• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Xerneas (BKT) / Bronzong / Golurk

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
This Decklist for Rainbow Force Xerneas came from inspiration in this decklist:

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/xerneas-bkt.127383/#post-2765844

Pokémon: 16
  • 3 Xerneas (Breakthrough)
  • 2 Golett
  • 2 Golurk (Ancient Trait)
  • 2 Bronzor (Breakthrough)
  • 2 Bronzong (Metal Links)
  • 2 Dedenne
  • 2 Smeargle
  • 1 Druddigon (Revenge)
Trainers: 33
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Brigette
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Teammates
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear
  • 2 Heavy Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Dimension Valley
Energy: 11
  • 3 Fairy Energy
  • 4 Metal Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

Setup your field so that you have a full enough bench that can keep streaming energy upon Xerneas and Golurk. Once you do, you have a great amount of options to put pressure on opponents:

- Xerneas's Rainbow Force is the lead attacker, which can 1-Hit quite a lot of the metagame with the right bench.
- Golurk has dual typing, and is good for boosting Xerneas's Attack. It also has great typing to attack on its own, so I put 2 Dimension Valley to help.
- Dedenne is great for pivoting against night march and can also fill your bench.
- Drudiggon can also work to Pivot against many attackers, and can be on the bench as a different type with Dedenne.
- Bronzong is for energy acceleration. I usually need just one on the bench, and it still works great for this deck.
- Smeargle is to change energy around for Xerneas. It's a very important part of this Deck, as it allows for an Xerneas to attack right away on the same turn it is benched. It also keeps Metal energy in the discard so other Pokemon can be energy accelerated by Bronzong.

The complexity of the deck is quite baffling, and it can really catch opponents off-guard. I usually win the prize battle as well. Hex Maniac can really slow it down, though...

You may post any ideas for this deck if you wish.

Fouda

Aspiring Trainer
Have you thought about Primal Clash Bunnelby or Durant (chip off. I can't remember the set). I've seen this deck run with golurk and using skyfield but using the dimension valley is interesting. Perhaps Primal Clash Ninetales to lock in your stadium? Just throwing ideas out there for you
Out of curiosity have you tested much with this deck? I'm interested in running one similar to it but I am concerned about draw support

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Have you thought about Primal Clash Bunnelby or Durant (chip off. I can't remember the set). I've seen this deck run with golurk and using skyfield but using the dimension valley is interesting. Perhaps Primal Clash Ninetales to lock in your stadium? Just throwing ideas out there for you
Out of curiosity have you tested much with this deck? I'm interested in running one similar to it but I am concerned about draw support

I have indeed been playing this deck online... and it's really good! I'm finding that sky field is a bit of a stretch to use, as Golurk itself can handle several megas for weakness, and the full bench with it and a Muscle Band gives Xerneas the power to deal 210 Damage anyways. I can potentially raise that to 230 with the Giovanni's Scheme if I needed to.

Another thing is that Dimension Valley is a rather situational card: You only need to play it when you're ready to attack with Golurk, so it's not quite worth using Ninetales to lock the stadium.

In many ways, I wish particular cards had different typings, just so I could tech them in easier without conflicting with other types. Bunnelby/Durant end up conflicting with Smeargle/Bronzong, so I'm not sure how that could work... Zoroark could be nice in this deck, though I usually limit my evolution card chains just for consistency.

Anyways, feel free to post your decklist here, or show me a link of it if you already have it posted in the garage, and I might help you with it. I'm quite happy with the draw consistency of this deck, even without the Shaymins.