• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Worlds Format - Pikarom/Lightning Box

momand

Aspiring Trainer
I honestly think that Pikarom could be very good for post rotation/worlds format. Here's my list:
Pokemon:
3x Jirachi TEU
3x Pikachu & Zekrom GX
1x Mewtwo & Mew GX
1x Zeraora GX
1x Zapdos TEU
1x Raichu & Alolan Raichu GX
1x Dedenne GX
1x Tapu Koko (*)

Trainers:
4x Cynthia
4x Lillie
2x Volkner
1x Tate and Liza
1x Judge

4x Pokegear 3.0
4x Electropower
4x Energy Switch
4x Pokemon Communication
3x Switch
2x Electromagnetic Radar
2x Escape Board

1x Viridian Forest
1x Thunder Mountain (*)

Energy:
11x Lightning Energy

Reasons for certain card choices:
1x M&M TTGX: Very good card, is essentially there as a surprise attacker. You can Full Blitz, Tandem Shock, Plasma Fists, Tag Bolt and Lightning Ride with it. Only reason I wouldn't include it as a 2-3 of is that you can't increase its damage output
1x Raichu^2 TTGX: Overall, hypothetically better than Zapdos. For 3 Energy (which can be set up using Pikarom), you do 140 damage if you switch or retreat into it and, depending on how it is worded in the English print, auto paralysis (Bulbapedia's translation indicates that it the paralysis is added even if you don't switch but Pokebeach's translation indicates that you must switch).
1x Tate and Liza: No Guzma, need a Switch that can be searchable with Pokegear.
4x PokeCom/2x EMR: No Ultra Ball or Nest Ball so we need to play PokeCom and a higher count of EMR.

Any opinions/critique on this list?

Last edited:
Depending how popular Blacephalon gets, think about using UFM Tapu Fini.
Pikarom beats Blace anyway because it can consistently kill for 180 + accelerate + be able to Tag Bolt and take 3+ prizes in one turn

Without Ultra Ball, Lele or Marshadow I don’t see how Blace would be able to keep up

This is the build I came up with just as a fun deck to play as of right now. Before the new set comes out in aug.

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Eevee & Snorlax-GX TEU 120
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 2 Pikachu & Zekrom-GX PR-SM 168
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 2 Zapdos TEU 40
* 1 Zeraora-GX LOT 86
* 2 Jirachi TEU 99
* 1 Marshadow UNB 81

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 1 Thunder Mountain {*} LOT 191
* 1 Energy Spinner UNB 170
* 1 Red's Challenge UNB 184
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 133
* 1 Judge FLI 108
* 3 Energy Switch SUM 117
* 1 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Volkner UPR 135
* 2 Escape Board UPR 122
* 4 Electropower LOT 172
* 1 Electromagnetic Radar UNB 169
* 3 Order Pad UPR 131
* 3 Switch KSS 38
* 3 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 4 Custom Catcher LOT 171
* 2 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Bill’s Analysis TEU 133

##Energy - 11

* 11 Lightning Energy Energy 4

Pikarom beats Blace anyway because it can consistently kill for 180 + accelerate + be able to Tag Bolt and take 3+ prizes in one turn

Without Ultra Ball, Lele or Marshadow I don’t see how Blace would be able to keep up
Pikarom cant easily go for a 6 energy tag bolt when it can be one shotted of they do it's because their opponent is bricking and mew stops that besides. Choice helmet on blacephalon makes the knockout allot harder for pikarom outside of tagbolt. Blacephalon will have cherish ball,mysterious treasure and ultra space to set up so its consistency wont be an issue

Pikarom cant easily go for a 6 energy tag bolt when it can be one shotted of they do it's because their opponent is bricking and mew stops that besides. Choice helmet on blacephalon makes the knockout allot harder for pikarom outside of tagbolt. Blacephalon will have cherish ball,mysterious treasure and ultra space to set up so its consistency wont be an issue
Yeah I've realized this too, haha

Blace really gonna be good in Worlds format, not entirely sure what to play to counter (other than maybe like a 1-1 Dewgong or Fini UFM??)

@TSA123 blace isn’t gonna be that good in worlds because as somebody here already said, it loses lots of important cards. Could still play a 1-1 dewgong for reshizard matchup.

Is Zeraora UNB worth consideration?

If you can Full Blitz 3 energy onto it, plus attach one from hand, you're doing 200+ damage the next turn on a one prize attacker, or you can save it an extra turn to do 250 + 1 Electropower to OHKO ReshiZard or whatever else you want, really. It's effectively a one-use OHKO attack on a one prize attacker that doesn't use up your GX attack.

I'll admit this might slow you down a tad, but you should be able to get another attacker ready to attack right after with Tapu Koko [*] and/or Thunder Mountain [*].

I was thinking of something along these lines:
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 10

* 1 Rayquaza-GX CES 109
* 2 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 3 Pikachu & Zekrom-GX TEU 162
* 1 Tapu Koko {*} TEU 51
* 2 Zeraora-GX LOT 86
* 1 Marshadow UNB 81
* 1 Zapdos TEU 40

##Trainer Cards - 39

* 1 Thunder Mountain {*} LOT 191
* 2 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 4 Custom Catcher LOT 171
* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 4 Energy Switch CES 129
* 4 Judge Whistle TEU 146
* 4 Acro Bike CES 123
* 4 Electropower LOT 172
* 4 Electromagnetic Radar UNB 169
* 1 Lysandre Labs FLI 111
* 4 Order Pad UPR 131
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119

##Energy - 11

* 11 Lightning Energy EVO 94

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
I personally think that for a blind meta immediately following rotation, the best way to go is to go full aggro/speed. Electromagnetic Radar is an incredibly strong card for both set up and deck-thinning. I think being able to grab a PikaRom/Zeraora to build your board and a Dedenne to draw cards, without playing a supporter, is way too good to pass up and I want to play 4 copies of the card.

With 4 Acro Bike, 4 Order Pad, and 4 Judge Whistle, you effectively reduce your deck size to 48 cards. It's really interesting to see that in other cards games like Magic and Yugioh, you want to make your deck as small as possible, yet this isn't the case for Pokemon because we lack a side-board and have so many deck-search options. Post-rotation though, we lose a lot of good deck-search options, so the Magic/Yugioh philosophy of reducing your decksize is more applicable. Hence, I included this 4/4/4 line as "filler" cards and effectively reduce deck size and improve consistency. This also means that you have 12 free spots in the list, albeit I like Acro Bike and Order Pad for their own merit. I would probably begin cutting Judge Whistles to add more stuff to the deck because Judge Whistle is easily the worst of the three. Even if you don't like the 4/4/4 line, I think it's a good exercise in boiling down the deck's core and identifying its most essential components. You can use it as a template so that you can better understand what cards are necessary for the deck and which ones aren't.

Now do note that I drafted this before Unified Minds was fully revealed. I would probably toss in a 1-2 Cherish Balls. You could also play 2-3 Emolgas + Pokemon Communications to be able to search out Koko Prism and Zapdos. Not being able to search out your two non-GX attackers is currently a flaw with this build I admit. This deck should also play Raichu^2 TTGX and probably Mewtwo & Mew TTGX. If you keep all the Judge Whistles, you can play Judge as well.

Btw, I think Lysandre Labs is sort of necessary because Field Blower is rotating. I believe it's the only way to get rid of Fairy Charm Lightning and Shedinja, otherwise you sort of lose to those decks.

I'm not super convinced about the Jirachi-based variants of this deck because Jirachi can no longer find Ultra/Nest Balls, and you need to play Pokemon Communication to search out Jirachis. It just seems slow and clunky, so I think that a GX-based variant with higher counts of Dedenne GX is the way to go.

Last edited:
Back