• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Xurkitree-GX/Vileplume

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 23
4x Xurkitree-GX
2x Vileplume AOR
3x Oddish BUS
4x Electrode EVO
4x Voltorb XY
3x Tapu Lele-GX
2x Shaymin-EX
1x Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX

Trainers: 31
4x Professor Sycamore
3x Ace Trainer
2x Plumeria

4x Trainers’ Mail
4x Ultra Ball
4x Level Ball
4x Acro Bike
2x Float Stone
2x Fighting Fury Belt
3x Rare Candy

Energy: 5
5x Lightning Energy

An interesting idea that I had that appears to counter the DCE/Strong Energy Expanded meta by locking Items with Vileplume and providing Special Energy walling, steady offense, mill and a broken GX attack. A 4-4 line of Electrode ensures we can power up Xurkitree to use Rumbling Wires in one turn and gives us access to Ace Trainer without endangering our situation too much because the goal of this deck is to not let your opponent be able to attack through hindering their set-up and blocking the majority of their Pokémon. With this deck you just have to take the loss to Turtonator but that sees very little play anymore and Lonzoroark, while difficult because of the Muk, is not unwinnable.

Will test now. Funny how I have all the cards for this. Sounds like a cool idea, but isnt Seismitoad/Giratina just better? But I can see where you come from. I think 4 level Ball isnt required. You can't use it after you up Vileplume, so I think 3 might be enough. Sounds good.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Will test now. Funny how I have all the cards for this. Sounds like a cool idea, but isnt Seismitoad/Giratina just better? But I can see where you come from. I think 4 level Ball isnt required. You can't use it after you up Vileplume, so I think 3 might be enough. Sounds good.
Thank you so much! I would love for you to test this!

I think 4 Level Ball is good because it fetches your Oddish, Voltorb and Electrode and you really need to be getting all of those into your hand in the first few turns so you are under a lot of pressure to be able to play the Level Ball. This deck outdoes Seismitoad/Giratina IMO because you wall Special Energy and Items at the same time but its undoubtedly more clunky.

Thank you so much! I would love for you to test this!

I think 4 Level Ball is good because it fetches your Oddish, Voltorb and Electrode and you really need to be getting all of those into your hand in the first few turns so you are under a lot of pressure to be able to play the Level Ball. This deck outdoes Seismitoad/Giratina IMO because you wall Special Energy and Items at the same time but its undoubtedly more clunky.
Yeah you might be right. Only can get it out turn 2 since no FOGP. But since you have all the crazy draw power, I feel like you can draw eneough Level Balls with that and even get the pokemon you need with just drawing.