Pokemon Your Very First Shiny? What Did You Think, And How Did You React?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFadyen

Aspiring Trainer
It was a Zubat in Pokemon Diamond.
I swapped, but I repented, and then I deleted the game.
Then I consider the first, it was a Floatzel in Platinum.

桜Knight

Queen Watermelon
2 days ago I caught a level 49 shiny Bouffalant in Pokemon White 2.
Its my very first shiny I ever caught. I'm so excited to level it up.

Markusarrow

Aspiring Trainer
mine was Skyla holofoil talk about lucky, ever since then the last few days i keep pulling ex;'s and all kinds of rare cards ace specs and holofoils ? I don't know what the deal is, i just rub th packs and say a lil ex prayer lol b4 i open them and dam if it don't work...I am dead serious....

Binx345

Verified Seller
My 1st shiny was in order from Japan, a few packs of neo 4 destiny (Japanese) when they had just been released in Japan. I only bought 3 packs of it, and a few gym leaders packs. But the 1st pack of neo destiny had that shiny steelix. Still have it mint as the day I pulled it.

1st video game shiny- besides the gyarados's, was in pearl and it was a shiny pelliper. I was amazed after palying all the games for maybe over 500 hours in total, and never seeing a wild shiny. When I found it in pearl, I used a master ball. I still have it now on white 2.

Snowy

❄️グレイシア❄️
My first shiny was a gold Poochyena in Emerald. At the time I didn't know it was a "Shiny" but caught it anyways because it was a different color. Too bad my save file corrupted... D: I have yet to encounter another shiny except breeding a white Eeveein SoulSilver, in which you can probs guess what it became.

TwistedTurtwig

It's been a pleasure
Ah... my first shiny. It was a Tranquill, in the meadow near Village Bridge. I happened to be in the area, looking to see which Pokemon I could find in the tall grass there, and out of nowhere, bam! Shiny Tranquill! All my Pokemon were pretty high-leveled, and I didn't want to risk accidentally knocking it out, so I spammed Ultra Balls until I finally caught it. It was male, so now I've got one awesome looking Unfezant. Too bad its nature and IV's are terrible, or I'd EV train it for kicks.

Jackie

Aspiring Trainer
Not counting the red Gyrados, I first encountered a Shiny Sandshrew in Gold. I was an 11 year old noob and accidentally killed it. T_T. Later I caught a Shiny Spinarak in Crystal to mark my first successful random encounter shiny.

The Spook

Now is going to get Spooky
I've played all Pokemon generations and the only shiny I encountered and caught was the shiny Gyarados.I'm still mad that all this time (11 years) I didn't encountered just one....

grassdragon

Mega Lopunny Fanatic :P
I've encountered many Shinies over the years: Golbat, Sneasel, Nidoran (M), Gyarados, Haxorus, Roselia, Clefairy, Snivy (hatched) but the very first Shiny I ever caught was in LeafGreen. It was a Tentacool. I wasn't really excited because I didn't really know about Shinies or how rare they are. I caught it because it looked cool.

FennekinWright

Aspiring Trainer
The first shiny I encountered was Red Gyarados, but the first proper shiny I encountered was a Metapod in Ilex Forest in Gold. At the time, I didn't know what shinies were and thought it was something to do with the "forest guardian" thing the shrine mentioned, for some reason. I was a dumb kid. Anyway, I knocked it out with an accidental critical hit. In retrospect, it was a Metapod and I probably didn't actually need to weaken it at all. Really dumb kid.

The second shiny I encountered was a Skarmory in Sapphire. I encountered it with, like, only one or two Great Balls, and nothing else. It broke free of those and I ended up having to flee. Really, really dumb kid.

The first proper shiny I actually caught was a Flaaffy in SoulSilver. I was really excited to finally have a shiny, but I already had an Ampharos on my team, so it didn't actually get used. I always meant to go back and train it, though. Maybe I'll actually have to go ahead and do for X and Y. Could be fun!

scuba steveE

Absolute
Lets see, in order:
Gold: Voltorb
Sapphire: Marill
LeafGreen: Voltorb
Platinum: Absol, Bidoof, Spheal(hatched), Giratina(soft-reset)
Black 2: Mudkip(hatched)

Yeah I caught two different shiny voltorbs and I had no ideal that they were shiny. Including the marill, My reactions were pretty much "Why is this thing blue!?", "Whis is this green!?", and "Wtf, another one!". I don't have them anymore though. :(

jstar21

Team Froakie & Goomy
The only shiny I ever found was back in Fire Red. I forgot the route number but it was the one that leads into Fuchsia City. It was a Venonat and I almost ran away from it because I wasn't paying attention so I didn't see the shiny animation, but once I looked at it I realized it's eyes were a different color than normal which made my eyes widen in excitement since I never found a shiny before. I caught it but sadly I misplaced my Fire Red during a move into a new house...so hopefully I find one in X and Y.

98Greener

tree noises
I wanted an Elekid in Black 2, so I traded a Magby for one in the GTS. Little bit later, I got a shiny Elekid. I'm not sure if he was unaware that it was shiny, or that he was just being nice. Either way, a shiny is a shiny.

TomoEGoto

Aspiring Trainer
Gold: Shiny 'Dos from Lake of Rage
HG: Shiny Pidgey randomly found in the SZ, fled after the first ball broke.
HG #2: Shiny Kricketot in Virdian Forest (Didn't know it was swarming)
HG #3: Shiny Chikorita (Almost SR'ed over)
HG #4; Shiny Cyndaquil (Made my heart jump a beat)
Black: Shiny Tepig via MM (First MM shiny!)
W2: Shiny Elekid
W2 #2: Shiny Cubchoo (Second MM)
W2 #3: Shiny Psyduck (Almost ran away from it because I wasn't paying attention to it)

Jakeremix

I wanna be the very best~
jstar21 said:
The only shiny I ever found was back in Fire Red. I forgot the route number but it was the one that leads into Fuchsia City. It was a Venonat and I almost ran away from it because I wasn't paying attention so I didn't see the shiny animation, but once I looked at it I realized it's eyes were a different color than normal which made my eyes widen in excitement since I never found a shiny before. I caught it but sadly I misplaced my Fire Red during a move into a new house...so hopefully I find one in X and Y.

Rebuy it! It's my favorite pokemon game!

TomoEGoto said:
W2 #3: Shiny Psyduck (Almost ran away from it because I wasn't paying attention to it)

Wow... that's a lot, but I have to ask what MM stands for?

zappy800

loves dat rain<3
TomoEGoto said:

Wow... that's a lot, but I have to ask what MM stands for?
[/quote]
Masuda method.

MuhFugginMoose

I'd Say Grass Knot!
First Shiny ever hmm. . ?
Although I'm sure in my early age of 9 when I was playing G/S/C I ran into a few, the first one I recollect would have to be the shiny Sableye in my Sapphire version. Since then, thanks to legitimate EV training I've ran into SEVERAL. And I mean quite a lot. But my first (that I remember) was Sableye.
Good times. . .

Raptor9229

Aspiring Dragon Trainer
Red Gyarados like just about everyone who played G/S/C/HG/SS

Other than that? Shiny Magikarp hatched from an egg in the original G/S/C games.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
Since this thread is very old, and its content is VG related rather than general, I'm locking it. The General VG Discussion section also has threads dedicated to shiny pokemon. From here on, visit that section if you wanna talk about shinies. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.