XY5 Kyogre-EX, Groudon-EX, Sceptile, Swampert, Blaziken Revealed in ‘CoroCoro’ [10/13]

Just noticed right now that Blaziken has a Holo pattern on it's card, but Sceptile and Swampert don't. That isn't fair.

Haha, didn't notice that! Blaziken has always gotten the limelight out of all the Hoenn starters, so it makes sense that PCL would continue to promote that. No love for Swampert though. :(

Water Pokémon Master said:
Haha, didn't notice that! Blaziken has always gotten the limelight out of all the Hoenn starters, so it makes sense that PCL would continue to promote that. No love for Swampert though. :(
Maybe the English decks will be Swampert vs Sceptile? That would be a valid reason for the lack of holo-ness

Whyyyyyyyy are we not getting starter EX's? Would it have made the set too awesome? These sets have to start picking up soon we have a million megas to get through. Unless XY is like a 5 year 20 set block. haha

Water Pokémon Master said:

I can't agree with you enough. After seeing this set, I believe that Blaziken might be tied with Charizard for the most over-rated Starter. Charizard and Blaziken were the only starters before Gen 4 that received Lvl X's, and Blaziken is the only Mega Evolved Pokémon from XY that got a standard card in the XY era.

Edit: Blaziken was also the only Starter from a non-Gen. 1 game to get a Mega Evolution in XY. He was also the only Starter from Gen 3 featured in the BW era. Swampert wasn't used at all, and Sceptile didn't appear until B2W2 era. I guess this whole matter also applies to the Piplup line of evolution, but I feel that he isn't THAT over-represented. For one, Infernape and Torterra both appeared in Plasma Storm, when Empoleon didn't.

Hey look at it this way though, if the English cards have starters as their theme decks we might have exclusive holos for Sceptile and Swampert. That would be kind of neat.

I always wondered how Nintendo decided on mascots for the theme deck. I mean as much I like the Espeon we got in Furious Fists it had already gotten a 'theme' of some sort with the XY trainer, not to mention it's own collection. So why not another fairy type Pokemon? What made them choose Talonflame and Galvantula for Phantom Forces? Focusing on ghost (like Gourgeist or Musharna who is not a ghost type but uses psychic none the less) and steel like Heatran or Klefki would have been a good route too...which by the way it took me this long to see a steel Klefki, which I'm glad for, I like alternate typings for the same Pokemon. That's why I'm hoping Fairy Dedenne shows up in this set too.

Back