• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Xurkitree-GX // Lightning Tool Box - Help Needed

Tom Jerman

make tangrowth gx now
Going to league tournament with friend and I need to know this list is good much help appreciated.
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 17
* 3 Magnemite BKT 51
* 3 Magnezone BKT 54
* 2 Raikou BKT 55
* 1 Raikou SLG 32
* 2 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 47
* 2 Xurkitree-GX PR-SM SM68
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
##Trainer Cards - 33
* 1 Skyla BCR 134
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Aether Paradise Conservation Area GRI 116
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 N FCO 105
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
##Energy - 10
* 10 Lightning Energy 4
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Looks good but I would try and up the blower count because Garb is a threat.

-1 APCA
-1 Alolan Vulpix
-1 Raikou SHL (magnezone is enough acceleration)

+1 Clemont
+1 Field Blower
+1 Ultra Ball

I would...

Add:
1 Energy Recycler
1 Ultra Ball (you should always have 4)
1 Super rod
1 Bridgette

Remove
1 Alolan Vulpix
1 Acerola
1 Rescue Stretcher
1 APCA

I would also try to add more energies if I were you and even draw support like Oranguru (maybe someone else can chime in on this?). It certainly is an intriguing deck list though I may try it out online :)

Definitely use a Pikachu EX. It's your big one shot guy, and it should be easily put to use. Definitely play Energy Retrieval, since Super Rod is your only way of getting Energy back, and especially in Rain Dance archetypes, you have to easily be able to build something up when you need to.

Definitely use a Pikachu EX. It's your big one shot guy, and it should be easily put to use. Definitely play Energy Retrieval, since Super Rod is your only way of getting Energy back, and especially in Rain Dance archetypes, you have to easily be able to build something up when you need to.
Just to clarify for them, which Pikachu EX?

Pretty sure there's only one. The RA, and the FA. Either way, It's the one with Overspark, that does 50 damage x the amount of Lightning Energy attached to it and discards all of them
There are 2, the one from the Legendary Collection Box/R&B Collection and the tin. I know you specified which one already but I just wanted to let you know there are 2 different Pikachu EXes

I never even realized that the tin promo was different from the other 2. I always thought it was the same. I've never even read the other one until now. Now I feel dumb

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 16
* 3 Magnemite BKT 51
* 3 Magnezone BKT 54
* 1 Raikou SLG 32
* 1 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 47
* 3 Xurkitree-GX PR-SM SM68
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 1 Staryu BKP 25
* 1 Starmie EVO 31
##Trainer Cards - 34
* 1 Skyla BCR 134
* 2 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 N FCO 105
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
##Energy - 10
* 10 Lightning Energy 4
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

some cards in this deck i still need. if anyone is willing to donate a third xurkitree and maybe leles;) i would really appreciate it

Have you thought about adding Hala into your deck? If the goal is to Xurkitree's GX early then you can obtain more cards in your hand without discarding anything that is needed. Hala has been beneficial for me which using N isn't optimal because my opponent is down to a few cards and I don't want to give them any more while trying to better my current position.

With the inclusion of 4 rare candies, 2 Acerola, rescue stretcher, and Tapu-Koko GX then you don't have much that can be discarded that you don't need.

I'd love your thoughts on the idea.

Maybe
- 1 N
- 1 Sycamore
+2 Hala

Ok I've got to say this deck doesn't seem like it would work against anything that has ways around Xukitree's ability because that's all the deck has going for it. You don't do good damage inherently (your highest damage attack is from a single Koko GX everything else is 100 or less). Your pokemon line is either Xukitree or support for xukitree so if Xukitree doesn't work then the deck falls apart (which makes me question why you are calling your deck Xukitree Box since box implies its a tool box deck which it's anything but)

So if a deck shuts off abilities or runs a good amount of basic energy then your deck doesn't work. That is a lot of decks

I've just merged a few posts from a duplicate thread in the TCG Competitive Play (which has since been deleted) with this thread. Please don't create duplicate threads for the same discussion in future. :) ~bbninjas

Ok I've got to say this deck doesn't seem like it would work against anything that has ways around Xukitree's ability because that's all the deck has going for it. You don't do good damage inherently (your highest damage attack is from a single Koko GX everything else is 100 or less). Your pokemon line is either Xukitree or support for xukitree so if Xukitree doesn't work then the deck falls apart (which makes me question why you are calling your deck Xukitree Box since box implies its a tool box deck which it's anything but)

So if a deck shuts off abilities or runs a good amount of basic energy then your deck doesn't work. That is a lot of decks

when it comes to garb you can just field blower. I playtest against buzzwole garb so I tested ways around it.

There are 2, the one from the Legendary Collection Box/R&B Collection and the tin. I know you specified which one already but I just wanted to let you know there are 2 different Pikachu EXes
Isn't there an Overspark one, a Thunderbolt 130 damage one, and a Thunderbolt 160 damage one? Either way, I know there are three. Now some nut is gonna walk in and see us counting Pikas and go, "No, there are FOUR!"

not to be rude but I'm using this thread for my deck and I would appreciate help on it instead of you guys just coming here to talk about pikachuso_O

Back