• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Yanmega / Raichu

Mao999

Aspiring Trainer
Hello fellow beachers!
It's a bit of time that i don't come here and just post something!
This time i'm trying a Yanmega sts deck along an electric Type pokémon.
I'm currently testing this deck, and i'm not sure about yanmega companion: should it be Raichu, or Zebstrika?

This is my list for now.

Pokémon: 18
  • 4x Yanma (sts 6/114)
  • 4x Yanmega (sts 7/114)
  • 3x Yanmega Break (Sts 8/114)
  • 2x Pikachu (xy 42/146) or Blitzle (bkp 48/122)
  • 2x Raichu (gen 27/83) or Zebstrika (bkp 49/122)
  • 3x Shaymin EX (ros 77/108)
Trainers: 38
  • 2x Professor Sycamore
  • 2x N
  • 2x Judge
  • 2x Lysandre
  • 1x Pokémon Ranger
  • 1x Giovanni's Scheme
  • 4x Vs Seeker
  • 4x Trainer's Mail
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 2x Level ball
  • 2x Revitalizer
  • 1x Super Rod
  • 1x Eco Arm
  • 1x Special Charge
  • 4x Bursting Balloon
  • 1x Float Stone
  • 4x Giant Plant Forest
Energy: 4
  • 4x Double Colorless Energy

The deck

I've decided to adopt Yanmega Break thanks to his amazing Ability, that let me attack for no energy if i have four cards in hand. I wanted to play an electric type along him to strike for weakness and getting easy prizes knocking out the Shaymin-EX's, or the M-Rayquaza EX.
I decided to put three Shaymin EX just to grant me a good speed in setting up the game, and thanks to DCE's i can aero return to set up again.
The Supporter's line is pretty simple, and after some testing i thought right to Giovanni!
Those 20 Damage are helping a lot, since Muscle Bands are not anymore in standard Format.

So it's time for the real question: Raichu or Zebstrika?

1. Raichu is nice because he has free retreat and can do 100 damage if i have 5 pokémon in my bench to knocking out Garbo, but only 90Hp (could be retrieved with level balls)
  2. Zebstrika is good to counter Rayquaza for a sure KO, but against other pokémons he only swings fo 50! He has 100Hp but two of retreat cost
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

You could take out
1 Eco Arm
1 Giovanni's Scheme
And add
2 Carbink

Carbink would be great as it would help stall against EX's while your setting up your board

You could take out
1 Eco Arm
1 Giovanni's Scheme
And add
2 Carbink

Carbink would be great as it would help stall against EX's while your setting up your board
I wouldn't do that as Garbodor is such a threat that Carbink would just be a dead card. Not only that, but Garbodor forces you to use Raichu or attach 2 DCE to Yanmega (not a good idea by any means).

I wouldn't do that as Garbodor is such a threat that Carbink would just be a dead card. Not only that, but Garbodor forces you to use Raichu or attach 2 DCE to Yanmega (not a good idea by any means).
But if your opponent is playing garbodar, it's already an auto loss due to losing yanmega's ability

well, i guess you gotta kill garbador before he gets his ability off >< i was making this deck too, and never thought of garbador, well no one at my local plays him
so im probably fine

With Yanmega BREAK, I find that the best partner is Zebstrika AND Zoroark. Zebstrika serves as a really good tech for the mirror match, and Zoroark can eliminate Garbodor with an easy lysandre (if they have 3 benched pokemon, which is very likely.)

With Yanmega BREAK, I find that the best partner is Zebstrika AND Zoroark. Zebstrika serves as a really good tech for the mirror match, and Zoroark can eliminate Garbodor with an easy lysandre (if they have 3 benched pokemon, which is very likely.)
i like the zoroark hint! Maybe with a Break?

well, i guess you gotta kill garbador before he gets his ability off >< i was making this deck too, and never thought of garbador, well no one at my local plays him
so im probably fine
A young kid at my league haven't figured it and unfortunately he was wrecked hard! Better consider all the options :)
This is why yanmega needs a strong partner!

If anything I would use Wobbufett to stall. Use an alternate attacker to hit Garbodor. Using 2 DCE is defeating the purpose of playing Yanmega to begin with. I use Vespiquen. It doesn't take much to slice theough Garbodor putting you back in the game

You could take out
1 Eco Arm
1 Giovanni's Scheme
And add
2 Carbink

If anything I would use Wobbufett to stall. Use an alternate attacker to hit Garbodor. Using 2 DCE is defeating the purpose of playing Yanmega to begin with. I use Vespiquen. It doesn't take much to slice theough Garbodor putting you back in the game
Honestly, I personally don't see any need for stalling as the reason the deck is Tier-3ish is because of its speed and set-up. But if you NEED a pokemon to stall I've really liked Cobalion in my decks. I know its an attacker, but you could play something like -2 DCE and +2(or 3) Metal Energy. You would then have a stall for basics, and a Alternate attacker with his Revenge Blast attack.

Raichu vs. Zebstrika? I've always liked the idea of Raichu and Circle Circuit, so I would have to choose Raichu. (You could always run a 3-3 and 1-1 or 2-2 and 2-2 if you wanted)

Just my piece of info;)

Honestly, I personally don't see any need for stalling as the reason the deck is Tier-3ish is because of its speed and set-up. But if you NEED a pokemon to stall I've really liked Cobalion in my decks. I know its an attacker, but you could play something like -2 DCE and +2(or 3) Metal Energy. You would then have a stall for basics, and a Alternate attacker with his Revenge Blast attack.

Raichu vs. Zebstrika? I've always liked the idea of Raichu and Circle Circuit, so I would have to choose Raichu. (You could always run a 3-3 and 1-1 or 2-2 and 2-2 if you wanted)

Just my piece of info;)

Thats a good idea. I say if you run Cobalion, then you might need to fit Professors Letter to dig for metal energies?

Back