Y! JP available to US?

deogenerate

レッツwwwケ­゙ッw­­­­­w(乂՞ټ՞)✧スクラッチンwww
Just a question I've been questioning (don't ask -_-) but can you buy/bid on stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan if you live in America? I mean, Japanese can use eBay, so why can't we use their version of eBay?

You can.

The only thing I know is that you need to know Japanese to read and to calculate the Yen. I don't really know anything else about it.

Really? Sweet! *laughs at Lux X for Y1500*

Since when?

FYI, 100Y = $1

Yeah, then a pack of cards would be $350. XD
Nice idea, and good luck with that. But double check the currency transfer to make sure that you don't over pay.
Also, Jap cards will probably no longer be used next year.

Yahoo! Japan is NOT available to US Citizens. There's a shipping restriction and you will get banned if you win and expect someone to ship here.

There are a lot of great third party proxy bidding services that are legal, and do not charge a lot. fromjapan.co.jp and rinkya.com are two great ones.

^Also you'll need a middleman who lives in Japan to use Y!J.
That's what most ppl on the Pokémon comm. on LJ do.

Can you still SELL normally on Y!JA?

Light Venusaur said:
^Also you'll need a middleman who lives in Japan to use Y!J.
That's what most ppl on the Pokémon comm. on LJ do.

The proxy services Apache mentioned are the middlemen.

DeoxysUnknownForme said:
Can you still SELL normally on Y!JA?

As far as I am aware, yes you can.

You need a middleman or a proxy/deputy service.

A deputy service will bid on Japanese auctions for you, receive and store the items at their warehouse if you win, then ship them to you. You have to pay shipping to them and the item costs. Additionally, they also charge a small fee for bidding on the item for you, and charge shipping costs to you.

I use a deputy service called Celga. There are others out there like Shopping Mall Japan and Treasure Japan as well. (and the ones ApachePrime mentioned.) Celga does have an option to sell items to people on Y!J.

and btw, at current exchange rates: ¥88 = $1

Hope this helps!

Back