XY X / Y Soundtrack Now Available on iTunes for $10 USD!

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
https://itunes.apple.com/en/album/pokemon-x-pokemon-y-super/id741190064

This hasn't hit the front page yet, so yeah. :X

Also, there's this from the post on the official site:

Pokemon.com said:
More Pokémon video game soundtracks are on the way in 2014. Stay tuned to Pokemon.com for more details!

RE: XY soundtrack now available on iTunes for $10 USD!

In the process of downloading it now. I'm glad they are doing this. Its much better than having to go to Youtube when you want to listen to songs from Pokemon games.

I think it's hilarious how some of the 4-14 second sound clips are still available for purchase and aren't "Album Only." I can picture myself or some other poor, careless saps mistakingly buy a 0:14 PR track instead of, say, the Champion Theme for the same price.

Then again, not much point in buying single tracks considering all 200-something cost ten bucks versus a dollar for each track individually!

Chariblaze said:
https://itunes.apple.com/en/album/pokemon-x-pokemon-y-super/id741190064

This hasn't hit the front page yet, so yeah. :X

Also, there's this from the post on the official site:

Pokemon.com said:
More Pokémon video game soundtracks are on the way in 2014. Stay tuned to Pokemon.com for more details!

Apparently, the press release that was issued on Tuesday by The Pokemon Company International states that the video game soundtracks launching in 2014 will be music from the following games:
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Pokemon Black and White
Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

So it seems they'll be backtracking and finally giving us all the past soundtracks that were previously exclusive to Japan. Sweetness :D

CMP said:
I think it's hilarious how some of the 4-14 second sound clips are still available for purchase and aren't "Album Only." I can picture myself or some other poor, careless saps mistakingly buy a 0:14 PR track instead of, say, the Champion Theme for the same price.

Then again, not much point in buying single tracks considering all 200-something cost ten bucks versus a dollar for each track individually!

Exactly! That's like $211.99 if you purchased each individually. Why would would anyone do that? When you could just purchase the entire album for only $9.99 and save that $200 for the other soundtracks coming as well as future games! That would be the logical smart thing to do, of course.

Oh man, this is awesome. I remember looking for these soundtracks on iTunes as a young kid and I was so upset when there weren't any. ;-; Now my wish has come true. Thank you, Jirachi! xD

I'm so hyped to buy DPP's soundtrack. From those games I have the best memories. I still remember walking down the streets of Jubilife and being so amazed by the atmosphere the music gives. :3

I went to Amazon looking for this, and instead found this very poor cover.

http://www.amazon.com/Theme-From-Pok%C3%A9mon/dp/B004UXYB9E/ref=sr_1_59?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1384563492&sr=1-59&keywords=pokemon

Gah. I missed having an iphone. My Samsung S4 only has Amazon Mp3 which didn't yield any results for the soundtrack... So lame... well guess I'll hit the Youtube app for those extended tracks of Team Flare Boss and Legendary Battle and then get sick of it at the 15 minute mark and realize I can't change or skip as I'm driving down the highway.

Joking aside I will buy the album off iTunes and eventually convert it for my stupid competitive phone.

Got the collection the day it was released and let me tell you something. This soundtrack is amazing. Buy it. Now.

I could have sworn that there was a previous announcement a while back saying that these would be available for free.

Pineapple X said:
I'm so hyped to buy DPP's soundtrack. From those games I have the best memories. I still remember walking down the streets of Jubilife and being so amazed by the atmosphere the music gives. :3

Oh, man. The DP era was the best. Because of you, I'll be listening to Jubilife's soundtrack for the next week. :p

This is a really, really good idea. I can't believe they didn't do this sooner. I might actually have to buy some of these.

MrSquarepants said:
Gah. I missed having an iphone. My Samsung S4 only has Amazon Mp3 which didn't yield any results for the soundtrack... So lame... well guess I'll hit the Youtube app for those extended tracks of Team Flare Boss and Legendary Battle and then get sick of it at the 15 minute mark and realize I can't change or skip as I'm driving down the highway.

Joking aside I will buy the album off iTunes and eventually convert it for my stupid competitive phone.

You don't have to convert anything. Connect to USB file transfer mode. Drag and drop. It's that simple.
(I recommend Google Play Music, though)

This soundtrack is truly incredible. I was so excited to see that the release would come to itunes and even more excited to find out the price was only 9.99. I would have guessed at least 24.99 to compare with the prices for the Japanese CD versions (I bought the DP Music Collection from overseas back when that came out and it was around 30 bucks US).

Breakfast Cereal said:
Pineapple X said:

Oh, man. The DP era was the best. Because of you, I'll be listening to Jubilife's soundtrack for the next week. :p

This is a really, really good idea. I can't believe they didn't do this sooner. I might actually have to buy some of these.

MrSquarepants said:

You don't have to convert anything. Connect to USB file transfer mode. Drag and drop. It's that simple.

Actually when I drag it to the folder, it asks me "in order to copy this file we need to convert it. Would you like to proceed? Yes (RECOMMENDED)" which is what I meant by convert... but sometimes doing it this way causes the tracks to skip. :S

Ive listened to this soundtrack almost every day! Cant wait for them to release the soundtracks for the older generations!

Can this be bought on Disk? Or can it only be downloaded?

It's rather unlikely that the soundtrack would be released on physical media like a CD anyway. CDs are a dying format, and they're rather expensive to produce and distribute compared to a digital distribution method. There wouldn't be enough interest in non-digital-only consumers to justify it.

XY soundtrack now available on iTunes for $10 USD!

Definitely going to grab this, there are some great tunes in x y.

MrSquarepants said:
Breakfast Cereal said:

Actually when I drag it to the folder, it asks me "in order to copy this file we need to convert it. Would you like to proceed? Yes (RECOMMENDED)" which is what I meant by convert... but sometimes doing it this way causes the tracks to skip. :S

I'm sure you've already figured this out but just in case:
converting it should be no problem. If you're worried, make a copy of the file and convert one of them. That way if it messes up nothing gets lost :) Also there's plenty of converters online that you can use as well. No shortage of options here!

CMP said:

EXACTLY what I was thinking...I feel sorry for the little kids that might accidentally download them individually instead...

I wish that they would extend some of the town and battle themes for a little bit longer, but then again, you can always put them on 'repeat once'.

Artemis said:
It's rather unlikely that the soundtrack would be released on physical media like a CD anyway. CDs are a dying format, and they're rather expensive to produce and distribute compared to a digital distribution method. There wouldn't be enough interest in non-digital-only consumers to justify it.

True, but I'm a little old fashioned and wouldn't mind one, maybe special order will be available sometime in the future.

Back