RBY Your RBY Team

Equinox

Stallwart Player
It's a nostalgic time now that the re-release of Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow have been released! With only 1510 Pokémon to choose from, these games will force us to use only a narrow selection of Pokémon, with no Fairy, Steel, or Dark-type Pokémon, this is the game that started it all! In here, feel free to post what game you're on and update your team as you go through the game!

So far in my Yellow version all I have is a level 13 Pikachu and a level 6 (soon to be 9) Manley. Brock is annoying for being the first GL in this game. >_<

As much as I love Scyther, I used it far too many times. So this time I decided to go with Blue for Magmar and Victreebel.
Picked Squirtle because I already have Fire and Grass covered. Not sure what else should I catch since I've used all other early game mons too many times. Maybe Rattata since I only use it on Nuzlocks and it usually ends up dead by Vermilion.

Has anyone reached Cinnabar yet? I want to know if MissingNo's in.
Edit: I'm going to rush this game to see if the Mew glitch is still there. I couldn't get the Gamestop Mew and it would be awesome to use one in Sun/Moon.

In Blue; my planned team is Blastoise, Ninetales, Persian, Jolteon, Fearow.

In Yellow; my planned team is Pikachu, Vileplume, Dodrio, Starmie, Nidoking and possibly Tauros.

My planned team for Blue: Blastoise, Nidoqueen, Ninetales, Jolteon, whichever of Oddish or Bellsprout is Blue-Exclusive, and Clefable.

Edit: I'm going to rush this game to see if the Mew glitch is still there. I couldn't get the Gamestop Mew and it would be awesome to use one in Sun/Moon.
I hope it is.

Playing Yellow.

Just into Mt. Moon with Pikachu, Pidgey and Nidoran (M) all at level 14. Will add the starters later to complete my team.

I plan on downloading Yellow tomorrow! I dunno who all I'm going to use in my team, though. I'll keep Pikachu obviously, but I'm torn between using all the starters or just making a team up of my favourites.

So far I have a lvl 19 Pikachu, 17 Clefairy, 20 Mankey, and a 16 Chameleon. Debating if I want to keep Abra or Mew on my team, or if I want to just use the other two starters (which will probably be the case)

My Blue team (so far): Wartortle, Fearow, Vulpix, Jolteon and Paras (cut for Celadon Gym)

My Yellow team (so far): Pikachu, Nidoking, Gloom and Dodrio.

I've invested more team time into Yellow then Blue so far.

I have Yellow on one of the European 2DS pre-installed bundles, and Red on my 3DS.

For Yellow I plan to mix it up and play completely new team and see how that goes.
For Red I'm going full-on nostalgia with the team and nicknames.

Sitting with this on Red so far:

King Prawn (Magikarp, Lv. 11)
Always like to have a King Prawn in my team. This one is the Magikarp you buy from that dodgy guy at Mt Moon! Forgot just how long it takes to raise..... worth it though.

Dragozard (Charmander, Lv. 21)
keeping it a Charmander to get flamethrower sooner.

HM Slave (Rattata, Lv. 2)
Got a few helpful tail whips vs. Brock which were more than welcome!

Topgun (Spearow, Lv. 4)
Really just for the HM Fly.

And to complete it I'll need:

Spoony (Alakazam)
Has yet to be added, but will be as soon as I'm out of Mt moon and can get north of Cerulean for an Abra.

Sparks (Jolteon)
To be added in due course. An old fave!

I`m playing Pokemon Red and my team (so far) is: Pikachu, Ivysaur, Butterfree, Kadabra, Raticate and Pigeotto
Still don`t know if I should keep Butterfree in my team or should I change it for Oddish (Vileplume)

Ok, since the Mew glitch is confirmed to work, I decided to completely revamp my team and use only non evolving Pokémon, since I can get some of them much earlier. So that leaves me with:

Mew, Magmar, Electabuzz, Scyther, Hitmonchan and either Farfetch'd or Lapras. Might as well call it Haymaker lel

Ahh the nostalgia of the infamous Lavender town Pokémon Tower, and I find it has eerily beautiful music.

Currently my team is : Lvl 28 Charmeleon, Lvl 29 Kadabra, Lvl 31 Primeape, Lvl 28 Ivysaur, and a Lvl 25 Pikachu, with two badges

Update.

Blue Team (4 Badges): Meowth (Lv. 24), Wartortle (Lv. 33), Vulpix (Lv. 28), Fearow (Lv. 26) and Jolteon (Lv. 27)
Yellow Team (5 Badges): Ninetales (Lv. 36), Pikachu (Lv. 37), Starmie (Lv. 33), Dodrio (Lv. 38), Nidoking (Lv. 39) and Vileplume (Lv. 36)

As I said before, I've invested a lot more time team-wise in Yellow than I have in Blue.

Made it to Viridian City in Yellow today. My team is currently Pikachu, Clefable, Nidorino, Ivysaur, Chermeleon, and Mew from the glitch. The nostalgia is hitting me so hard!

I heard that Missingno and thus the item duplication glitch are confirmed to be in Red and Blue. This was patched in the original version of Yellow and won't work in it here.

My real question though is if we'll be able to get a Surfing Pikachu. I want to play Pikachu's Beach again!

Made it to Viridian City in Yellow today. My team is currently Pikachu, Clefable, Nidorino, Ivysaur, Chermeleon, and Mew from the glitch. The nostalgia is hitting me so hard!

I heard that Missingno and thus the item duplication glitch are confirmed to be in Red and Blue. This was patched in the original version of Yellow and won't work in it here.

My real question though is if we'll be able to get a Surfing Pikachu. I want to play Pikachu's Beach again!
Actually you can play the minigame now if you just have a Pikachu in your party

Indigo League Champion once again! :cool:

Jolteon (Lv.49)
Dugtrio (Lv.49)
Gyarados (Lv.49)
Alakazam (Lv.48)
Charizard (Lv.48)
Spearow (Lv.12)

Did a little bit of grinding with the Magikarp, Diglett and Abra early in game but from level 25 onwards it was pretty much just a case of battling every trainer and always fighting in the random field battles that came about getting through caves/mansions/routes as quickly as possible!

Rather under-leveled but my Yellow team shown bright when it mattered most.

"Keselowski" the Pikachu (Lv. 48)
"Cassill" the Starmie (Lv. 48)
"Stenhouse" the Dodrio (Lv. 44)
"Kenseth" the Nidoking (Lv. 45)
"Kahne" the Vileplume (Lv. 45)
"Hamlin" the Ninetales (Lv. 44)

Pokedex Seen: 129, Owned: 52; Play Time: 23:31

(Yeah, my team name theme was NASCAR and NASCAR Drivers in Yellow.)

Lorelei: Keselowski (Took out all of her Pokemon but Jynx)
Bruno: Stenhouse (His Hitmons stood no chance against a STAB Drill Peck)
Agatha: Hamlin/Kenseth (Hamlin was too fast for the Ghosts, Kenseth EQ'ed all day long)
Lance: Cassill (Got a huge FRZ on Lance's Dragonite; took out all of his Pokes but Gyarados)
[INSERT NAME HERE]: Everyone (Everyone played their role effectively in the final match)
- Picking a single Poke in the final battle is just not fair

My team currently: lvl 37 Snorlax / lvl 39 Charizard / lvl 36 Primeape / lvl 38 Kadabra / lvl 37 Venusaur

Pulled up to Cinnabar Island and went into the Pokémon Mansion thinking I was ready, but nope. Fought a lvl 37 Raticate and now I'm training on the route East of Fuschia City.

I've finally started up Yellow! :D

Current Team:

Pikachu (Zelda): Lv. 10
Nidoran♀ (Daisy): Lv. 8
Mankey (DonkeyKong): Lv. 8

Currently in Viridian Forest. Pikachu is the powerhouse, Mankey's got good offense but is kind of fragile, Nidoran♀ is the opposite being nice and tanky but less offense. Mostly I just want some non-Pikachu Pokémon available for the first gym.

Playing has been very interesting so far. I forgot how little infomation the games give you; you can't even see what a move does unless you use it! And both Mankey and Nidoran look exactly the same in my Pokémon screen.

Back