Yanmega Primes at a reduced price!!

Puckstopper20

Aspiring Trainer
I hope this in the right place since it's regarding TCG pricing..

Anyway, Troll & Toad is currently selling Yanmega Primes for $4.99! I have no idea how long this will last but just wanted to get it out there for anyone interested. Please keep in mind that I'm NOT trying to promote troll and toad, just something I wanted to share with the community.

Here's the link:
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p303069.html

Happy Holidays!

Shaymin Lv.X

Vissen zijn nat.
Ehm, we already know already for a month that yanmega's price will be reduced.
+ Yanmega isn't that good anymore.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I paid 40 each for mine, back when the things were actually good. Then, I see TnT has them for 10, so I buy the fourth one to have a playset. And they reduce the price again. I'm literally bankrupt. :(

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
This has nothing to do with Yanmega prime not being good anymore and everything to do with them being in a promo box. T&T always opens huge numbers of promo boxes and sells the promo cards.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
^When they first came out in tins, they were still selling for 9.99 on TnT. The price was dropping a little anyway; Yanmega hasn't been winning many Cities, and YanZone was the only good Yanmega thing left before that anyway. However, I'm starting to smell a little comeback for it, since Chandelure (Dodrio/Oddish), Eel decks (Tynamo), other lock stuff (Oddish/Solosis), CaKE (Voltorb), Vanilluxe (Victini), and a good number of other decks are all super vulnerable to having their whole game disrupted by a couple well-timed snipes.

Puckstopper20

Aspiring Trainer
Celebi23 said:
^When they first came out in tins, they were still selling for 9.99 on TnT. The price was dropping a little anyway; Yanmega hasn't been winning many Cities, and YanZone was the only good Yanmega thing left before that anyway. However, I'm starting to smell a little comeback for it, since Chandelure (Dodrio/Oddish), Eel decks (Tynamo), other lock stuff (Oddish/Solosis), CaKE (Voltorb), Vanilluxe (Victini), and a good number of other decks are all super vulnerable to having their whole game disrupted by a couple well-timed snipes.

I agree, there are plenty of low HP Pokemon that sit on the bench for a turn or 2 before your opponent makes anything happen. The purpose of my post was to let everyone know that they're as low as $5 now..

FearZeCrawdaunt

Aspiring Trainer
Before they were $5, they were down to $8. If Yanmega does go back up, it won't be by much. But yeah, Yanmega isn't entirely without a future. But it may need to work on a different deck type to support. Yanmegazone isn't a bad deck right now, but as Celebi said, it hasn't been winning. Once NEXT Destinies comes out though, I wonder how effective Yanmega could be.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS
Next Destinies and the EXes in general aren't going to help Yanmega any. They are 170-180 hp basics that can deal upwards of 100 damage easily, aka the EXes OHKO Yanmega and Yanmega 3HKOs them back. It also makes sniping much less useful because there are less low hp basics, and more high hp basics. Yanmega's gonna be about as useful as Slowking Prime when the EXes are released, and I expect its price to represent that.

AmishEskimoNinja

Hating durant since 11/16/11
Yanmega isn't your main attacker. Its a support pokemon. And it probably will be from now on. The thing is its a support pokemon with a free retreat, snipe, and an energy cost of zero (sort of) Its going to be around for a while. Just not the focus of the deck.