• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Wormadam deck - Masters, Japanese tournaments

Kailem

Aspiring Trainer
Hello. I'm a new member of Pokebeach, but I've been playing the TCG on and off for years. I recently moved to Japan and need something to keep me busy, so I decided to start playing the TCG once again.

This is a deck that I heard about from PokemanDanLv45 from his great PokeClass youtube show (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewZLR7lxW30 ) I had been exploring other decks that I wanted to make, but this one seemed fun, interesting, not too popular, and affordable, which covers my goals for a deck I wanted to play... at least initially.

I know some of the choices are a bit strange, and I would appreciate any and all input.

Redshark 3.71 Deck List
Date: Fri Oct 22 12:26:54 2010

Name: Worms
Comments:

TOTAL CARDS: 60

POKEMON: 19
Stage 1: 10
2 : Mothim, MD-42
2 : Wormadam Sandy Cloak, AR-50
2 : Wormadam Plant Cloak, AR-49
2 : Mothim, AR-6
2 : Wormadam Trash Cloak, AR-51
Basic: 9
3 : Burmy Trash Cloak, AR-58
3 : Burmy Plant Cloak, AR-56
3 : Burmy Sandy Cloak, AR-57

TRAINERS: 25
Supporters: 13
3 : Bebe's Search, RR-89
4 : Professor Oak's New Theory, GS-101
2 : Cynthia's Feelings, LA-131
4 : Pokemon Collector, GS-97
Other: 12
4 : Energy Exchanger
4 : Pokemon Communication
2 : Pokemon Rescue
2 : Warp Point

ENERGY: 16
Special Energy: 8
2 : Metal Energy, UD-80
4 : Double Colorless Energy, GS-103
2 : Metal Energy (sp), RR-100
Basic Energy: 8
4 : Grass Energy, GS-115
4 : Fighting Energy, GS-120

Strategy:
Try to start with any burmy and evolve to AR Mothim first turn. Search for Burmy and Wormadam, whatever you need, to fill the bench with 1 of each. Either attack with Wormadam Sandy cloak for 90 damage, or either plant or trash coat if they'll be useful, or Mothim MD for 90. Smeargle is there for when a poke gets KOd. Use a supporter, then retreat with Unown Q. Raticate seems like an interesting card. 1 energy for 30 damage and remove a special energy card. Might come in handy, and might be deadly with an expert belt, but 80 HP is terrible.

Like I said, advice is greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has any experience or advice about playing the card game in Japan, please share! Either PM me or post in this thread, if that's ok. Thanks!

Edit: Took out any non-Burmy pokemon, and adjusted the trainer line.

RE: Wormadam deck - Japanese tournaments

If you start with burmy, you cant use the power. Maybe add a chatot MD as a prefferred start, since it has free retreat, so you can put down burmy and evolve right there.

RE: Wormadam deck - Japanese tournaments

I think there was a ruling saying you could evolve it, even starting IIRC. I may be wrong though.

You're going to need to add the Divison to the Title. Thanks.

dmaster out.

@minimidget94: Yes, you are allowed to evolve Burmy on your first turn (I know for sure). There is a ruling about that.... The reason that you can evolve on the first turn is what gives this deck it's super easy ability to swarm. As for the decklist, I would suggest taking out the Energy Returner (you don't really need to get the energy back, from what I've seen in my testing of this deck) for another Communication/Expert Belt/Pokemon Rescue.

Hope I helped,
~A+G

Thanks for the help and clarification, guys.

After just a bit of playtesting, I took out any non-burmy pokemon. It seemed to slow down the deck quite a bit, as my ideal start is Burmy with a Mothim in my hand. I still need to adjust, though. As it stands, burmy is pretty easy to donk. I'll try out a few Chatot MDs in the deck. Starting with it could slow down the deck by 1 turn and it would take up room in the bench without an SSU, but it's better than opening with a KO'd Burmy.

The trainer line right now is focused on hand refresh. What do you think?

Hey,
Just browsing and saw another person trying Wormadam and then saw a mention! Glad I could help.
Focusing on hand refresh is pretty good as you can play down any Worms that you grab. Maybe 4 PONT is a little too much.
In my list I've got Expert Belt which really does help the extra damage so I would suggest adding even 2 in there.

Other than that, it looks pretty good :)

Are you focusing on attacking with Worms or Mothim?

Well, I guess right now there isn't a clear focus. I try to attack with mothim first, if I can. The only reason for that is if I take out wormadam trash cloak and it's KO'd, then mothim does 30 less damage, but if mothim is KO'd, wormadam's attack is still 90.

I'm really enjoying the versatility in this deck. Trash cloak's 1 M attack can be quite useful and very easy to setup in a pinch.

Two things still plague me. 1, how do I avoid being donned? And 2, seeing if I can mod this deck to be a good 30-card deck. I might have to take out the get help mothim to keep 2 cloak party mothims.

Well, to avoid getting donked, I'd simply just put more than one basic down just to cover your if you can get donked.

And yeah, the versatility is really good in this deck, cause you have to play to what your first hand gives you, being whatever cloak it is.

Hope your enjoying playing Wormadam

Hope this helps

Back