• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard (XY-STS) White Kyurem / Mew / Bats

WastedSkyPirate

Hi all!

White Kyurem from Fates Collide is a cool card that I haven't seen in competitive play. I feel it has potential, especially against low HP Basic Pokemon such as Joltik, Pumpkaboo and Combee (just the sort of cards that have been showing up in abundance), but falls just short of being solid.

With my rogue cap on, I put together this list to take advantage of it's spread damage properties. Test it out and let me know what you think!

Pok%C3%A9mon.full.1193282.jpg

Version 2.0

-1 Jirachi (PR #67)
-1 Absol
-1 Giovanni's Scheme
-2 Muscle Band

+1 Shaymin-EX
+1 White Kyurem
+1 Level Ball
+2 Fighting Fury Belt

Pokemon (16)

3 White Kyurem
3 Mew
3 Zubat
3 Golbat
2 Crobat
2 Shaymin-EX

Trainers (32)

4 Professor Sycamore
3 N
1 Lysandre
1 AZ
1 Ninja Boy

4 VS Seeker
4 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
3 Super Scoop Up
2 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Startling Megaphone
1 Escape Rope
1 Super Rod
1 Sacred Ash

2 Dimension Valley

Energy (12)

6 Water Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
2 Fire Energy

Strategy

The focus should be on spreading damage as quickly as possible. With Mew as your Active Pokemon, equipped with a Rainbow Energy, White Kyurem on your bench and a Dimension Valley in play you can use White Kyurem's Burning Icicles attack for 40 + 20 to two of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Consecutive Burning Icicles combined with damage from Golbat and Crobat should put a lot of pressure on your opponent's side of the field, especially if they are playing lots of low HP Basic Pokemon.

The difficulty with this deck will be chaining attacks together as your Mew will probably only last for 1 turn before being KO'd (especially with the 10 damage from Rainbow Energy). For this reason, it may be worth running Fighting Fury Belt over Muscle Band. However, Muscle Band lets you hit 60 damage from Burning Icicles - enough to knock out your opponent's active Pumpkaboo.

Against high HP EX decks, I can see this struggling, but until I've tested it I won't know! Luckily, White Kyurem has a decent second attack to hit for 130.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions. All feedback is welcome.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Alphahitman4

Quad Sylveon Master
What I found yesterday that affected my deck was PHF is being rotated out 9/1/16 so dimension valley and the night march are going to be gone just heads up for you

WastedSkyPirate

What I found yesterday that affected my deck was PHF is being rotated out 9/1/16 so dimension valley and the night march are going to be gone just heads up for you

Hi Alpha!

Yep, I should have clarified - I'm keen to test this deck whilst I still can before rotation hits. Granted, it's a very small window of opportunity!

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I just encountered FCO White Kyurem for the first time yesterday in some online matches yesterday. My opponent used it in his/her Water Box type deck. It is impressive; impressive enough that I will probably pick up a few copies to potentially use myself.

IMO, your list has several areas of concern:

• Too few Mew - which can easily be KOd. Why no Fighting Fury Belts?
  • Too few Dimension Valley. From my experience, most players currently run 3-4 Stadiums.
  • Are the Absol and Jirachi really needed? These seem too situational.
  • Why both Sacred Ash and Super Rod? 2 Super Rod provide greater flexibility.
What about using Hammers to potentially slow your opponent down while you spread damage?

Any thoughts on how your deck will change post-rotation? I believe the following cards will rotate-out:

Crobat
Golbat
Zubat

AZ
Dimension Valley
Muscle Band
Sacred Ash
Startling Megaphone
Super Scoop Up

I hope you find these comments helpful.

WastedSkyPirate

Hi @TuxedoBlack

Thanks for the comments.

I do need to test this but, in my mind, 3 Mew should suffice with 1 Super Rod and 1 Sacred Ash. I'm more concerned as to whether just 2 White Kyurem is enough!

Super Rod may provide more flexibility but I expect I'd rather get back discarded Pokemon than Energy (12 Energy is a fairly high count for a deck that runs on a 2 Energy attack). I don't think 2 Super Rod provides as much Pokemon recovery as I'd like, whereas 2 Sacred Ash would be an unnecessary amount of Pokemon recovery and I wouldn't have a way of getting Energy back.

Jirachi and Absol will need testing. You're right to say that they are situational but Jirachi greatly improves the Night March and Vespiquen matchups, allowing you to stall for a turn and build up some Bats. Plus, Mew can use Stardust for free if Dimension Valley is in play. I'm less convinced about Absol, but it could be the game winner in the latter stages of a match.

I'm only running 2 Dimension Valley as 2 of the top 3 decks (Night March and Trevenant) also run Dimension Valley. 3 would feel a bit clunky I fear. Speaking of which, trying to fudge hammers into this list would be bloating it too much - I'm not a big fan of having too many flip effect cards and, as I've already got Super Scoop Up, I can't see Crushing Hammer being viable.

Muscle Band over Fighting Fury Belt in order to hit 60 and KO Pumpkaboo. I might find Fighting Fury Belt to be better (or a split of some sort) after testing though.

After rotation this deck will die in its current form. I'd opt instead to run a Max Elixir/Energy Switch engine if I wanted to try and make White Kyurem work but for that effort there are much better options out there. Furthermore, the PRC-On metagame is probably going to be big EXs and Mega Pokemon, so a 40+20+20 attack won't take many prizes - especially with the loss of Crobat!

Last edited:

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Have you played this online. Correct me if im wrong but if Rainbow energy can only provide one type of energy at a time and your using mew to attack for one energy with demension vally for mew to attack that energy would have to be water energy and thus you would not get the damage snipe affect.

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
Have you played this online. Correct me if im wrong but if Rainbow energy can only provide one type of energy at a time and your using mew to attack for one energy with demension vally for mew to attack that energy would have to be water energy and thus you would not get the damage snipe affect.
That's a very good point. I am 95% sure you are correct on that

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
I just encountered FCO White Kyurem for the first time yesterday in some online matches yesterday. My opponent used it in his/her Water Box type deck. It is impressive; impressive enough that I will probably pick up a few copies to potentially use myself.

IMO, your list has several areas of concern:

• Too few Mew - which can easily be KOd. Why no Fighting Fury Belts?
  • Too few Dimension Valley. From my experience, most players currently run 3-4 Stadiums.
  • Are the Absol and Jirachi really needed? These seem too situational.
  • Why both Sacred Ash and Super Rod? 2 Super Rod provide greater flexibility.
What about using Hammers to potentially slow your opponent down while you spread damage?

Any thoughts on how your deck will change post-rotation? I believe the following cards will rotate-out:

Crobat
Golbat
Zubat

AZ
Dimension Valley
Muscle Band
Sacred Ash
Startling Megaphone
Super Scoop Up

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Zubat and Golbat were reprinted in Generations. For whatever reason, Crobat wasn't.

WastedSkyPirate

Yeah I had thought that too and need to try it out.

I was going to ask that in the rules section of the forum. Let's see... if it doesn't work then this is dead!

UPDATE: Online it works. If you have Mew active, with Rainbow Energy, White Kyurem on your bench and Dimension Valley in play you can Burning Icicles for 40 + 20 +20.

Last edited:

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
I would still check with the rule forum as just because it works online doesn't mean that its a legal play glitches and oversights do happen

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
Rainbow Energy would work for Burning Icicles. It provides one "unit" of Energy at a time, but it is all types at once. That means that while it provides the one "unit" of Water Energy needed to attack, that same "unit" is also Fire Energy to trigger the additional effect.

This is a neat concept. I think you'd be better off with Fighting Fury Belt since you can use Bats to snipe the extra bits of damage you need anyway, and because the survivability boost to Mew is just too important.

WastedSkyPirate

It provides one "unit" of Energy at a time, but it is all types at once.

@Asclepius24 Thanks for clarifying! That's what I thought but the wording is just vague enough that I wasn't 100%.

I'll test the deck with FFBs and report back :)

EDIT: So far I'd say:

-1 Jirachi (PR #67)
-2 Muscle Band

+1 Shaymin-EX
+2 Fighting Fury Belt

Last edited:

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
That ruling on Rainbow doesn't make sense to me. Mew shouldn't be able to damage the bench with Rainbow/D Valley because it says it only provides 1 energy at a time. Therefore, it should only provide Water to get the attack off. This really needs to be clarified by a smart professor

WastedSkyPirate

That ruling on Rainbow doesn't make sense to me. Mew shouldn't be able to damage the bench with Rainbow/D Valley because it says it only provides 1 energy at a time. Therefore, it should only provide Water to get the attack off. This really needs to be clarified by a smart professor

I'd like to vouch that @Asclepius24 is a smart Professor!

Of course, you're more than welcome to get a second opinion and report back. I'd recommend PokeGym - let me know how you get on!

Last edited:

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
Like I explained, Rainbow Energy provides one "unit" of Energy that is all types simultaneously. I wouldn't offer the explanation if I weren't sure of the answer, but you're free to verify it elsewhere like @WastedSkyPirate mentioned.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Yes. I have this deck and play it. It is a legal trick. Because metal types were popular at the time this deck came out, or my bad luck, I kept getting paired with them. The deck can play prize card exchange but is very allergic to metal and Garbador. Also, DM Valley is rotating. It will slow down a bit. But a great deck that I feel was designed at the wrong time. :0(

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
Like I explained, Rainbow Energy provides one "unit" of Energy that is all types simultaneously. I wouldn't offer the explanation if I weren't sure of the answer, but you're free to verify it elsewhere like @WastedSkyPirate mentioned.
Sorry man didn't realize you were a professor. I don't usually check what badges people have.