• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On: Shiftry / Raichu / Miltank

archangeljuicy

Aspiring Trainer
hey guys i'm back with my deck list that I had since flash fire and made some changes along the way. As of now that we know the rotation for 2015-2016 season, I need help what to change since some of the cards are being rotated and what to else add/remove to make this a better deck. I originally had milotic and verizion in here to help out early on. But as the season went on, it was just to much for this deck to handle the metagame and being tight on space.

Pokemon: 19
  • 4-2-4 Shiftry
  • 2-2 Raichu
  • 2 Miltank
  • 3 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 24
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Target Whistle
  • 2 Sky Field
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 2 Forest of Giant Plants
Energy: 12
  • 8 Grass Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

The strategy is to get shiftry set up with giant plant forest as fast as possible to do big amounts of damage with derrange dance. miltank is here for a good starting attacker for 1 energy. raichu is good for it also being good with sky field as is shiftry and hits the big mons like rayquaza,yveltal and tthe new Lugia ex.

-2 N
-3 skyla
-1 colress
-1 muscle band
-2 silver bangle

+1 giant plant forest
+3 shaymin ex

With these changes I got 5 slots left open.

Last edited:
1 Plant Stadium might not be enough. Currently my skeleton list focuses more on Forest of Giant Plants and Shiftry since his attack counts your opponent's bench as well. I also have Sceptile (non Ancient-Trait) for energy acceleration and Shaymin for draw.

Level Ball is also getting printed in Ancient Origins and since many of your Pokemon of 90 HP or less, I would suggest replacing an Ultra Ball and most Rare Candy to Level Ball. Again, Forest of Giant Plants will speed up your evolutions. I would use Raichu as a secondary attacker.

Silver Bangle won't be legal if you're trying to do Kalos Starter-On. I would suggest replacing them with more Muscle Band.

Keep your older cards in this deck. Because you can easily replace them when the rotation hits. COLRESS FOR 16!

1 Plant Stadium might not be enough. Currently my skeleton list focuses more on Forest of Giant Plants and Shiftry since his attack counts your opponent's bench as well. I also have Sceptile (non Ancient-Trait) for energy acceleration and Shaymin for draw.

Level Ball is also getting printed in Ancient Origins and since many of your Pokemon of 90 HP or less, I would suggest replacing an Ultra Ball and most Rare Candy to Level Ball. Again, Forest of Giant Plants will speed up your evolutions. I would use Raichu as a secondary attacker.

Silver Bangle won't be legal if you're trying to do Kalos Starter-On. I would suggest replacing them with more Muscle Band.

Keep your older cards in this deck. Because you can easily replace them when the rotation hits. COLRESS FOR 16!

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner for mobile won't let me reply to posts and now got access to a computer. now back onto the subject. I did have level ball in my original list,but changed them to 4 ultra balls since most of the pokes didn't benefit from it. Was kinda thinking of adding a 2nd giant plant forest,but wasn't sure. definitely going to change silver bangle to muscle band when rotation hits. My biggest problem is the supporters to replace when the rotation hits getting rid of N & colress.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner for mobile won't let me reply to posts and now got access to a computer. now back onto the subject. I did have level ball in my original list,but changed them to 4 ultra balls since most of the pokes didn't benefit from it. Was kinda thinking of adding a 2nd giant plant forest,but wasn't sure. definitely going to change silver bangle to muscle band when rotation hits. My biggest problem is the supporters to replace when the rotation hits getting rid of N & colress.
If the MewTwo vs Darkrai deck contains a reprint of N, you might still be able to use N in standard. Also at Regionals, Expanded is the format for the whole tournament. And some leagues are Expanded. I wouldn't worry too much about rotation. Like I said, you can easily replace them. Like Ace Trainer for N temporarily until October 21.

Also, stock up on VS Seeker and other cards from Phantom Forces because after 4 sets, Pokemon doesn't print so much of them anymore so the pull rates become crap. Shauna and Sycamore are in that set.

I don't know if this deck needs to use muscle bands or silver bangles. maybe just 3 more basics would be more useful. Exchanging a tool card that would not work against item lock, but otherwise get dropped from your hand pretty easily, to 3 basic pokemon that can add more damage overall and still easily dropped from hand.

Things like Shaymin EX would work well in both boosting consistency and increasing bench size.

I don't know if this deck needs to use muscle bands or silver bangles. maybe just 3 more basics would be more useful. Exchanging a tool card that would not work against item lock, but otherwise get dropped from your hand pretty easily, to 3 basic pokemon that can add more damage overall and still easily dropped from hand.

Things like Shaymin EX would work well in both boosting consistency and increasing bench size.

took your advice,since I updated the deck and saw a slight loss in draw power, which get fixed up by shaymins

Back