may be better served as a Team Flare Grunt. Good luck, I know from the other threads that you've been putting a lot of thought into this! Looks pretty solid.

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
I already had Keldeo EX in my deck and I rarely used it. Good idea removing the Trump card.

I want to go with aggressive tools

I think I will do a 1-1 split between Head Ringer and Jamming net. I am removing their energy so a Head Ringer would make it so they couldn't even attack for one energy on a Landorus EX, etc.

Any other changes I should make? Is this deck good enough for Regionals?