Pokemon XL vs XS Pokémon - Does Size Matter?

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Hey guys, so you might have noticed that the Pokémon you catch come in different heights and weights. If your Pokémon is at one end of these extremes, you'll find an "XL" or "XS" bubble next to those values.

There's been rumors that say that XL Pokémon tend to have higher HP as they gain CP. I just wanted to know if this was true. And if it's not, I feel bad for all the XS Pokémon I've released.

What I'm getting at is I don't know whether to go ahead and start powering up a high-CP Pokémon that's XS or take the extra time to train a low-CP Pokémon that's XL because it'll be stronger in the long run. Right now, I have:
  • Pidgey CP: 88 / Height and Weight: XS
  • Pidgey CP: 10 / Weight: XL
Which do I keep? Which do I evolve?

Thanks guys!

I'd honestly evolve the higher CP one because it has more initial potential. You'll have to waste a lot of stardust to get the other one up to par.

There are some people saying that XL Pokémon hit harder while XS Pokémon dodge attacks more easily. I don't know what to believe anymore! Dx

There is no confirmation about anything regarding the Pokemon Size.
Although I do find it logically that smaller Pokemon dodge faster..I guess we'll have to wait to gain more info.

I think a few people in a Pokémon Go Facebook group confirmed that there is no correlation. They had two different weights at the same level and raised them, only to find no difference in HP.

Back