• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard XY-On: Mew / Night March + Barbacle

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Mew / Night March + Barbacle
mew.gif
joltik.gif
pumpkaboo.gif
lampent.gif
barbaracle.gif

Pokémon (19)
2 Mew FAC
4 Joltik PHF
4 Pumpkaboo PHF
4 Lampent PHF
1 Barbacle FAC
1 Jirachi XYP
3 Shaymin-EX ROS

Trainers (37)
4 Professor Sycamore
1 Archie's Ace in the Hole
1 N
1 Teammates
1 Lysandre

4 Dimension Valley

4 VS Seeker
4 Battle Compressor
4 Puzzle of Time
4 Ultra Ball
3 Trainers' Mail
1 Fighting Fury Belt
1 Startling Megaphone
1 Escape Rope
1 Float Stone
1 Town Map
1 Paint Roller

Energy (4)
4 Double Colorless Energy

Strategy:
Standard Night March. With Mew + Dimension Valley, you can Stardust for free. Barbaracle is extremely helpful against the ToadTina and the mirror match.

Last edited:

nepeta100

Aspiring Trainer
I like your deck will definitely try it out I think you could cut at least 1 shaymin though 3 seems to be too much

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
I like your deck will definitely try it out I think you could cut at least 1 shaymin though 3 seems to be too much
Having 3-4 Shaymins is really crucial now that N's back in format. Having that extra Shaymin could make the difference after getting N'd with only a Prize or two left.

Kecleon-X

124c41+
Have you considered playing a Paint Roller for the mirror, or any other deck with Dimensional Valley for that matter? That way, you could discard their Dimensional Valley to play your own, activating Barbaracle and effectively locking the stadium in play.

nepeta100

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah keckleons right you need some way to get rid of your opponents stadium if theyre also using dimensional valley also Phantom force is right on the edge of being rotated out it cause I'm pretty sure there are not any night march reprints so this deck might be only standard for a short time unless we get japans premium collection pack but that would most likely be a few months after the rotation

edit also have you checked out the most recent article about fates collide decks what do you think about that deck compared to this one

Last edited:

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Have you considered playing a Paint Roller for the mirror, or any other deck with Dimensional Valley for that matter? That way, you could discard their Dimensional Valley to play your own, activating Barbaracle and effectively locking the stadium in play.

Yeah keckleons right you need some way to get rid of your opponents stadium if theyre also using dimensional valley also Phantom force is right on the edge of being rotated out it cause I'm pretty sure there are not any night march reprints so this deck might be only standard for a short time unless we get japans premium collection pack but that would most likely be a few months after the rotation

edit also have you checked out the most recent article about fates collide decks what do you think about that deck compared to this one

Why not a delinquent in the deck. Also, hex should help too.

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
Hex would not help at all, it ruins the side strategy. No abilities, no use for barbaracal

TheSceptileMaster

Gastrodon ate my cake
I would cut 1 Archies and add 1 Town Map
This is because wasting precious space on just Barbaracle via Archie isn't needed so 1 archie is adequate.
Town Map however helps you get your prize cards more efficeniently and set up faster.
How I know, I played Night March for 7 months

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Hex would not help at all, it ruins the side strategy. No abilities, no use for barbaracal

True, but allows you to play your DCE for a turn, and if you are stuck, it will really give a helping hand

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
Lol that's another point without fee DCE drops from your hand you can't do anything so barbaracal imo is the worst partner for night March.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Lol that's another point without fee DCE drops from your hand you can't do anything so barbaracal imo is the worst partner for night March.
Barbaracle only prevents your opponent from playing Special Energy. And if you really don't like Barbaracle, don't run it, or maybe use Marowak.

Ok, thanks for the advice!
-1 Archie's Ace in the Hole
-1 Hex Maniac
-1 Fighting Fury Belt

+1 Paint Roller
+1 Dimension Valley
+1 Town Map

87mcben

Fighting Chicken
You should maybe try making room for basic lightning or psychic energy. You can night march with one energy with the mew if joltik is on the bench.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
I've been testing Barbacle some. I've noticed that he is best played with a mixture of stadiums from 4 to 5. Having multiple different kinds of stadiums + 5 of them in the deck does prevent the special energy drop. Having the same kind of one stadium will create bad match ups, making him worthless. Though I haven't found the right friend combination yet, I think there will be future cards that will help him out a bit.