Your Memories of Visiting the Movie Theatres to See Pokémon Movies

Elite Stride

♫ I'm on the road to Viridian City ♫
What are some of your memories of going to see Pokémon movies when they came out in theaters? Share the whole experience if you can/want to, whether they be recent or years ago, and tell about as many movies you went to see as you want. How did you feel about everything? Who did you go with? Was it what you were expecting? Costumes? Did you see Crazy/memorable people? Did something notable or interesting happen while you were there? Anything regarding the event, but try to leave detailed reviews of the actual movie to it's respective thread!

--

I still remember going to see The Power of One in theaters. Oh dear that was a long time ago, I think I was about 5, going on 6 years old. It was the summer and I was staying at my grandmothers house (a tradition every summer) and I wanted to see it soo badly- so my aunt took me and my 2 brothers. It was around the time I had just gotten into the franchise (specifically the videogames) and I remember feeling VERY excited to see it.

To be honest, I don't remember many specific details about the experience other than the actual movie, and that there was a lot of people (so yes my tale is pretty boring). Being so young, it was one of my earliest memories of going to the theater and I was blown away by how awesome Pokémon movies looked on the big screen and how much the theater setting added to the experience. My brothers and I loved the film and I would actually credit a lot of my long term fascination with the franchise to my wonderful time going to see it. The subject surprisingly still comes up once in a while and my aunt always says it was one of the most boring things she's sat through (naturally, since she didn't grow up with it. ha!) It's still one of my favorite Pokémon movies and a very fond memory of mine.

--

So what are your Pokémon theater experiences?

Back