Worst Way to Lose a Game

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
successfully using find a friend and getting Roserade... then the next turn using rare candi into Bellosom.. because you were too tired to remember that you want to trainer lock them.

I took 0 prizes that game.

States last year, I was 5-2 in an 8 round swiss for top 16... I was playing Arceus VS Gyarados. I notice he has 2 BTS in the discard with one out on the field. I see the Judge in my hand and the Ultimate zone stadium... I play down the Judge first. =( he has rescue energy on Gyarados, and I KO it. he promotes crobat G, drops the gyarados instantly, poketurns, and takes the last prize. I was down to 1 prize at that point. I had the win the next turn since the only way to have beaten me at that point would have been to get a 4th BTS on the field after a Judge. which was unlikely. I wiffed on making it to top cut and bringing Arceus against all those Garchomps.

Blui

lv85 paladin
Durant Donks ((durant with DCE)won't happen but if it did... OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH YYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH)

Doomkid360

Aspiring Trainer
I had a horrible lose earlier today.

1) using PONT to put back one card, and draw the rest of your deck.

2) killing off your own benched pokemon with Donphan's Earthquake. (Always forget about my Cleffas)

Gistica

Hit me up for any questions about Competitive Play
I was playing Zeels against Mewbox at states, he tells me he has the win in hand. Accidentally plays down Juniper. I don't let him take it back. i win next turn.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Round 1 at States I play against Durant. I start lone Regigigas. I attach Grass. He goes, Crushing Hammer heads. I attach another grass and play Dual Ball. Tails tails. He uses Crushing Hammer. Heads. I attach a third Grass and he whiffs the Hammer. I attach DCE and start KOing Durants. He gets another Crushing Hammer. Heads. He starts building up Cobalion, but I catcher it up before it's charged and he makes the mistake of using Energy Press to damage my Regigigas and put his Cobalion in OHKO range. Before doing so, he uses his 4th Crushing Hammer. Heads. That leaves me with 2 energy on Regigigas. I Switch for Celebi, Super Rod back three grass, and Juniper to hit three energy. I'm like, "yes! I'll win if I put these two energy on Regigigas."

However, I always played with FA Regis and normal Tornadus before that day. However, I finally got some of my own Regi and Tornadus, so I didn't have to borrow them anymore. My Regis are normal and my Tornadus are FA. So I Forest and attach to Tornadus, thinking it's Regigigas. Afterward, I wonder why I have 4 energy on my Tornadus. I realize my mistake and instantly tilt, which makes me KO his Durant on the bench instead of hitting Cobalion for 70 damage. If I hadn't made any of those mistakes, OR if he had gotten 3/4 or less Crushing Hammer heads, I would have had game. :(

I dropped after the next round because I was so frustrated and continued to make stupid plays.

alex

Miss the game
Round 2 at States, I'm playing against this weird Cobalion/Regigigas with ZekEels.

He has a Cobalion with an Eviolite and 2 Sp. Metal benched. I set up a Zekrom EX, Catcher up the Cobalion, and Strong Volt, completely passing by the Sp. Metals. The worst part is that I have the Pluspower in hand. So now instead of KOing, it still has 10 hp left.

So the next turn I bring up Tyrogue and attack with that, AGAIN forgetting the Sp. Metals. I mean, once is a stupid mistake, twice is just pathetic. I did end up winning the game though, which is good :p.

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
When your opponent makes a big deal that he is out of Prisms, and uses Mischievous Trick to put a card on the top of his deck (last Prism prized). You decide to N him, and he gets a Twins. When N'd, we look at the top card of the deck just for the fun of it, but it is a Catcher. During his turn, he uses Twins, gets the Prism, and knocks out my Mewtwo EX. He then Devours the rest of my deck.

Top 8 match right there^

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Glaceon said:
When your opponent makes a big deal that he is out of Prisms, and uses Mischievous Trick to put a card on the top of his deck (last Prism prized). You decide to N him, and he gets a Twins. When N'd, we look at the top card of the deck just for the fun of it, but it is a Catcher. During his turn, he uses Twins, gets the Prism, and knocks out my Mewtwo EX. He then Devours the rest of my deck.

Top 8 match right there^

In top 8 you look at the top card!?

RogueChomp

Team DBT
In States, my opponent lost because:
a. He missed the donk (4 tails on Dual ball)
b. in all he got 7 tails on Dual Ball flips.
c. He never drew into a Skyarrow.
Now that's unlucky. He couldn't retreat his Celebi half the game.

jhaze

Aspiring Trainer
At nationals one of my friends was playing agianst a Yamega deck. So he goes on the first or second turn and eeeks and draws trash, then the opponet uses linear attack. Cleffa stays asleep for 11 turns while the other player proceeds to linear attack to wipe out my friends bench. Cleffa finally wakes up to a sconicboom to the face.

Cimurph

Rookie Year
1. Playing 18 pokemon in my deck and seeing every single one without hitting a supporter. (Including not hitting a supporter off of portrait, ever)

2. Ning my opponent out of crap and into juniper (off 1 card)

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
My opponent used Vanilluxe ND's slipppery soles' ability and switched to his Kyurem, I had a pretty injured Donphan but for SOME reason, the first thought that went into my head was, "Oh baby! None of his benched Pokemon can KO me!" So I BROUGHT THE DONPHAN UP, and he retreated his Kyurem using the two {W} energy that I was COMPLETELY oblivious too in my excitement, and goes to Kyurem EX to knock me out >: [ .

JPN Gallade

That dream... make it come true!
I'd say the worst way to lose games are the following:

- Making a misplay that can cost a game: One example of this that happened to me was in Chicago Autumn BRs this year. Apparently, I could've made my match with a Beartic/Reuniclus/Vileplume deck easier if I went for the Outrage to KO a Beartic when I had enough damage on my Reshiram earlier in the match. It does hurt when you make a wrong move that costs you the game, but one thing to always keep in mind is that misplays teach you to learn from your mistakes.

- Getting donked- It's never a pleasant feeling when you get donked because you won't get a full blown game with that person. I've been Machamp SF donked, Sableye donked, Tyrogue donked, Zekrom donked, and Thundurus donked thus far; boy, did they not feel pleasant.

- Getting decked out- The feeling of getting decked out is just like getting donked if you ask me. I remember I got decked out by a Magmortar/Emboar deck in a side event in nationals last year, and my opponent went out bragging about it (which annoyed me both ways). Of course, I've also been decked out by Durant, and that happened to me during the Chicago City Marathon this year. It was the first day of that very marathon, and round 4, I had to go against Jason Klyzinski and his Durant (I was running Eelzone). It was not a pleasant experience against the deck. He catchered my Eelektriks non-stop, and I couldn't hit switches often. He also kept getting lucky with his Crush Hammers, and with that, I literally had no way out of the lock, allowing him to freely play things out to the point I'm decked out. Luckily, it was my only loss in swiss that day, and I didn't had to face it in top cut either, but still, Durant is one very annoying deck.

DecaDang

Gravimetric
Today I topdecked a Twins to get an Eelektrik and Switch for the last two prizes with Zekrom against a 150 damage hitting Shaymin-EX. Good stuff.

sillykyle

boop
Playing at nationals, opponent shows up late, you get a prize penalty, your opponent proceeds to donk you with Candy+Gallade+Sramble Energy. This didn't happen to me, I just heard about it in a thread a while back.

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
sillykyle said:
Playing at nationals, opponent shows up late, you get a prize penalty, your opponent proceeds to donk you with Candy+Gallade+Sramble Energy. This didn't happen to me, I just heard about it in a thread a while back.

Being late can't be a prize penalty. After the round starts, they can no longer win on time and if they show up 5 minutes after the round starts, it's a game loss.

The Yoshi

Wumbo
When your opponent N's you at a tournament and you realize they've played two Supporters in one turn. This is, of course, after you shuffle your hand into your deck. This has not happened to me. ;D

Another one is when a sleeve breaks during a match and you do not have a replacement for it, nor does anyone else. You lose in top cut because you didn't have enough time to de-sleeve every card due to the 30 mins that had already passed.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
sillykyle said:
Reminds me of something that happened to me.
My opponent was late and the TO thought being late was 10 minutes. My opponent shows up and I effectively get donked.

I swear, I should have won that game.