Worlds 2015 in Boston, No TCG LCQ [11/19]

The first thing that pops into mind is the Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

I'm sorry that the first thing I relate you with is a Disney comedy, Boston people.

Maybe, just maybe, and believe me, this is a humoungously slim maybe, I might be able to go spectate at Worlds this year. This is very improbable, but there is always a chance.

For the second year in a row, Worlds will be within driving distance. And.... there is no LCQ for TCG. I guess that means I'm either grinding Cities harder than ever or I'm not getting in. I'm sure they have a reason for not doing the Grinder, but oh well, I can always spectate and do some fun side events.

SotS said:
The first thing that pops into mind is the Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

I'm sorry that the first thing I relate you with is a Disney comedy, Boston people.
At least that was a halfway decent show. Every last show on Disney today is terrible, and I think they even play Michelle Obama commercials. Errr this is off topic.

I really don't get the point of removing the LCQ, unless TPCi was tired of people getting in Worlds that didn't even get enough CP (coughmisterklaczynskicough). And I'm not sure if it has always been like this, but why does 1st place get way more than second? Wouldn't it be extremely frustrating if you got second only because the other guy had a really good deck against yours?

7f2eb27ff3.jpg

The site has officially gone down not 5 minutes after the info was put up. That being said, Boston would be a really cool place to have worlds, it's a great place to go and visit (even if you're just spectating.) 300 CP seems so low though, lol.

300 points? That's it? I totally skipped over that! I might actually have a chance of playing in Worlds after all by grinding Cities! :D I is excited... if this stuff doesn't get changed because they took it down or whatever.

My Little Keldeo said:
300 points? That's it? I totally skipped over that! I might actually have a chance of playing in Worlds after all by grinding Cities! :D I is excited... if this stuff doesn't get changed because they took it down or whatever.

iirc it was 300 for masters, 250 for seniors, and 200 for juniors in the US and Canada. It was a different amount based on the region of the world you lived in, but since the site got taken down it's possible that this wasn't final and might change.

Also 25k for 1st place. o_______o

Wow. Since this is in my area, I'll have to put more effort into going to Worlds! I could just take the Public Transportation on Friday and stay in a hotel until Monday.

How funny. I was just at Boston with my dad this past summer. As I walked through the city, especially its harbor, I remember thinking the city could be really great place to hold worlds if they ever decide to stick with the East Coast still. We even walked by that very convention center from what I remember, but it was closed off for the public. I shared my thoughts about it with dad, and it turned out he had similar thoughts.

To see that Boston did indeed become the site for next year's worlds was a surprise because my own thoughts turned out to be true. It makes me really happy that my own predictinos ended up becoming the real deal.:)

Yes the LCQ is not going to be around next year, but there is A LOT to explore within the city if you don't end up participating in the main event. Boston has a a huge variety of landmarks+places to visit, awesome places to dine, whale watching, harbor walk etc. I really enjoyed my vacation there last summer, and I honestly think this was a fantastic decision on TPCi's part.

I suppose the CP needed for an invite lowered to 300 sort of balances out having the Grinder. With less CP needed, more people should be able to receive invites. It's interesting that they're doing it this way, but I suppose it's to keep people who have been relatively inactive during the season from getting into Worlds... I don't know how right that is, but I'm hopeful that I might actually squeeze out an invite this season. I think tPCI is experimenting with the process.

Well, at least we can put to rest the rumors that Worlds will be in Orlando because that was the default name for the player in the ORAS demo. (Seriously, it was shoved into my face SO much over the past few weeks...)

As for the event itself, I feel pretty good about it. 300 CPs for Masters is definitely doable, more doable than in years past. My thoughts on the no-LCQ are mixed. On the one hand, yes, this means only the absolute best players will be competing, but on the other, this will deter people from wanting to show up just for the fun of it like in years past. Now there's really no reason to go unless you're already pre-qualified. (Unless there are some out-of-this-world awesome side events.)

Well looks like I'm not going its 12 hours away and I'm not that dedicated to Pokémon to drive 12 hours and waste all that gas money :p

Was this uploaded to TCG section or something? How come there was no mention of VG? I only ask this because they specified "Pokémon Trading Card Game World Championships" then went on to say "There will not be a last chance qualifier at the 2015 Pokémon World Championships." But the news story says no LCQ for TCG.

Please excuse me, but could someone please explain to me what "CP" means? Im getting into the game after 10 years again and have no idea what its standing for… A link for more information would be enough though

Not bad Nintendo.

Gratz on doing ONE Worlds event outside of America after announcing you were going to diversify.

(where's that sarcasm punctuation mark?)

I am Sooooooooooooo Happppppppppppyyyyyy. I live about 30 minutes away from Boston!!!!! Looks like the TCG Gods missed me. :p

Hope to see you guys there! :)

I only need 150 CP as Mexico, for the first time, is considered as Latin America!
Too bad next National will be my last year as Senior.

Back