Worlds Questions

Blui

lv85 paladin
Okay, so I have a few questions regarding worlds.

If I get an invite to TCG/VGC can I attempt to grind into the other and if successful play into the one I ground into?

Does the TCG & VG have the same swag packs or are they different?

What exactly are the typical side events for worlds on day 2 of the main comp?

Thanks in advance.

Side Events are morning win a box and afternoon win a swag pack complete with everything. Plus open gaming all day.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Whats a swag pack?

Also, reword the first question.

A swag pack is just the bag filled with all the worlds themed goodies.

If I make it into one of the events can I grind into the other?
That's basically what I'm asking.

You can't participate in both events, though I'd imagine you could collect entry prizes for both.

If I get an invite to TCG/VGC can I attempt to grind into the other and if successful play into the one I ground into?
This one I know how to answer:

No, you can't. The grinders for both are on Friday, and the main events for both are on Saturday.

As for the swag packs, I would assume they are the same for both TCG and VGC players, but I do not know for sure.

What exactly are the typical side events for worlds on day 2 of the main comp?
Generally there are free 8-man tourneys, single elim, where the winner gets 2 packs and the runner-up gets 1. These go by relatively quickly, but are also extremely popular - more so on Saturday. There's also the Create-A-Pokemon-Card Contest (not really a side event, just get a piece of paper and draw something on it). I think there's another side event besides the 8-mans, but I cannot remember what it is.

(I went to Worlds in 2011 so I'm going from memory here)

I was just wondering if you exceed 400 Championship points, are you supposed to receive an official invitation to Worlds (like in the mail or through Pokemon.com) or do you just show up at Worlds?

I believe you just show up and they check a list to see if your name is on it. I don't know though.

Glace said:
You can't participate in both events, though I'd imagine you could collect entry prizes for both.

sorry, what I meant was can I play in the event I grinded into instead of the one I got from an invite.

I believe you can, yes. It'd be awkward, but I believe you do have the choice.

grantm1999 said:
I was just wondering if you exceed 400 Championship points, are you supposed to receive an official invitation to Worlds (like in the mail or through Pokemon.com) or do you just show up at Worlds?
When I got the invite in 2009, I received an email from Pokémon telling me that I was invited. I'm not sure if it's changed since then.

grantm1999 said:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/op_worlds13_invites-2013-06-27/

dmaster out.

Back