X & Y Rule Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritomb

Aspiring Trainer
I may actually quit the game over this. Errataing Pokemon catcher is like errataing mewtwo ex. You just don't mess with certain cards. Now there is no true printings of catcher. Why not let the card cycle? And Sycamore's effect is lazy which resorts to a stupid reprint. If they wanted a modified reprint then should've cycled Juniper also. I'll reserve judgement for America's ruling here.

http://pokebeach.com/2013/09/rules-changes-coming-with-xy-tcg

A better example is Wizards placing an errata on black lotus to where the opponent can counter this by paying 2 life.

RE: x+y rule changes.

A tad overdramatic there.

Keep in mind that unlike the US, Japan usually after their second set of cards run at league an -On series, so this is clearly to actually balance out the game for even more mechanics which are still totally unknown at this point for the XY-Era.

Just be patient. One errata over a very hyped and powerful card might be because it'd make the game unfairly balanced during the crossover period due to other cards. It's a little too early to be pointing fingers and throwing away decks over one rule.

Why does this even warrant a thread lol.

The changes are stupid, but only because Tropical Beach is a thing, and I'm not Heisenberg so I don't have the money for them.

Blui said:

The changes are stupid, but only because Tropical Beach is a thing, and I'm not Heisenberg so I don't have the money for them.

Did you just throw a little Breaking Bad in my Pokemon? XD anyways, IMO, I'm fairly certain that we will see the changes here in the West as well. Something as big as catcher being changed is 99% likely to take effect here probably. It is also true that no one even knows what the XY sets will entail. Chances are that there will be some new Catcher/Pokemon Reversal reprint in XY (at least that is what I think) I feel like part of the reason they also made an errata onto Catcher was due to the trouble people went into getting it pre-PBL. It still makes me question how much planning actually goes into coordinating their releases though. Even in Japan, the Megalo Cannon wasn't released THAT long ago.

As for the whole "no attacking T1" thing, I suppose that's fair. To my knowledge, the whole T1 things is fairly new (I started in March with PLS) so I haven't played in a format like this before, but I don't mind personally.

I'm also kind of upset with the Sycamore card. They made him look so cool and usually the card effects somewhat relate to the characters (ex. seeing Juniper in the start of a video game is like a "fresh start" or new hand of 7) so to see a lazy reskin to me is lame and I was hoping for a new and exciting supporter.

Overall, the changes are still new and this is all my personal opinion and speculation, so we'll just have to wait and see

GigaPlease said:
Blui said:

Did you just throw a little Breaking Bad in my Pokemon? XD anyways, IMO, I'm fairly certain that we will see the changes here in the West as well. Something as big as catcher being changed is 99% likely to take effect here probably. It is also true that no one even knows what the XY sets will entail. Chances are that there will be some new Catcher/Pokemon Reversal reprint in XY (at least that is what I think) I feel like part of the reason they also made an errata onto Catcher was due to the trouble people went into getting it pre-PBL. It still makes me question how much planning actually goes into coordinating their releases though. Even in Japan, the Megalo Cannon wasn't released THAT long ago.

As for the whole "no attacking T1" thing, I suppose that's fair. To my knowledge, the whole T1 things is fairly new (I started in March with PLS) so I haven't played in a format like this before, but I don't mind personally.

I'm also kind of upset with the Sycamore card. They made him look so cool and usually the card effects somewhat relate to the characters (ex. seeing Juniper in the start of a video game is like a "fresh start" or new hand of 7) so to see a lazy reskin to me is lame and I was hoping for a new and exciting supporter.

Overall, the changes are still new and this is all my personal opinion and speculation, so we'll just have to wait and see

but the problem is in the games X and Y u dont get the new kalos region starters from him, you get them from one of your in-game friends (NPC's)..you get one of the gen 1 starters from the Prof. (cant remember where that is on pokebeach..if rumors or not) but it was talked about when they showed the mega's for gen 1 starters and about where you get the kalos starters.

so my point is this prof. is not a fresh starter..per say , if that is how things r going to play out in the game with getting gen 6 starters first from friends (NPC's) and then gen 1 starters from the prof..later after a town or 2 with some pokemon and maybe a badge or 2 under the belt. maybe they shoud of made it like bianca or cheren. kind of like adding to your team already.

GigaPlease said:
Blui said:

Juniper is actually prof Oak reskin as the effect is same. (Well... Oak was a trainer, but...) but IMO they should call these card just "pokemon professor" and use difrent pics.

RE: X & Y Rule Changes.

Nolla said:
Juniper is actually prof Oak reskin as the effect is same. (Well... Oak was a trainer, but...) but IMO they should call these card just "pokemon professor" and use difrent pics.
I do like the idea of just giving the discard hand, draw 7 cards series of supporters a standard name, but "Pokemon Professor" would probably be deemed too confusing by the company. Can't think of any alternatives to have them keep the same name across the board, though.

RE: X & Y Rule Changes.

Did you seriously create a duplicate topic for a news story article?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back