XY143 Shiny Magikarp Promo

"In the distant past, it was somewhat stronger than the horribly weak descendants that exist today."

10/10 best dex entry.

I doubt it, they wouldn't give out a numbered Black Star Promo in one place and then make it a normal card in the US. There would be a nice blank spot for collectors.

Glad we don't have to worry about the shiny Magikarp mystery anymore.

However, as I already explained back in the D/P/Pt era France got two promo cards that were part of the black star promo set (54 and 55) that we never got in America. Granted they were regular cards in our Arceus set but still, they were also part of the full promo set and we never got these. Therefore as far as that promo line is concerned those who never shelled the money for the French release of these cards (which aren't all easy to find in the first place) have two nice blank spots in their numbered black star promo releases already. Also the BW black star promo set has two missing cards, though those were never issued for whatever reasons.

Oh, and we won't go into the fact many already have gaps in the black star promos just because of 'special' cards Champion's Festival, Tropical Beach, Tropical Tidal Wave and Victory Cups. I imagine, like myself, many people have a gap or two in their promos because of this.

Back