Writing Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival: Tori's Rise to the Top

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
YGOTori_Risetothe_Top.png

(Please ignore the rather long story title...)
(This is a story of the Nintendo 3DS Game; Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival. This is all to be from the perspective of one of the playable characters; Tori Meadows. I will try to keep this as faithful as I can.)

Chapter 1: Heart to Heart Piece

Chapter 1: Heart to Heart Piece

"The World Duel Carnival is starting soon!" a voice cried out, "Duelists from all over the world will gather in town, the strongest of the strong will be here in the coming days! I'm so excited!"
"Yuma, you don't take anything halfway do you?" another voice replied.
"Hehehe...nope!" the first voice, Yuma, replied.

"My name is Tori Meadows; a student at Heartland Middle School." Tori began, "I'm not a duelist really, I prefer to cheer on my friends from the sidelines."
"Like Yuma, for instance."

Yuma is as identifiable by the bright pinkish bangs in the front of his hair, as by his exuberant spirit. He tugged on his open red jacket and clutched his lucky charm, a gold key called the Emperor's Key.
"A while ago, Yuma encountered a spirit, by the name of Astral." Tori continued, "Astral is a spirit that he can see, and he can communicate with. He acts like Yuma's conscious, so to speak; the two quickly became quite a dynamite duo."
"Hey, Bronk; you think you and I will face in the Tournament?" Yuma asked, turning to a friend. Bronk, another friend, raised his fist.
"I got a good feeling about my chances!" Bronk replied, pumping his chest.
"I've known both Bronk and Yuma since we were little..." Tori stated, "Bronk is a big guy, but he has an even bigger heart."
"Bronk travels everywhere by his skateboard, and his identified by his backward red cap, and or the tuft of hair sticking out the front of it."

"Nyahhh...I think I'm the purr-fect person to win the World Duel Carnival!" a female voice cried out.
"Hey, Cathy!" Yuma exclaimed, "You Feelin' the Flow today?"
"I sure am!" Cathy replied, "I think I have what it takes to be the cat's meow!"
"Cathy...is a character..." Tori stated, "She dresses like a cat girl. But; she also has the ability to communicate with cats. The two of us, butted heads in the past, over Yuma; but we are friends, and we both cheer Yuma on." "What looks like cat ears is actually just her hair, stylized to look like that. Her hair makes her look like she has a gray-haired tabby cat sleeping on her head."
"Hehehe, I think the World Duel Carnival is totally mine!" another voice exclaimed, "I'll have everyone flipping their Heart Pieces to me when I beat them!"
"That's Flip..." Tori stated, "He's a tricky sort. He believes everyone has a flip side; and is rather untrusting..."
"But, he has come to know all of us as friends, and he usually doesn't try anything sneaky around us. But, you can't stop a mischievous spirit."
Tori said. Flip was adjusted his glasses which were knocked lop-sided during his exclamation. He also picked up his large blue hat and put it back on top of his head, covering his light brown hair.
"Flip, I wouldn't be so confident if I were you!" a last voice cried out, "The World Duel Carnival, like student government, is something I feel very confident I'm going to come out on top of!"
"Oh, Caswell!" Yuma said, "If the WDC if anything like the Student Debates we have; you're going to be tough to beat!" Caswell blushed bright red in embarassment.
"Oh Yuma, I don't know what to say!" Caswell replied, rubbing the back of his head, sweating slightly.
"Caswell is our Class President for it seems like forever." Tori stated, "Some sort of government job is in his future." Caswell pulled out a comb and groomed his blue-ish colored hair.

"So anyway," Yuma replied, "Are you all entered into the tournament?" Everyone pulled out their Heart Piece container.
"The Heart Piece container was sent out to everyone who per-registed for the World Duel Carnival." Tori stated, "You must put your Heart Piece up against whoever you're going to Duel. Getting 3 full Heart Pieces means you're automatically into the World Duel Carnival Tournament." Tori rummaged through her knapsack and pulled her Heart Piece out.
"I got mine yesterday!" Tori exclaimed. Yuma looked at Tori with a surprised expression.
"Woah Tori," Yuma said, "You're competing too? This is so exciting! All of us, as friends, competing against each other to win the World Duel Carnival!" Tori giggled.
"Well, I've been getting lessons from Rio, and your grandmother, Yuma; I'm feeling confident in my Abilities. I think I can get pretty far!"
"You never told me you were taking lessons from Granny!" Yuma replied, shocked.
"She's been teaching me lessons in Dueling in exchange for me helping her make your Duel Fuel!" Tori replied.
"You mean, you've been making the Duel Fuel for me?!" Yuma shouted, "Since when?"
"Since the beginning of the year, silly." Tori replied, "That means; 6 months."
"Oh, that's why they've been tasting so different!" Yuma laughed. Tori puffed her cheeks out and gave Yuma a pouty expression.
"But, that doesn't mean it's bad!" Yuma replied, sweatdropping, "I've grown accustomed to the taste!"
"I like Yuma a lot," Tori stated, "But that doesn't mean he doesn't get on my nerves from time to time!"

---

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" a voice cried out from the television, "It is I, your loving Mayor; Mr. Heartland, coming to you with MAJOR news!"
"Tomorrow starts the World Duel Carnival Preliminary Round!" Mr. Heartland exclaimed, adjusting his glasses, and his big yellow hat. He pulled out a Heart Piece from his pocket.
"To advance further into the WDC, you must put your Heart Piece up against your Opponent." he exclaimed, "Beat them to get their Heart Piece added to yours." He then put up three fingers.
"Three Heart Piece shards make up a full Heart Piece." Mr. Heartland added, "Complete the Heart Pieces three full times to punch your ticket to the World Duel Carnival Tournament Finals!"
"If you're the last duelist standing, you're the first World Duel Carnival Champion and get one free wish; no strings attached!"
"One free wish?" Tori said to herself, "I wonder if I could get my wish to come true..."
"Oh boy!" Yuma exclaimed, "I can hardly wait for tomorrow, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!"
"Not if I have anything to say about it!" a female voice exclaimed.
"K-Kari!" Yuma replied, "Uh..uh...I'm going straight to bed!" Kari sighed.
"What am I going to do with him?" Kari said, turning to Tori. Kari was twirling a bit of her purple hair around her finger.
"I don't know," Tori replied, "But, I must be heading home too. Like Yuma, I need to get ready for tomorrow."
"If you want, I can take you home," Kari said, "Or do you feel like walking home?"
"I'll walk home, thanks for the offer." Tori replied. Saying her goodbyes, she headed home.

"I have to say, I can see why Yuma loves dueling so much; I feel just as excited as he does for tomorrow!" Tori began.

"Ready or not World Duel Carnival, here I come!" Tori then exclaimed, running home as fast as she could.

First Chapter nothing but exposition; I can totally write stories.