• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Yanmega BREAK

swapforce1

Shaymin lover
With My TREV in expaned ( FOR NOW ) I made this deck list ! UPDATE 1

14 Pokemon
4x Yanma
4x Yanmega
4x Yanmega BREAK
2x Shaymin

trainer
4x Trainers Mail
4x Ultra Ball
4x VS Seeker
4x Judge
2x Lysadre
2x N
4x VS Seeker
4x Forest of Giant Plants
2x Skyla
4x Bursting Balooon
2x E Hammer
2x Wally
4x Super Rod
4x DCE

Last edited:
With only 6 Basic Pokémon, I suspect you will mulligan quite a bit; so, running 4 N helps to mitigate a potential hand size advantage your opponent might gain early game.

As long as your opponent does not attach any Tools, you'll most likely need to 2-3 HKO most opponents' Pokémon, and the turns required to KO an opponent's high HP Pokémon could be quite costly to you since the top decks can easily inflict 100+ damage to potentially KO your limited resources faster. So, why no Super Rod to recycle discarded resources?

I'd also imagine that you can evolve your Pokémon given the Forest of Giant Plants Stadium; so, are 4 Wally really necessary? I'd suggest replacing at least 2-3 Wally with 2-3 Level Ball to help get your Yanma benched as fast as possible.

Bursting Balloon have not really ever hindered me; I just "planned around" them. If they work for you, consider incorporating at least 1 Eco Arm in order to recover them after they have been discarded. Did you ever consider running Team Flare Grunt to help slow your opponent down (vs. Bursting Balloon)?

I hope your find these comments helpful.

I've been testing this deck quite a bit recently and I agree with many of the points of the above post. Wally is not necessary with forest of giant plants. The main strength of this deck is playing judge often. It can really help in slowing down your opponent as you take two hit knockouts. I have had success playing multiple revitalizer and puzzle of time. The main problem I've been having with the deck is a late game N to one or two cards, so I've been using a few unown to help with that. I hope this helps! Keep the dream alive.

My other concern with this deck would be its relatively "low" damage output. Are you able to complete games under 30 minutes usually?

why no Super Rod to recycle discarded resources?
Personaly I completly forgot abot that card. Having only came in to the comptive play around the time Fates Collide came out and me not opening
any Ancient Orgins packs ( I think thats the set it came out in )
, are 4 Wally really necessary?
Im kinda used to playing my trev deck where the goal is simple : Get trev out first turn. I would always have 4 wally. But that is kinda true that its not important in this deck!
2-3 Level Ball to help get your Yanma benched as fast as possible.
Another card i forgot about! it is pretty good i just find ultra ball beter! ( Gets rid of hand! )

Bursting Balloon have not really ever hindered me; I just "planned around" them. If they work for you, consider incorporating at least 1 Eco Arm in order to recover them after they have been discarded. Did you ever consider running Team Flare Grunt to help slow your opponent down (vs. Bursting Balloon)?

Personaly I just was trying to think about filler cards so yes team flare grunt would be great.
YANMEGA NRG DENAIL FOR THE WIN!!!

My other concern with this deck would be its relatively "low" damage output. Are you able to complete games under 30 minutes usually?

I dont really have alot of money EVER so i havent built the deck. just the deck list. do you think i should have a giovanni for extra damage ?

May I suggest putting in a 2-2 line of ariados for skylas and wally's? I feel as if that would help take knock outs on shaymin ex's, and increase damage output for 2Shotting Megas.

I dont really have alot of money EVER so i havent built the deck. just the deck list. do you think i should have a giovanni for extra damage ?
I now run 1 Giovanni's Scheme in all my decks (post-rotation) as part of my "standard" card-draw support. The extra 20 damage boost can sometimes be quite helpful. Getting your hand down to 4, in order to attack for no energy, does not seem too difficult; so, you may still be able to run a Giovanni's Scheme and attack for 0 energy cost.

Yes 1 Giovanni's scheme is a great card to play in yanmega, but it is nice to be able to ohko shaymin ex without having to play a supporter, so that way, you may lysandre it up to the active position before ohko.

Back